Old 06-22-2018, 11:53 AM   #1
tzzsmk
Human being with feelings

Default Multibackup?

Hello friends,

I'm experimenting with some serious performance improvements for Reaper rendering (20-25% faster), but those make entire computer (even 6-core i7 with 32GB ram, MacOS or Windows) unstable occasionally,

my question is, how can I save (manually) just the project .rpp file to multiple locations (multiple drives)?

thx in advance

Last edited by tzzsmk; 06-22-2018 at 12:52 PM.
tzzsmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 04:45 PM   #2
fetidus

Not sure if this will help, but I use a program call SyncBackPro and you can set up any kind of backup/mirror process, including multiple profiles with different destinations. SyncBackPro is extremely lightweight so you can keep this running in the background and when you save in Reaper, just either manually run your SyncBackPro profiles or configure it to run on a schedule. It has some very deep features so you can set up pretty much everything you can imagine, from versioning, saving to various drives, cloud services, emails, and some really complex things. Might do the trick for you.
fetidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 01:58 AM   #3
tzzsmk

hmm I'm thinking about some third-party mirroring, but it would be still nicer to have just a simple "save project file to multiple locations" feature directly in Reaper
Old 06-27-2018, 06:08 AM   #4
fetidus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzzsmk View Post
hmm I'm thinking about some third-party mirroring, but it would be still nicer to have just a simple "save project file to multiple locations" feature directly in Reaper
That would indeed be a cool feature. If you do a feature request for it, let me know, and I'll vote for it.

BTW, SyncBackPro is one of the best on Windows IMO, but on the Mac, the one I use is ChronoSync. I noticed your sig, which wasn't there before, so I assumed Windows, but ChronoSync is great on OSX.
fetidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 11:03 AM   #5
Doc Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetidus View Post
That would indeed be a cool feature. If you do a feature request for it, let me know, and I'll vote for it.

BTW, SyncBackPro is one of the best on Windows IMO, but on the Mac, the one I use is ChronoSync. I noticed your sig, which wasn't there before, so I assumed Windows, but ChronoSync is great on OSX.

Cockos' own pathsync is a nice solution but it only has one destination location as far as I can tell.
Doc Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 03:42 PM   #6
albatteur

In Project settings/media they are two paths to save media files on two different hdd but not .RPP.
albatteur is offline   Reply With Quote