Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2022, 08:41 AM   #41
Pink Wool
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by UknownSource View Post

I really don't understand you cockos.

Item containers instead of FX containers?
I can only guess that it is easier to do, but in terms of how much people will actually need this compare to fx containers, this make no sense.

Priorities :/
Oh, for crying out loud, not this stuff again?! People have asked you nicely to stop spamming with the FX containers stuff, yet here you are again! Unbelievable!
Old 11-08-2022, 02:14 AM   #42
UknownSource

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
I happened to reply to that thread while browsing the other forum, but you should not mention it in the pre-release thread, it's completely unrelated. Don't take my response there as this post having been effective. :/
That's the fastest way he got your attention?

I see lots people wish for fx container for more than a decade already and you didn't give it any attention.
I wish to hear if you like the idea and if this is something that you wish to add in the future, at least.
Old 11-08-2022, 02:16 AM   #43
sockmonkey72

Quote:
Old 11-08-2022, 02:25 AM   #44
UknownSource

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey72 View Post
now that's totally unrelated!
Old 11-08-2022, 02:28 AM   #45
sockmonkey72

Quote:
now that's totally unrelated!
It was an unwise feeding of the troll, that's for sure. Go back to your thread, please -- meta-spamming about your feature is still irrelevant spamming.
Old 11-08-2022, 02:58 AM   #46
UknownSource

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey72 View Post
It was an unwise feeding of the troll, that's for sure. Go back to your thread, please -- meta-spamming about your feature is still irrelevant spamming.
Now that's also unrelated!
Old 11-08-2022, 03:06 AM   #47
tohubohu

Quote:

I see lots people wish for fx container for more than a decade already and you didn't give it any attention.
I wish to hear if you like the idea and if this is something that you wish to add in the future, at least.
Hello
it's useless to insist as you do especially on a non-dedicated thread.
If they don't respond to this new feature, it's because there are reasons that don't concern us: other priorities, technical difficulties, and they may not yet know if they will or not...
Old 11-08-2022, 04:24 AM   #48
UknownSource

Quote:
Originally Posted by tohubohu View Post
Hello
it's useless to insist as you do especially on a non-dedicated thread.
If they don't respond to this new feature, it's because there are reasons that don't concern us: other priorities, technical difficulties, and they may not yet know if they will or not...
I do like to hear from them, instead of users speculations... (even though they don't have to tell... I just really want and need to know.)

Last edited by UknownSource; 11-08-2022 at 04:37 AM.
Old 11-08-2022, 04:59 AM   #49
BartR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
I happened to reply to that thread while browsing the other forum, but you should not mention it in the pre-release thread, it's completely unrelated. Don't take my response there as this post having been effective. :/
hello Justin

I thought I could report it here, to see eventually to get the fix into the next release.
That's it. I'm sorry if I was wrong
Old 11-08-2022, 05:01 AM   #50
BartR

Quote:

Well, it's the way I thought it could be eventually taken into consideration to be solved in the next release.
Not certainly to push anybody.

That's it.
Old 11-08-2022, 05:12 AM   #51
tohubohu

Quote:
I do like to hear from them, instead of users speculations... (even though they don't have to tell... I just really want and need to know.)
You could also change software rather than get impatient with features that may never come. I love reaper but for the score editor, I went to musescore personally. I have permanently abandoned the requests.
Old 11-08-2022, 09:05 AM   #52
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Quote:
If I were the devs, I wouldn't consider it because of the constant constant annoyance regarding this feature and the endless questions that, even if I would answer them, wouldn't stop the annoying questions coming up. Questions that aren't constructive, but nagging and nagging and nagging.
And I wouldn't even tell you that I wouldn't do it, to not invite more posts of bitterness you seem to feel about not having the feature right away.

I can't speak for Justin, but since he's known to be very interest driven, when developing features, I can imagine, that annoyance is the best way to let the interest in a feature dwindle.
In my case, it would be, no matter how cool the feature would be.

If the devs didn't do anything FX-container related, they have their reasons. And even if you knew these reasons, there's nothing you could do about it anyways, as a lot of this would need to be sorted out by the devs themselves, not anyone else.
Is it so hard to accept?

On vacation for the time being...
Old 11-08-2022, 09:27 AM   #53
sockmonkey72

My operating theory is that each spam incident involving this FR resets the timer which Justin and Schwa use to determine when we get pre-releases. Stop spamming, for crying out loud.
Old 11-08-2022, 09:30 PM   #54
daniellumertz

never feed the fxcontainers trolls, nothing to win.
Old 11-09-2022, 05:06 AM   #55
UknownSource

I just see the great potential of having this feature IN REAPER and how much this feature is missing for so many users including myself and yet no response at all.

I love you Justin, you super talented programmer, and great person as far as I know from the interviews of you over the net, but I am disappointed somehow that such important feature is missing in your nearly perfect DAW.

hard to understand...
sorry
Old 11-09-2022, 10:35 AM   #56
Klangfarben

Quote:
I just see the great potential of having this feature IN REAPER and how much this feature is missing for so many users including myself and yet no response at all.

I love you Justin, you super talented programmer, and great person as far as I know from the interviews of you over the net, but I am disappointed somehow that such important feature is missing in your nearly perfect DAW.

hard to understand...
sorry
Since reading comprehension and/or English clearly is not your thing, maybe scroll up a few posts to the part where Justin (yes, THAT Justin) asked us all to NOT post unrelated feature requests in the pre-release thread. The same Justin who not only codes Reaper, but also DOES listen to users, DOES engage with us on the forum AND puts up with all our bullshit - including the steaming pile you just dropped here.

And your response to Justin's request to not post unrelated steaming piles of shit here is what? To just double-down ONE post after he asked everyone not to? (Also just to be clear, *everyone* DOES include you). Yeah, great detective work there, Lou. That's not going to completely piss him off. He literally JUST posted to please not do that.

So as I'm not an employee or representative of Cockos, I'm going to take a slightly less polite route here.

SHUT. THE. EFF. UP. Take your feature request, your lack of basic reading skills and your gigantic man-baby whining and post about it ANYWHERE else. I don't care where. I don't care if you keep bumping the fx container thread over and over, like you reading your STD test results over and over wondering if they are going to magically go away. AS LONG AS IT'S NOT FUCKING HERE.

See, you aren't being an impassioned user when you do this shit. You aren't enlightening anyone with your grand opinions of what makes a good DAW. You aren't even helping your own cause. You are just being an asshole. And if that was all you were doing, I wouldn't have that much of a problem with it. But what you are ALSO doing is making Justin less likely to engage here. Less likely to consider requests from people other than YOU. Less likely to discuss pre-release-specific features with users in the pre-release forum. Why? Because every time he logs in, he has to read posts from dipshits like you who think that YOUR requests are more important than everyone else's. Who thinks spamming every corner of the forum, including here, is somehow going to be effective. Who thinks that not getting an explicit no is justification to keep pushing things, like some fuck nut who just roofied his date.

And that I DO have a problem with. Because I want Justin and Schwa here engaging, answering questions, considering requests - from EVERYONE. You just want to vomit regurgitated pie out of your pie hole, not caring if it gets on the rest of us.

So, since reading and forum protocol seem to be problems for you, let me spell it out for you. Quit your bullshit. This is the pre-release thread. For discussing pre-releases. Maybe, just maybe, if you tried listening to the guy who codes Reaper and not completely piss him the eff off, we can have nice things. If nothing else, you STFU would at least be a welcome change.

P.S. Mods feel free to do your thing...
Old 12-11-2022, 02:44 AM   #57
UknownSource

Gj, but still no features that I find useful for my production..., gonna skip this update too.

ahh btw since "fx" is getting love?
so are we going to have fx container?
Old 12-11-2022, 02:51 AM   #58
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Nice. More food for the offtopic warehouse. It's starving from what I've heard.

@devs
Would it be possible to add a function for getting/setting the force AutoBypass-feature for an fx? It's difficult to do via StateChunks...

On vacation for the time being...
Old 12-11-2022, 03:09 AM   #59
sockmonkey72

Quote:
Gj, but still no features that I find useful for my production..., gonna skip this update too.

I noticed you're working on "programming". I, too, have a feature request which involves programming, so I guess today's my lucky day!
Old 12-11-2022, 03:17 AM   #60
lb0

Quote:

Seriously - everyone on here knows you want a very specific function. It's getting way beyond boring. The rest of us post at an appropriate time in an appropriate place - then leave it and hope for the best. If it happens then great - if not, we appreciate we are not the only users wanting stuff from a small dev team who cannot please everyone.

Just leave it - go back to the appropriate FR thread and vent your repetitive boring feature tourettes there please.
Closed Thread