Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 07-17-2018, 05:34 AM   #1
Dr. Frankenkeim
Human being with feelings

Default Is anybody running Minilogue -> Helix -> Reaper?

Aloha - I know that this is not a direct Reaper issue, but I was wondering if anybody is running the Korg minilogue directly into the Helix, and is using the Helix as an audio AND midi interface into Reaper.

When I connect the minilogue via USB directly to my computer, and run the minilogue's audio into the Helix everything is working fine. However, if I run the minilogue's midi and audio into the Helix I am experiencing issues.

It's best explained with the video below by Kenny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ1iHnkqiXA&t=16s

I am following all steps exactly as explained - again, via USB it's working fine. The USB cable I have is very noisy, and I would like to use MIDI cables instead.

When I connect the minilogue Midi In/Out with the Helix Out/In, I am experiencing the following:

1) The setup around timestamp 2:50 - 3:10 in the video below does produce a constant midi feedback loop that renders it unusable. I can fix it by changing the routing temporarily to another midi channel, and change it back to the correct midi channel when I am ready to print the audio. This issue does not exist using USB.

2) I am experiencing random crashes of HX Edit (error: "unit was disconnected"). The actual floor unit does not crash and I can still run audio for a guitar and the keyboard through it. However, the HX Edit crash does cause the midi data transfer to stop (audio continues). I need to restart the floor unit and HX edit to fix this issue

Thank you all!
Dr. Frankenkeim is offline   Reply With Quote