Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 02-09-2007, 02:42 AM   #1
jussi
Human being with feelings

Default "Auto split and clear at zero-crossings?"

I dont know if someone's going to understand my request or if it is even possible but.. here goes

It would be nice if there was some automatic way to take care of the cutting of the little bit of the wave that comes after the last zero crossing point at the end of an item and maybe at the beggining of the one that follows too. The items would be kept at the same position but with those bits of audio cleared (silenced?) to keep it at zero instead of jumping and making the audio click & pop. Maybe this is a task for a Jesusonic plugin?

This would make easier the task of editing the beggining and the end of 954 items from a NINJAM session...which would end up as being 1908 edits :x
jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 02:59 AM   #2
sumpm1

Hey Jussi. Yeah this has been requested, and hopefully it will find its way into the options. If it does get implemented, I hope that it can be more graceful than Cubendo. In Steiny products, if you snap to zeroes, and you snap to grid, which is preferred, if you cut the object at the cursor, your new object will not fit the grid, it will be truncated a bit. So instead of actuall snapping the cursor physically to zero crossings, the cursor could still snap to grid, and edits, or splits could behave at the zero crossing. So a 1 measure selection, split, and the ends of the new item still line up to the grid, but any audio after the zero crossing will be silent to prevent pops.

A picture would be nice, as soon as I can get Cubase to stop crashing, I'll post a pic.
sumpm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 03:09 AM   #3
jussi

Iam sure Reaper will fix those crashes :P
Old 02-09-2007, 04:15 AM   #4
sumpm1

Okay, sorry for all of the arrows, just trying to make a point. When the new split object is looped, since the DAW did the liberty of NOT cutting where the cursor was, my objects are not ONE bar, per the grid, the loop goes WAY out of sync. The quick solution to this is to silence anything after zero crossing, instead of truly splitting at it.

[img]http://img244.**************/img244/8027/split12qj1.png[/img]
sumpm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 12:19 PM   #5
jussi

Yep, that was my point with the added bit of silence..to keep the same lenght of the audio item