Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 03-28-2012, 11:47 PM   #1
Colox
Human being with feelings

Default Help: Modify the track coloration procedure

My theme is my own mod based on the V4 theme of Reaper. But I need to change the way Reaper colors a track and I just can't figure out how to - been trying alot.

In my theme, the label on each track are black Arial text, and the box where the label resides uses a white background.

But when I colorize a track - by right clicking on the track and choosing "Set track to custom color" - the coloration applies to the background color AND changes the white background color of the textbox as well. This is not good, since some darker colors - like purple or blue - makes the black text in the textbox very difficult to read. I need the background of the textbox to remain white, even if the track gets set to a different color than default.

My problem is that I can't figure out how to tell Reaper to maintain white background of the label textbox. It doesn't seem to me that Reaper offers the possibility to do this, at least not in the Theme Editor in the Preferences.

Is this perhaps possible by using other, or more advanced theme editing? And if so, where might I start looking?

thx for any thoughts or help
/C
Colox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:14 AM   #2
Some Guy

in the preferences (i think in appearance) you have a checkbox for coloring text label background.
Some Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:15 AM   #3
Colox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
in the preferences (i think in appearance) you have a checkbox for coloring text label background.
Nice!! What a forum!

That was a bit odd, to find such an option outside of the Theme Editor framwork, since it can have a directly theme-related impact on the appearance.

For anyone experiencing the same issue who might read this, go to Preferences -> Appearance, in the section called "Track control panels" uncheck the option called "Set track label background to custom track colors".

Thx Some Guy
Colox is offline   Reply With Quote