Old 03-23-2018, 11:17 AM   #1
Al Supero
Human being with feelings

Default Audio Item 'Mouse Modifier' Question

Hi guys,
In a nutshell, I want to change the default 'Doubleclick' behaviour for both Audio & Midi items with the Mouse modifiers...

there's an option there for:-
"MIDI: open in editor, subprojects: open project, Audio: Show media item properties"
ie double clicking a midi item opens the midi editor!
but it's the double clicking of 'audio' items which open the "media item properties" window which isn't particularly useful to me and it def' would be more beneficial to be able to assign another function to that eg zoom, split, stretch mark etc
Can I do this, whilst keeping the Midi item double click behaviour as is?
Is it something I've missed in the actions lists?

Apologies if similar has been posted before but couldn't seem to find any thing on subject.. and obviously many thanks to anyone who is able to help with this... I usually find all my reaper related queries within a few clicks on this excellent forum but alas... this one has got me stumped
Al Supero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 11:42 AM   #2
solger

Have a look at assigning this Script to a Mouse Modifier: Script: gen_Open media item (type relative).eel - available via ReaPack (do a search for 'Open media item' **).
If desired, you can edit the Audio_Action_ID value inside this script to a different Action Command ID.

** There's also another Script: gen_Open media item (source relative).lua which you can check out, as well.

Last edited by solger; 03-23-2018 at 12:06 PM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 01:22 PM   #3
Al Supero

Brilliant! That's exactly what I was looking for. I have Reapack installed but totally missed those scripts (easy to do) ;D
Thanks for your help Solger, much appreciated.
Al Supero is offline   Reply With Quote