COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2014, 09:59 AM   #1
fabulousfab
Human being with feelings

Default WDL-FAB (IPlug fork from wdl-ol)

Hi folks,

I submitted a fork of wdl-ol that may be worth of your interest:
http://github.com/fab672000/wdl-fab

This branch mainly focuses for now on code cleanup and re-usability.

Provides a Cmake build alternative, which makes a new project creation (i.e. in the examples folder) a 2-liner.

It provides a lot of code decoupling and re-factoring/cleanup (i.e. less files to duplicate for each new project, audio preferences dialog integrated inton the iPlug library hence can evolve rapidly with no code duplication).

It makes unsafe depracted api safe (like string manipulation operations), hence enhancing debuggability and also provides minor enhancements in that regard(i.e. logging).

It also provides fixes and enhancements in terms of features compleneteness like the std dialogs api. Much more to come on hopefully improved fundations can be expected after this first phase.

It provides other code refactoring benefits and is still a work in progress in terms of code cleanup (will probability never end :-)

Also provides extra work and custom html pages autodocumentation with doxygen (lots of todo's here).

The win32 branch should be able to autogenerate including all examples ...
the osx branch is fully building the libs and working in terms of framework but the cmake has to be completed for the examples and is still wip (can only build & run the IplugControl example executable for now)

The multiples area of improvements from scratch make this project a bit challenging to continue alone so if burning heads could volunteer to help that would be greatly appreciated.

I only work on my spare time on it, so if you want faster updates please contribute !

This is really only the beginning, I have a lot of ideas I'd like to implement so any help will be a great time saver.

Thanks in advance for having a look and provide feedback,

-Fab

Last edited by fabulousfab; 04-12-2014 at 11:15 AM.
fabulousfab is offline   Reply With Quote