Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 05-01-2021, 04:44 PM   #201
gapalil001
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfshavedyaks View Post
I really like the clarity of this theme as my eyes are not so good any more.

I have some suggestions.

* I find the track highlighting hard on the eyes. I suggest these changes:

- remove the bright white section on highlighted tracks

- in the MCP, keep the track colours in the main track area, like you have in the TCP EDIT: I now see that catually there is a very desatutaed version of the trcak colour in the MCP background of non-selcted trcaks. could this be less desaturated so the colour is more visible?

- do track selection highlighting some other way - like making the whole track, all elements a little brighter or something like that. the fact that some parts of the track change colour dramatically and others don't change at all is kind of confusing.

-the way track selction highlighting is done in the TCP is OK except for the white section, what about make the white section use the track colour instead of the white?

* The pan controls in the TCP could use some improvemnets - I suggest:

- don't show the width control when in stereo balance or mono pan mode as it is not needed.
- when the pan controls are in slider mode, make the two sliders full width one above the other. when they are side by side they are very small!
- when the track height is increased the text numbers do not show when there is first enough space, uyou have to increase it much too biig before they show up

It would also be nice to have a slider pan option in the MCP

I would really like to see a TCP layout with a long horizontal meter under the controls - look at the Default_V3 theme to see what I mean. In V3 the meter was also clickable to select input, very convenient!

One last thing, and this one is something that affects every theme I have tried - when a track is muted it is dark and low contrast and the waveform is hard to see - just because I don't want a track playing doesn't mean I don't want to be able to see the waveform clearly. An alternative way of showing muted tracks that still makes the waveform clear would be brilliant!

I hope this is useful feedback!
hello, thanks for the request! there are some things I've tried and they don't work, there are some things that are difficult to do due to the reaper's limitations. but I must admit that I also disagree with some things.

Let’s getting started:

- white highlighted area for selected tracks is a part of design. I think about make it bit brighter than non-selected but don’t remove. Also if it will be transparent, the meter will looks weird and track name/number can be difficult to read.

- MCP Colors. Maybe is well idea and guess I like it, but more color saturation for non-selected tracks will reveal some workarounds that I use because of some reaper limitations. Or I will use it if I’ll find one more workaround

- Pan/width: you exactly right that it’s will change according to pan mode. The images for other modes are ready and yes, I got files for long pan slider. But for some unknown reasons it’s don’t works to me and I working for that. I leave width control because I find it very useful and I use it in every single session for controlling and mirroring stereo spread and I really love it.

- pan/width labels. Yes it shows only when height permits. That’s because I guess that looks weird and I really don’t like how it looks. So I hide it to use it as needed.

- I can’t figure out how can I fit meter under the controls in whole theme design. BUT you can try to use theme adjuster to select meter position or try “meterbridge” TCP Layout. Hope it will be helpful.

- as I know, color changes for muted tracks are not obeying theme so that’s also reason why you see it in every single theme.

Now I’m working with “true” 4K theme and I need a lot of time for that. I don’t know when I will finish that. Thank you for trying my theme!
gapalil001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 02:58 AM   #202
halfshavedyaks

these images show the V3 TCP layout - it is very different, so I would understand if you didn't want to do one like that - but would be cool to a totally different layout like this availble with your clear graphics.
Attached Images
File Type: png DefaultV3-TCP-Stereo.png (54.1 KB, 126 views)
File Type: png DefaultV3-TCP.png (54.3 KB, 798 views)
halfshavedyaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 03:16 AM   #203
halfshavedyaks

* what if the highlighted white area used the track colour instead of white?

I would be interested to see what happens with the increased non-selected track saturation. is this an easy change I could try?

* panning label - yes it is right for them to only show when space permits, but in fact they don't show unless there is twice as much space - they could show easily on some smaller heights where now there is only blank space under the pan controls

* also the stereo width - yes it needs to be there in stereo mode, but it is no use at all for mono tracks. But it sounds like you are already trying to make that work. for me having the pan slider be full width is more important than having the width control disappear for mono tracks. (I use maybe 66% mono tracks)

* yes I wish reaper would allow themeing of the mute colour.

with the white selected track highlight - what i don't like is that 1. it is too bright - and 2. that it breaks up the visual impression of the whole track column as one visual entity, and this makes it harder to instantly see where the trcaks are. However I do not have a fixed idea about how it should be done - you might have some better idea than I do about it if you understand what i mean about itbreaking up the visual cohesiveness of the track.

I look forward to seeing any updates, and alos your new theme.

I can't quite use this one as it is right now, but it is close. I will try it some more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapalil001 View Post
hello, thanks for the request! there are some things I've tried and they don't work, there are some things that are difficult to do due to the reaper's limitations. but I must admit that I also disagree with some things.

Let’s getting started:

- white highlighted area for selected tracks is a part of design. I think about make it bit brighter than non-selected but don’t remove. Also if it will be transparent, the meter will looks weird and track name/number can be difficult to read.

- MCP Colors. Maybe is well idea and guess I like it, but more color saturation for non-selected tracks will reveal some workarounds that I use because of some reaper limitations. Or I will use it if I’ll find one more workaround

- Pan/width: you exactly right that it’s will change according to pan mode. The images for other modes are ready and yes, I got files for long pan slider. But for some unknown reasons it’s don’t works to me and I working for that. I leave width control because I find it very useful and I use it in every single session for controlling and mirroring stereo spread and I really love it.

- pan/width labels. Yes it shows only when height permits. That’s because I guess that looks weird and I really don’t like how it looks. So I hide it to use it as needed.

- I can’t figure out how can I fit meter under the controls in whole theme design. BUT you can try to use theme adjuster to select meter position or try “meterbridge” TCP Layout. Hope it will be helpful.

- as I know, color changes for muted tracks are not obeying theme so that’s also reason why you see it in every single theme.

Now I’m working with “true” 4K theme and I need a lot of time for that. I don’t know when I will finish that. Thank you for trying my theme!
halfshavedyaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 02:04 AM   #204
mozart999uk

Just sent you a PM about a donation......:-)
mozart999uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 04:33 AM   #205
dupont

annoying in OSX :
My OSX dock is set to auto hide and is at the left side of the desktop.
The arrow to expand a folder track is too closed to the left side of reaper window and when Reaper is in fullscreen mode, It's too closed to OSX desktop border so most of the time OSX dock pops up...
dupont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 06:36 AM   #206
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozart999uk View Post
Just sent you a PM about a donation......:-)
Got IT!!! Donation sended fine!
Old 05-06-2021, 06:41 AM   #207
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by dupont View Post
annoying in OSX :
My OSX dock is set to auto hide and is at the left side of the desktop.
The arrow to expand a folder track is too closed to the left side of reaper window and when Reaper is in fullscreen mode, It's too closed to OSX desktop border so most of the time OSX dock pops up...
hm... pretty interesting. i use macOS too, just now checked how it works on fullscreen mode and all works fine to me. but i guess that i probably need to see some screenshots how it works to you
Old 05-06-2021, 08:00 AM   #208
dupont

Quote:
hm... pretty interesting. i use macOS too, just now checked how it works on fullscreen mode and all works fine to me. but i guess that i probably need to see some screenshots how it works to you
here is the screenshot

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xx_...ew?usp=sharing
dupont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 10:54 AM   #209
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by dupont View Post
yes, i see. sometimes got similar issue with bottom scrollbar (my dock is down-positioned) seems like that the hide button need to be moved right a bit. i need time to think
Old 05-07-2021, 07:54 AM   #210
mozart999uk

I've noticed that when using the inline midi editor, and the item is selected, the four icons at the top right are very hard to see:

Any ideas on how to make them a bit clearer?
Attached Images
File Type: png Flat madness inline editor icons when selected.png (10.7 KB, 151 views)
Old 05-07-2021, 02:47 PM   #211
gapalil001

Quote:
I've noticed that when using the inline midi editor, and the item is selected, the four icons at the top right are very hard to see:

Any ideas on how to make them a bit clearer?
wow! i've never use them, but seems like they must be totally replaced. they are also out of style. thank you! the next update may be next week and i guess i can make whole-new buttons. also there is the TCP pan modes will works fine
Old 05-08-2021, 04:09 AM   #212
mozart999uk

Quote:
wow! i've never use them, but seems like they must be totally replaced. they are also out of style. thank you! the next update may be next week and i guess i can make whole-new buttons. also there is the TCP pan modes will works fine

There's one in there for zoom and scroll within the inline editor which is really useful :-)
Old 05-18-2021, 11:36 AM   #213
Senpai_Yank

Is there a way to disable folder indentation?
Apart from that, this theme is practically flawless IMO. It looks modern, clean and practical. Not to mention the whole logic and ableton vibes that go alongside it
Keep up the good work man!
Senpai_Yank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 06:24 AM   #214
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senpai_Yank View Post
Is there a way to disable folder indentation?
Apart from that, this theme is practically flawless IMO. It looks modern, clean and practical. Not to mention the whole logic and ableton vibes that go alongside it
Keep up the good work man!
Thank you so much=) the V2 is coming, and will be available as beta (see Google drive) at the days for FHD. You can change or disable folderindent width via rtconfig.txt file in theme archive. Rename .reaperthemezip to .zip and go to the data folder and open rtconfig.txt file. Find string called “tcp_folderindent” and change number to desired (0 for disable). Then select folder and .reapertheme file and create zip archive, rename .zip back to .reaperthemezip. But I can’t figure out how do you will navigate in project (especially seeing subfolders, etc.)

Thank you for support=)
Old 05-19-2021, 06:49 AM   #215
vanhaze

Awesome work and can't wait for V2, thanks so much !
Old 05-19-2021, 11:46 AM   #216
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhaze View Post
Awesome work and can't wait for V2, thanks so much !
thank you! i hope you will love it
Old 05-19-2021, 02:42 PM   #217
Senpai_Yank

Quote:
Thank you so much=) the V2 is coming, and will be available as beta (see Google drive) at the days for FHD. You can change or disable folderindent width via rtconfig.txt file in theme archive. Rename .reaperthemezip to .zip and go to the data folder and open rtconfig.txt file. Find string called “tcp_folderindent” and change number to desired (0 for disable). Then select folder and .reapertheme file and create zip archive, rename .zip back to .reaperthemezip. But I can’t figure out how do you will navigate in project (especially seeing subfolders, etc.)

Thank you for support=)
No, thank YOU for the support
No indentantion is much better for me because I have a quite small screen and resolution. Also, I don't use sub folders so that's why it is a non issue for me.
Senpai_Yank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 10:04 AM   #218
gapalil001

SPOILER
all layouts are default!(exclude mixer color faders)

also one more thread about theme developement started

Last edited by gapalil001; 05-20-2021 at 10:32 AM.
Old 05-21-2021, 05:28 AM   #219
gapalil001

Quote:
V2 Google Drive Only 18 may 2021
- dark theme less darken
- bright theme less brighten
- re-arranged some theme colors
- pan modes finally works for sliders and knobs. now you got long pan slider in default
- new TCP Master panel
- new MCP master panel
- "dark mode" MCP layout are default now, and changed for bright theme. also colored faders migrated to new default layout. old layout also keeped.
- previously "economy" TCP layout are default now. dark, solid color etc layouts migrated to new default template. ex-default layout called "enhanced"
- new minimalistic and fatten scrollbars without markers
- new transport elements that better fix whole theme design
one more big day for my theme

Last edited by gapalil001; 05-21-2021 at 06:22 AM.
Old 05-21-2021, 05:45 AM   #220
cjewellstudios

Quote:
one more big day for my theme
Yes!

Can't wait to try it out!

Love this theme so much!
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 05:58 AM   #221
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
Yes!

Can't wait to try it out!

Love this theme so much!
thank you a lot! Enjoy!
Old 05-21-2021, 10:22 AM   #222
Uncovered Pitch

Really liking V2—with each revision the theme seems to become even easier on the eye!

Quick question: would it be possible to bring back the "Mixer_Huge" layout? I use it for embedded UIs like meters and need the extra width in the MCP.

I can copy&paste a track with the extra width from a project made with an earlier version of the theme so there's a workaround but it would be nice to be able to simply create a new track and then choose the layout as before.

Also the theme adjuster doesn't appear for me; I only get a simple color controls panel with gamma, shadows etc. I'm on Reaper 6.29 and MacOS 10.14. Thanks!
Uncovered Pitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 10:48 AM   #223
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncovered Pitch View Post
Really liking V2—with each revision the theme seems to become even easier on the eye!

Quick question: would it be possible to bring back the "Mixer_Huge" layout? I use it for embedded UIs like meters and need the extra width in the MCP.

I can copy&paste a track with the extra width from a project made with an earlier version of the theme so there's a workaround but it would be nice to be able to simply create a new track and then choose the layout as before.

Also the theme adjuster doesn't appear for me; I only get a simple color controls panel with gamma, shadows etc. I'm on Reaper 6.29 and MacOS 10.14. Thanks!
I was in doubt when I deleted this layout and it looks like I will have to return it. there is two ways to solve your problem - very easy and bit hard. easy way is just change track channels to 4 (or 8 to more wider). the next one is hard, and maybe i can do it later - changes in rtconfig.txt, but i guess you wouldn't. so you can use first method, and wait 2-3 days for the update, i'm sorry about that!

yes, in theme adjuster you will see color patterns by default, but it have several pages of settings that switces by arrows above at the sides of menu label

thank you for using my theme!
Old 05-21-2021, 11:55 AM   #224
Uncovered Pitch

Quote:
I was in doubt when I deleted this layout and it looks like I will have to return it. there is two ways to solve your problem - very easy and bit hard. easy way is just change track channels to 4 (or 8 to more wider). the next one is hard, and maybe i can do it later - changes in rtconfig.txt, but i guess you wouldn't. so you can use first method, and wait 2-3 days for the update, i'm sorry about that!

yes, in theme adjuster you will see color patterns by default, but it have several pages of settings that switces by arrows above at the sides of menu label

thank you for using my theme!
Thank you for the quick reply! The track channel method worked, but I'm not sure how it will affect CPU usage so I'll happily wait for the update.

Like I said the theme adjuster doesn't appear at all, I don't even get the first page with the color patterns. It does work with the Default theme so I'm not sure what else I can do.
Old 05-21-2021, 12:40 PM   #225
gapalil001

Quote:
Thank you for the quick reply! The track channel method worked, but I'm not sure how it will affect CPU usage so I'll happily wait for the update.

Like I said the theme adjuster doesn't appear at all, I don't even get the first page with the color patterns. It does work with the Default theme so I'm not sure what else I can do.
shure?
Old 05-22-2021, 01:56 PM   #226
Uncovered Pitch

Quote:
sure?
Ok so you need to switch to the default theme first, open the adjuster and then switch back to Flat Madness. That wasn't clear from the instructions!

Now everything works. I don't use the TCP nor folders though, so at the moment there's nothing I would want to adjust. Apart from the genius and mix quality sliders though—I turned those all the way up and my now mix sounds better than Serban Ghenea!

It would be great if in the MCP the recording fields(including the MIDI input) could disappear completely(thus saving pixels), leaving just the automation field. Don't know if that's difficult or even possible with theming.
Old 05-23-2021, 06:39 AM   #227
gapalil001

Quote:
Ok so you need to switch to the default theme first, open the adjuster and then switch back to Flat Madness. That wasn't clear from the instructions!

Now everything works. I don't use the TCP nor folders though, so at the moment there's nothing I would want to adjust. Apart from the genius and mix quality sliders though—I turned those all the way up and my now mix sounds better than Serban Ghenea!

It would be great if in the MCP the recording fields(including the MIDI input) could disappear completely(thus saving pixels), leaving just the automation field. Don't know if that's difficult or even possible with theming.
i'm sorry about instructions, i will add detailed description.

i'm happy that's last sliders works to you that's works to me just sometimes i guess that there is something bit wrong in the code, especially for 9th slideri will check.

a lot of users need these parameters, so seems that i'll not remove it(or maybe create anew layout if your request will be supported by somebody)

theme files updated! MCP huge are returned! (the same as 8+ channels)
Old 05-23-2021, 02:25 PM   #228
Uncovered Pitch

Quote:
i'm sorry about instructions, i will add detailed description.

i'm happy that's last sliders works to you that's works to me just sometimes i guess that there is something bit wrong in the code, especially for 9th slideri will check.

a lot of users need these parameters, so seems that i'll not remove it(or maybe create anew layout if your request will be supported by somebody)

theme files updated! MCP huge are returned! (the same as 8+ channels)
No worries you did leave some clues that one of those famous TV detectives like Colombo or Kojak would have found but not me!

And yes completely removing those fields should be an optional layout, not a default for the whole theme. The reason I think it would be useful is to minimise the amount of information you have to take in during mixing: in a big mix that would be 100+ instances of those record and MIDI input fields that you only really need during recording/production.

And thanks for bringing back the MCP Huge layout. This is very welcome because plug-in names aren't shortened and embedded meters like oscilloscopes and spectrographs are easier to read. If I need to see more tracks towards the end of the mix I can go into the Advanced UI Tweaks menu in the Preferences and scale most of the UI down.
Old 05-24-2021, 01:50 AM   #229
mozart999uk

This is probably a really silly question but is there a way to move on to V2 of the theme but keep the tweaks I made to version 1?
Old 05-24-2021, 02:07 AM   #230
gapalil001

Quote:
This is probably a really silly question but is there a way to move on to V2 of the theme but keep the tweaks I made to version 1?
if you mean theme tweak/configuration window, yes. you can do it.

you need to unpack the theme and browse data folder from archive of the new theme to your tweaked .reapertheme file. (browse button at the bottom)

but please note, that there is a whole new soften color scheme in V2, so old tweaks mean that you will downgrade to old colors. so i would recommend to tweak important things again to keep new colors.
Old 05-24-2021, 02:23 AM   #231
vanhaze

Just installed V2 Dark, awesome look !

However, the Item name of an unselected Item is quite unreadable for me:
It looks like the color of the Item name font (grey-ish) is about the same as the color
of the label background (also grey-ish), so there is not much contrast between the 2.

Can i somehow fix this myself ?

Many thanks for this great Theme update !
Old 05-24-2021, 02:45 AM   #232
gapalil001

Quote:
Just installed V2 Dark, awesome look !

However, the Item name of an unselected Item is quite unreadable for me:
It looks like the color of the Item name font (grey-ish) is about the same as the color
of the label background (also grey-ish), so there is not much contrast between the 2.

Can i somehow fix this myself ?

Many thanks for this great Theme update !
all looks fine to me, can you please make some screenshots?
Old 05-24-2021, 02:47 AM   #233
mozart999uk

Quote:
if you mean theme tweak/configuration window, yes. you can do it.

you need to unpack the theme and browse data folder from archive of the new theme to your tweaked .reapertheme file. (browse button at the bottom)

but please note, that there is a whole new soften color scheme in V2, so old tweaks mean that you will downgrade to old colors. so i would recommend to tweak important things again to keep new colors.
Thanks I'll give it a try and see how I get on :-)
Old 05-24-2021, 02:52 AM   #234
vanhaze

Quote:
all looks fine to me, can you please make some screenshots?
Here you go !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot.jpg (12.2 KB, 115 views)
Old 05-24-2021, 03:32 AM   #235
gapalil001

Quote:
Here you go !
i see, thank you! my theme is created mainly to use labels above the items you can see at the screenshots. try to enable it - go to preferences > media and enable checmark "draw labels above item"
if you don't like it, you can go to theme tweak/configuration window and sets new colors for media item backgrounds (include selected) that's will be opposite to font colors. i will update the theme next week and i'll tweak this mode.
thank you!
Old 05-24-2021, 03:43 AM   #236
mozart999uk

How do you get the width control to show up in the TCP?
Old 05-24-2021, 03:49 AM   #237
gapalil001

Quote:
How do you get the width control to show up in the TCP?
in V2 theme pan modes works properly as it must. it's didn't before because i am a bit stupid just switch pan mode to "stereo pan" you can switch it per track (right click to pan slider/knob) or in project settings (and save as default)

you can see more info here:
https://youtu.be/13uY9H64v2Y
Old 05-24-2021, 03:55 AM   #238
mozart999uk

Quote:
in V2 theme pan modes works properly as it must. it's didn't before because i am a bit stupid just switch pan mode to "stereo pan" you can switch it per track (right click to pan slider/knob) or in project settings (and save as default)

you can see more info here:
https://youtu.be/13uY9H64v2Y
Ah ok :-)

Brilliant. Thanks. :-) V2 is nice!
Old 05-26-2021, 06:27 PM   #239
cjewellstudios

Hey there!

As always, this theme is incredible

Noticed a bug (or at least I assume it's a bug, other themes don't have this issue)

See attached pic but there is a line through the values of generic UI making it unreadable.

Last edited by cjewellstudios; 12-29-2021 at 07:18 PM.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 01:13 AM   #240
mozart999uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
Hey there!

As always, this theme is incredible

Noticed a bug (or at least I assume it's a bug, other themes don't have this issue)

See attached pic but there is a line through the values of generic UI making it unreadable.
Sorry OT briefly. Great video you did on Smartknobs!!

Back to the theme, yep that happens here too :-)