Old 06-12-2018, 04:32 PM   #1
smueske
Human being with feelings

Default Nothing

...nothing.

Last edited by smueske; 06-20-2018 at 01:55 PM.
smueske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 11:41 AM   #2
smueske

So my questions are:

1.) Is this too short? I do occasionally create shorter pieces, but they should still feel complete. If not, then this piece needs more development.

2.) Is the drum programming too minimal?

Last edited by smueske; 06-15-2018 at 12:06 PM.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:28 PM   #3
RDBOIS
Banned

Well.

I really don't know where you trying to go with this... Is it purely experimental?

As far as the music goes, I do find it rather minimalist. It invokes sentiments which would occur if I was, say, watching a sci-fi mystery type of movie.

The transition is rather odd, but hey what do I know about proper experimental minimal electronica VS improper.

RDBOIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 12:45 PM   #4
smueske

Which transition, the modulated mode change midway through or the segue to the outro?
Old 06-16-2018, 12:13 AM   #5
RDBOIS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smueske View Post
Which transition, the modulated mode change midway through or the segue to the outro?
midway
RDBOIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 04:57 PM   #6
studio1602

Hey smueske, I've listened to this a few times now, and I find it a charming miniature. In my opinion, it is quite complete; neither too short nor too minimal, it has everything it needs, and nothing more.

Where can I hear the other pieces in the series?
studio1602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 06:46 AM   #7
mschuster

Enjoyed this quite a bit! In response to your questions, no I didn't feel this was too short. I felt a definite sense of closure at the end. In fact, I liked the ending quite a bit. As for the drum programming, I think it works for this piece.

Whenever I listen to your music, parts of my musical brain that haven't been "lit" up in a while always seem to come alive! lol... That's a good thing - and a reminder for me to always challenge the four walls that seem to define me as a musician.

Thanks for sharing this!
mschuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 12:34 PM   #8
smueske

Quote:
Originally Posted by studio1602 View Post
Hey smueske, I've listened to this a few times now, and I find it a charming miniature. In my opinion, it is quite complete; neither too short nor too minimal, it has everything it needs, and nothing more.

Where can I hear the other pieces in the series?
Thank you very much! I will probably release these on an EP at some point. If you are genuinely interested, send me a PM, and I'll upload them and send you a link. I took them down after mastering them.
Old 06-17-2018, 12:37 PM   #9
smueske

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschuster View Post
Enjoyed this quite a bit! In response to your questions, no I didn't feel this was too short. I felt a definite sense of closure at the end. In fact, I liked the ending quite a bit. As for the drum programming, I think it works for this piece.

Whenever I listen to your music, parts of my musical brain that haven't been "lit" up in a while always seem to come alive! lol... That's a good thing - and a reminder for me to always challenge the four walls that seem to define me as a musician.

Thanks for sharing this!
Thank you for listening! This means a lot to me because I love your rock pieces.

Hope you have a great day.
Old 06-17-2018, 12:42 PM   #10
smueske

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDBOIS View Post
Well.

I really don't know where you trying to go with this... Is it purely experimental?

As far as the music goes, I do find it rather minimalist. It invokes sentiments which would occur if I was, say, watching a sci-fi mystery type of movie.

The transition is rather odd, but hey what do I know about proper experimental minimal electronica VS improper.

I realized, I never really answered this.

Thank you for commenting and for pointing out was doesn't work for you. I don't know about "purely experimental." There's stuff much more progressive or avant garde. I only mean that I work from a sense of bewilderment or confusion and try to work my way forward from there. It defines the form and sound organically. I use the term loosely, and I guess I mean just a mindset.