Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 04-28-2021, 10:18 AM   #1
lerian
Human being with feelings

Default v6 mod - display the track number only when track is selected

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
IIRC, sort of, its been a very long time but here is the vague reason that was somewhere in the back of my brain: the alpha is used in composition with the text field's code background colour (that you probably don't use), and that is a factor of how windows does text fields.

Are you doing a default v6 mod? If so there are some other ways you could do it.
Not sure i understand the reason but yes, the thing i want to achieve is on a v6 mod - display the track number only when track is selected to lessen the overall visual clutter. I did it with alpha=1 on osx, but doesn't have the same effect on windows.

So isn't a bug on how Reaper interpret differently rtconfig on different os but rather it relies on windows to do it? Sorry, im a bit confused. Anyway, if there is another solution then i will use that. Would be nice to know how to use alpha also, should open a thread on theming forum?
lerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 01:17 AM   #2
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Doing it with WALTER:

One of my big goals in that whole default v6 foldering/index/indenting effort was to make it so that you could change one of these elements without it breaking the others like it would have in v5.

Code:
set tcp.trackidx	+ + [0 0 this_tcp_indent] [folder_sec 0 0 0 0 0 0 1] * scale [0 0 18 100]
  set tcp.trackidx	?supercollapsed{0} + tcp.trackidx * scale [0 0 0 40]
  set tcp_idx_margin		- / h 2 * scale 18
  set tcp.trackidx.margin	+ [this_tcp_indent] + [0 tcp_idx_margin 0 tcp_idx_margin 0.5] folderstate<0 * scale [0 -6 0 6] folderstate==1 * scale [0 16] 0
So, I only use trackidx to do x-axis work, and if you have a look at tcp_idxbg.png / tcp_idxbg_sel.png you'll see that they don't have anything going on in the y-axis. This means I can do as much walter heavy lifting in the y-axis as I like, using the margins, and its not going to affect anything else.

So : you could add an additional line for tcp.trackidx.margin, if track not selected, and use the y-margins to push the index text off the top off the panel or somewhere else its not going to be seen.

Doing it with colour:

If you know the colour of the background (so, either default colour or custom colour or some composite of the two) and you make the text that colour, the text will become invisible.

Doing this on a def6 mod with track index will depend on whether you have used my partial colouring hack, and your tolerance for it possibly looking weird if the user sets the TCP panel to an absurdly large size.
Old 04-29-2021, 10:47 AM   #3
lerian

Sorry, im just lost. As much as i am frustrated by it, everything walter that i learn i just forget it the next week or so.

Can you please write the complete line? I am using your hack for tcp-only-strip-color

..so my line is:

Code:
set tcp.trackidx.margin        			+ [0 tcp_idx_margin 0 tcp_idx_margin 0.5] folderstate<0 * scale [0 -6 0 6] folderstate==1 * scale [0 16] 0
Old 04-30-2021, 02:46 AM   #4
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
you could add an additional line for tcp.trackidx.margin, if track not selected, and use the y-margins to push the index text off the top off the panel or somewhere else its not going to be seen.
So: you don't need to change the line, you just add a second line with a track selected condition and something like:

Code:
set tcp.trackidx.margin + [this_tcp_indent] + [0 tcp_idx_margin 0 tcp_idx_margin 0.5] folderstate<0 * scale [0 -6 0 6] folderstate==1 * scale [0 16] 0
set tcp.trackidx.margin ?track_selected . [100 0 0 0]
(not tested)
Old 05-01-2021, 02:47 PM   #5
permeke

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerian View Post
Sorry, im just lost. As much as i am frustrated by it, everything walter that i learn i just forget it the next week or so.

Can you please write the complete line? I am using your hack for tcp-only-strip-color

..so my line is:

Code:
set tcp.trackidx.margin        			+ [0 tcp_idx_margin 0 tcp_idx_margin 0.5] folderstate<0 * scale [0 -6 0 6] folderstate==1 * scale [0 16] 0

That's a clean theme . Name please
permeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 11:31 PM   #6
lerian

Quote:
(not tested)
Thanks, it works as it is on default theme settings, will try and see how it behaves with the mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by permeke
That's a clean theme . Name please
The theme is ClearView. The thread is below, there are few mods i haven't included in the update just yet, so you can download the files from the forum posts.