Old 12-08-2016, 10:50 PM   #1
mschnell
Human being with feelings

Default "Reverse Learn" or something ...

I intend to buy a controller that features motor Faders (Behringer XTouch mini).

I intend to use it for live playing, to control the parameters of several VSTi plugins.

Now such plugins can modify the VST parameters on their own (e.g. by program change).

Such plugins (e.g. NI "Kontakt") might have Hundreds of silly named parameters.

How to find out which are changed by certain (internal) actions ? ("Reverse Leraning" a parameter change)

In a next step I need to find out how to send these changes to the Controller via Midi. But this is kind of standard setup and/or programming, so I suppose I'll be able to do that.

-Michael
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 06:34 AM   #2
Xenakios
Human being with feelings

Maybe that would work in a Reaper control surface extension by implementing the Extended() method to handle the CSURF_EXT_SETFXPARAM case? Another option might be to keep the plugin parameters in an internal cache, have a timer and in the timer callback check if the current plugin parameters differ from the cached ones. (Polling.)

edit : If the plugins don't send/cause visible parameter changes in the the host when some internal operation in the plugin changes the parameters, there probably isn't anything you can do.

Last edited by Xenakios; 12-09-2016 at 08:03 AM.
Xenakios is offline   Reply With Quote