Old 05-17-2020, 01:46 PM   #1
siniarch
Human being with feelings

Default iCON QCON EX G2 & SOLO button issue?

Hi Everyone,

I recently got the QCon Ex G2 unit (waiting for the main QCon G2 Pro unit in the mail). But under the latest REAPER, When I press the SOLO button, it does solo the track but the green light only blinks really quickly and does not remain ON? So function wise it works, but as far as visual feedback to know which tracks are soloed it does not.

Interestingly, if I engage the MUTE button on the same track, the green light goes ON immediately and remains on until I disengage the MUTE button. So, the controller does know the track is Soloed, but for some reason it doesn't show the light.

Has anyone had this problem before? How do I fix this?

Thank you.
siniarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 03:01 PM   #2
siniarch

Well, it looks like there are a few people working on some control surface integration protocols.
I found a few. There is the Klinke, one called Moss, and finally one called CSI.

The most powerful one is the CSI as it lets you integrate multiple controllers and change almost everything on them.

That's the one I installed and just selected the QCON controller and under that I just selected the MCUXT.mst (for surface) and MCUXT for Zone Folder. Which I supposed it's similar to the "Mackie Control Extender" settings that REAPER comes with, but this one allows for the SOLO button to stay lit.

It's more complicated that I have time to get into now, but I don't need it to be super customizable just yet. So I'm just installing and selecting the default.

You can read about it here:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Old 05-18-2020, 11:37 PM   #3
phillippeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by siniarch View Post
Hi Everyone,

I recently got the QCon Ex G2 unit (waiting for the main QCon G2 Pro unit in the mail). But under the latest REAPER, When I press the SOLO button, it does solo the track but the green light only blinks really quickly and does not remain ON? So function wise it works, but as far as visual feedback to know which tracks are soloed it does not.

Interestingly, if I engage the MUTE button on the same track, the green light goes ON immediately and remains on until I disengage the MUTE button. So, the controller does know the track is Soloed, but for some reason it doesn't show the light.

Has anyone had this problem before? How do I fix this?

Thank you.
I have exactly the same issue. Recently switched from the Pro X to the G2 as I wanted to reduce vertical space in my tiny studio and also prefer the soft buttons. The workaround for now is to use the DrivenbyMossforReaper plugin. It kind of works but there are discrepancies I'm trying to work through. Please let me know if you find a solid solution.

In the meantime, The author of the plugin is very active on the forum and will answer any questions promtly. I just hate being such a noob and feeling like I'm being needy or thick so I'm trying to figure it all out on my own!
Old 05-20-2020, 05:49 PM   #4
siniarch

Hi Phillippeo,
I just received my QConProG2 (before I only had the EX device) And I was using the CSI control protocol from the CSI project. ON the EX device it works well, but now that I have Pro G2 it doesn't map out well. Neither by picking Qcon Pro X nor by selecting MCU (regular version).

So I loaded up DrivenByMoss and it works better than with CSI. But as you said, there are things that are not working.

I'm going to keep experimenting with things, but I'm thinking the best method would be to use the CSI project and just get deep into programming it to be specific to the QconProG2 and the QconEXG2 units. But that I'm sure will take some time.

I'll keep you posted to see if I figure out a better way.