Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Music/Collaboration Discussion

Old 04-18-2013, 06:09 AM   #1
Thrashelot
Human being with feelings

Default Densofukk: Eat the Suck (grind/thrash/punk EP) NSFW

Hello all!
I have finished a new EP. The band is called Densofukk and the EP is Eat the Suck. It is a mixture of sloppy grindcore, punk and speed/thrash metal (+some other stuff here and there). You might have already noticed that it doesn't seem to be a serious project and that is true. This was like a relaxing project between the more serious ones.

I recorded some semi improvised drum tracks with a hand recorder device and imported the files in Reaper. I then recorded all the guitars, basses and vocals. The guitars and bass are DI and I used Simulanalog Guitar Suite and some other effects for them. Most of the processing like EQ/reverb/compression etc. was done by using Reaper's own plugins.

The EP has 18 songs and the running time is approximately 13 minutes. Yes there's few of those under 10 second songs too.

There's lots of cursing and other nasty stuff in the lyrics so beware if you're not into that kind of poetry.

http://densofukk.bandcamp.com

The whole thing is free if you happen to want to download the EP.
I think that the EP turned out pretty good anyway, but anyone can of course tell their opinion.
If you have anything to comment just bring it on.

Cheers!
Thrashelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:57 AM   #2
bluszcz

Hey, it was years since I listened my last grind records, but this one is really nice First track has some elements which I would call 'melodic grind wtf??'

Nice job! Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashelot View Post
Hello all!
I have finished a new EP. The band is called Densofukk and the EP is Eat the Suck.
I think that the EP turned out pretty good anyway, but anyone can of course tell their opinion.
If you have anything to comment just bring it on.

Cheers!
Old 04-19-2013, 12:33 AM   #3
Thrashelot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluszcz View Post
Hey, it was years since I listened my last grind records, but this one is really nice First track has some elements which I would call 'melodic grind wtf??'

Nice job! Cheers!
Thanks for your comment. Yeah, my stuff is not really 100% grind and of course I listen to a lot of traditional metal with proper melodies and stuff so I have my influences from that field too.
Melodic grind is sure a nice description though.

Cheers!
Thrashelot is offline   Reply With Quote