Old 04-24-2020, 07:01 AM   #1
Jan Flikweert
Human being with feelings

Default En/Dis able VST instrument trough midi track

Hi,

I have several tracks with plugins for several instruments. Wich command is needed to en/disable instruments.

I added for each instrument of that plugin track(10) a midi track(154). How to send a command to toggle this instrument.

Kind regards,

Jan Flikweert
Jan Flikweert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 09:40 AM   #2
Jan Flikweert

Hi,

I tried the next thing:
RPR_Main_OnCommand(64, 0)
RPR_Main_OnCommand(64, 1)

This should bypass the fx of track nr 6 channel 1+2

But it seems not to work.

To be clear: Track 06 is the track containing the plugin with instruments: 1 instance of the plugin and 16 channels, 16 instruments at this instance.

That differs a little bit from my previous post: For each of the 16 instruments I have a midi channel.

When I can modify each instrument directly in Track 06(containing the plugin) I do not need the midi tracks. For the other input from my external midi device I have for each manual a seperate track.

Kind regards,

Jan Flikweert
Old 04-24-2020, 11:56 AM   #3
Jan Flikweert

Hi,

I have tried the next with prefix RPR_,reaper or without prefix, but it will not work:

local function Main(a)
tr = reaper.GetTrack(0,a)
reaper.SetMediaTrackInfo_Value(tr,"B_MUTE",0)
end

GUI.New("Button1", "Button", {
z = 11,
x = 112,
y = 64,
w = 48,
h = 24,
a=1,
caption = "Button1",
font = 3,
col_txt = "black",
col_fill = "elm_frame",
command=Main(17)
})

What's wrong?

Kind regards

Jan Flikweert
Old 04-24-2020, 10:01 PM   #4
Jan Flikweert

Hi all,

I used a other solution. I use an other worakourond. But the main question is still the same:

Wich reaper command is needed to bypass one FX channel, one instrument of a track wich contains VSTi plugin where every instance of that plugin has 16 channels and according 16 instruments

Kind regards,

Jan Flikweert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Flikweert View Post
Hi,

I have tried the next with prefix RPR_,reaper or without prefix, but it will not work:

local function Main(a)
tr = reaper.GetTrack(0,a)
reaper.SetMediaTrackInfo_Value(tr,"B_MUTE",0)
end

GUI.New("Button1", "Button", {
z = 11,
x = 112,
y = 64,
w = 48,
h = 24,
a=1,
caption = "Button1",
font = 3,
col_txt = "black",
col_fill = "elm_frame",
command=Main(17)
})

What's wrong?

Kind regards

Jan Flikweert
Old 04-24-2020, 11:50 PM   #5
mpl

Using random pieces of code meaning of which you don`t understand is worst way to learn ReaScript. Fistly, learn how to explain what you need. Single sentense example:
Quote:
Wich reaper command is needed to bypass one FX channel, one instrument of a track wich contains VSTi plugin where every instance of that plugin has 16 channels and according 16 instruments
Then:
Quote:
bypass one FX channel
what is FX channel? Bypass all FX on track? Which track? Bypass left channel? Bypass plugin? Which one?
Quote:
one instrument of a track wich contains VSTi plugin
so again effect plugin or instrument? Which track? Selected? Under mouse pointer? Defined by name, by ID? Multiple tracks?
Quote:
plugin where every instance of that plugin has 16 channels and according 16 instruments
Ok like Kontakt? So you need to bypass instance of some of that plugins or some channel on some of that plugins? Or whatever you mean...

Your 1 question, 20 questions further. So firstly learn how to explain what you have and what you need in as most details as you can.
Old 04-25-2020, 12:11 AM   #6
Jan Flikweert

Hi MPL,

Thanks for your reply.

You are right.

At this moment I found a solution from lokasenna. I am testing that. I also look at your point: left/right channel.

You point to my weakness: try and error. As stated, you are right.

Kind regards,

Jan Flikweert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
Using random pieces of code meaning of which you don`t understand is worst way to learn ReaScript. Fistly, learn how to explain what you need. Single sentense example:

Then:

what is FX channel? Bypass all FX on track? Which track? Bypass left channel? Bypass plugin? Which one?

so again effect plugin or instrument? Which track? Selected? Under mouse pointer? Defined by name, by ID? Multiple tracks?

Ok like Kontakt? So you need to bypass instance of some of that plugins or some channel on some of that plugins? Or whatever you mean...

Your 1 question, 20 questions further. So firstly learn how to explain what you have and what you need in as most details as you can.
Old 04-26-2020, 11:01 PM   #7
Jan Flikweert

Hi,

I found a way to express my question.

First: reaper.TrackFX_SetEnabled( tr, s, not state ) seems not to be the solution.

I want to toggle on/of one instrument from the list in picture "Fantasia".
Fantasia is the GUI of the vsti plugin Linuxsampler:
Attachment 1

This screen fantasia is the(fx: track, source) source for next picture "fx_vsti":

Attachment 2

I hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Jan Flikweert
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post

Then:

Attached Images
File Type: gif fx_vsti.gif (17.6 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by Jan Flikweert; 04-26-2020 at 11:59 PM.