Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 05-05-2019, 08:14 PM   #1
Human being with feelings

Default Labeling of Notes in Midi Editor (Named Notes)

Hello,
I really like to use the Named notes window instead of the classical piano roll. But unlike in FL Studio it doesn't show me the Note names. Instead I only see a list of numbers like 69. But I want that it displays instead of 69,70,71 -> A4, A#4, B4. Now I found out if I double right click on them I can name them by myself, but that takes alot of effort and time. And even when I name it by myself, after restarting Reaper everything disappears again.

Second thing is that in the piano roll I can see note names on notes when I activate it at View -> Piano roll notes -> Show note names on notes. But in the Named notes window it doesn't show me the note names on the notes, even though it's activated.
I hope you can help me.
Thx

Last edited by 2211; 05-05-2019 at 08:22 PM.
2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 08:52 PM   #2
poplomop

Check out the section in the user manual, "13.48 Custom MIDI Note and CC Names".

Go to stash.reaper.fm and search for "Notes for Names". Unzip and put that txt file somewhere. (There is a folder called "MIDINoteNames" in your reaper folder that you could use.) Load that file according to the instructions from that manual page.

You can save the track the midi item is on as a track template and the track template will always load that custom midi note names.
poplomop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 09:07 PM   #3
poplomop

P.S. In the midi editor in the file menu under File > Note/CC names > Load note/CC names from file, there is a little history list of the files in the "MIDINoteNames" directory, so that's a fast access for loading the names instead of using a track template.

By the way you can see the note names in the piano roll view as well as the named notes view. (Which is why the C notes in that txt file have a ">>" there instead of "C". But you could always edit that file if you don't want that.)
poplomop is offline   Reply With Quote