Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 04-06-2020, 07:46 PM   #1
Human being with feelings

Default Rendering Files to APFS volume with backslash \ in the volume name (Mac)

Hello!
I seem to be experiencing a bug where I am unable to render to one of my volumes because it has a backslash in its name and that backslash is omitted from the render path. (Interestingly, I am able to save sessions and record audio to this volume, so far only rendering seems to fail.)

I have two volumes on my internal drive (APFS, Catalina). The system volume is named C;\ and the other one is D;\ It's sort of silly, but it's the way I prefer my volumes named. I don't have any trouble rendering to C;\ because it's the system drive, so it doesn't use the full path name, but the relative paths (/Users/User1/etc. etc.)

When rendering a video file, it goes through the whole render and at the very end an error pops up saying: Error Cannot create file. (I still get a notification in the Notification Center about Reaper render complete). When trying to render any kind of audio file it fails right away saying: "error opening /Volumes/D;/Reaper Projects/Project Name/ etc. [Notice how the \ is not present in that path.] It also says: "The target drive/path does not exist, is unavailable, or is in use."

If I rename the volume to something else, everything works fine. If it comes down to it, I can rename my volume (or just set a default render path to the volume that works) but I would prefer to keep my naming convention if at all possible.

Thanks!
Sticky is offline   Reply With Quote