Old 01-11-2020, 10:02 PM   #1
shannonsmith
Human being with feelings

Default NI Komplete Kontrol 561 MK2 Keyboard

Hi folks,
I have just gotten Komplete Kontrol 56 MK2 Keyboard and I've yet to be able to use it in Reaper (also just got the Komplete 12 Ultimate COllector's Edition VST set). Never used Reaper before or any DAW for that matter....

I have performed these set up actions so far:
1. Update the Komplete Kontrol device drivers
2. Reaper/ Options/ Preferences/ Midi Devices:
Komplete Kontrol - 1 = "enabled + control"
komplete kontrol DAW - 1 = "disabled"
komplete kontrol EXT - 1 = "disabled"
3. Reaper / Options/ Preferences/ Control-OSC-web.... I've added a "mackie control device" and set the "mackie control universal" MIDI input and MIDI output to Komplete kontrol DAW - 1.
4. Options/ Preferences/ Audio/ Device/ Audio Device Settings.....Audio systems = ASIO; ASIO Driver = Focusrite USB ASIO.
5. Computer Sound output = Focusrite USB; input devices = Focusrite USB

But when I double click in Reaper to add a track- I do not have the "track input selector" where all the videos I've seen show to choose "input midi".
ALSO....When I manage to add a track with VST- i can see the data dots of what i'm playing in the track but there is NO SOUND for some tracks. Other tracks have sound but ALSO some stupid sounding cheap synth playing at the same time.

ATTACHED ARE SCREEN SHOTS

Questions please:
1. Do I have all the settings set up right?
2. Why do I not have the "track input selector" in a new track in reaper?
3. When I have a new track with VST for Komplete 12's Kontakt (or any) - I can see the data blips visually on the track but I can't hear anything. I can hear youtube or other noises but not playing on the tracks.
4. any other advice on setting up the Kontrol Keyboard and Kontrol VST is appreciated.
5. how to get rid of the cheap sounding synth playing at the same time i play other instruments like strings

Thanks much!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MidiPreferences-jpg.jpg (61.5 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg MackieControlUniversal-jpg.jpg (57.9 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg NO-trackinputselector.jpg (28.9 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg audiodevice.jpg (53.0 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by shannonsmith; 01-12-2020 at 08:11 PM. Reason: added more
shannonsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 05:04 PM   #2
shannonsmith

Default Why do I not have the "track input selector" in a new track in reaper?

....the emphasize- the biggest issue seems to be Why do I not have the "track input selector" in a new track in reaper? Every video I see or tutorial lists this function on a new track but i can't figure out why i'm missing it.
Old 01-13-2020, 05:04 AM   #3
Stroudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonsmith View Post
....the emphasize- the biggest issue seems to be Why do I not have the "track input selector" in a new track in reaper? Every video I see or tutorial lists this function on a new track but i can't figure out why i'm missing it.
It's probably because there isn't room. You can pull the edge handle to the right of the tracklist to widen it. The Input selector should show. HOWEVER... I've hidden it in my setup anyway - you don't need it. Simply right click on the record arm button on the track - see image

BTW - this kinda question is better placed in the main forum. You'll get more help there.

Good luck
Stroudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 07:42 PM   #4
shannonsmith

Default thanks

Thanks. i have a large screen and I've made it wider where there is ton of space....just doesn't show up but thanks for the tips- appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroudy View Post
It's probably because there isn't room. You can pull the edge handle to the right of the tracklist to widen it. The Input selector should show. HOWEVER... I've hidden it in my setup anyway - you don't need it. Simply right click on the record arm button on the track - see image

BTW - this kinda question is better placed in the main forum. You'll get more help there.

Good luck