Old 01-14-2013, 05:00 PM   #1121
Anton9
Human being with feelings

Good catch Jeffos.., I had also tested to see if it was a REAPER bug, but I was testing sending messages to "/track/1/fx/1/fxparam/5/value" which worked just fine. I did'nt think of sending messages to REAPER actions.., this info should help the devs find the cause at little easier. I'll go ahead and write up the BR.

Update:
Ok I wrote up a BR and posted it in the Issue Tracker here http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=4589 ..., maybe when you have a moment you can set the status to confirmed.

Thanks!

Last edited by Anton9; 01-14-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Anton9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:50 PM   #1122
EpicSounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSounds View Post
I had a bunch of crashes today with sws snapshots whenever I'd import tracks that had Waves Rvox.

OSX Lion, latest release versions of sws and reaper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffos View Post
sorry for the trouble.. are you sure this not the Waves plugin crashing?
you can see this in crash reports (how to by Ollie here: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=36653), or post the crash dump here, in doubt (this is the best way to help us BTW)
EDIT: an example project (just the .RPP file) with "faulty" Rvox snapshots would help too.

The snapshots function is amazing but this week it's been so frustrating. I've had maybe 25 crashes when importing just a few tracks.

Here's one of the crash logs (full)
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1053122/tem...s_snapshot.txt

Here's one of the snapshots I'm trying to import to a session that already has tracks in it, seems to work fine into a blank session.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1053122/tem...20snapshot.txt

From that snapshot, merging the kick, snare and vocal tracks cause an immediate crash.

edit - making the fx offline is getting me through the snapshot import.

Last edited by EpicSounds; 01-14-2013 at 06:01 PM.
EpicSounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:53 PM   #1123
sws
Code Monkey

EpicSounds, thanks for the bug report, the crash log and the example snapshot really made all the difference here in figuring this (tricky) bug out.

I've uploaded a new beta 2.3.0.11, would you please give it a try? I fixed one crash possibility, it's possible there's more.

Thanks,
Tim
sws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:58 AM   #1124
EpicSounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws View Post
EpicSounds, thanks for the bug report, the crash log and the example snapshot really made all the difference here in figuring this (tricky) bug out.

I've uploaded a new beta 2.3.0.11, would you please give it a try? I fixed one crash possibility, it's possible there's more.

Thanks,
Tim
Did a quick test and I'm happy!
Thanks for the quick bug fix.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #1125
CaptainHook

I was just having this same problem (not waves rvox but other waves plugs) with snapshots today and the latest beta 2.3.0.11 fixed it!!

Thanks guys!!!!

Could also make a suggestion for snapshots? I find it dangerous that SINGLE clicking a snapshot will load that snapshot. Could it just be double click to load?
I quite often *want* to single click an item before right clicking it, and on doing so mistakingly load the snapshot and cry as i watch the mix get changed. Haha.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:45 PM   #1126
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHook View Post
I was just having this same problem (not waves rvox but other waves plugs) with snapshots today and the latest beta 2.3.0.11 fixed it!!

Thanks guys!!!!

Could also make a suggestion for snapshots? I find it dangerous that SINGLE clicking a snapshot will load that snapshot. Could it just be double click to load?
I quite often *want* to single click an item before right clicking it, and on doing so mistakingly load the snapshot and cry as i watch the mix get changed. Haha.
I wouldn't mind that too but as an option as on my touch screens it's nice to have single click but on my laptop it's not quite as good
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:50 PM   #1127
sws
Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHook View Post
Hehe, I thought about that before but isn't that what undo is for? Maybe I can sneak that in.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:24 AM   #1128
CaptainHook

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
I wouldn't mind that too but as an option as on my touch screens it's nice to have single click but on my laptop it's not quite as good
Fair enough.

Quote:
Hehe, I thought about that before but isn't that what undo is for? Maybe I can sneak that in.
That would be great if so!
Also i seem to have problems with snapshots if a track has volume automation.. when imported the volume just gets set to "0db" with no automation. I can understand why this is happening, but it seems odd that say my master fader that has a plugin with automation will have that automation carried over into a new session but not any volume automation.

My preference would be to disable any automation in the snapshot, and for tracks with volume automation have them come in at either their loudest points in the automation, or the lowest, rather than '0db'.

Or maybe all this is user error from me?
Old 01-28-2013, 02:42 AM   #1129
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Could it be a option though?
Old 01-28-2013, 02:28 PM   #1130
CaptainHook

Oh and polarity flip per channel doesn't seem to come over with Snapshots...?
Old 01-31-2013, 12:38 PM   #1131
Jeffos
Mortal

Default ReaConsole love

Some ReaConsole updates are coming soon (in the next beta release, so it will be v2.3.0 #13).
The ReaConsole window will be dockable + better way to create console command actions + new commands 'x' and '/' to add FX and send local OSC messages.
I am posting the fine details here because this would be too long for the whatsnew...

1) Create actions made of console commands directly in the Cycle Action editor

The Cycle Action editor features a new instruction "CONSOLE" to run ReaConsole commands:

The syntax is dead simple:
Code:
CONSOLE your_console_commad
Where your_console_commad is a standard console command, the syntax is described here: http://www.standingwaterstudios.com/reaconsole.php

In other words, to create your own console actions, you do not need to create/tweak a reaconsole_customcommands.txt file anymore!

Why is that useful?
  • Better action names, for example: a custom name "Select bass tracks" instead of "SWS: Run console command: s*bass*"
  • No more issues with action IDs (avoid broken macros, console actions are easier to share, etc..)
  • Simpler configuration (no file edition/re-start)
  • Benefit from other Cycle Actions' features: toggle state reporting, etc..
  • Indirectly fixes little issues on OSX
Note: although it is deprecated now, the reaconsole_customcommands.txt file still parsed for ascendant compatibility, of course!

Example: creating a custom action "Add ReaComp to selected tracks"

^^ Note: 'x' is a brand new console command, see below!

2) New command 'x' to add track FX

Examples:
Code:
x reacomp
=> will add ReaComp on all selected tracks (this is the example we used just above)
Code:
xbass* reaeq
=> will add ReaEQ on tracks starting with the text "bass"

3) New command '/' to send local OSC messages (as if they were sent by a device on the network)

Longer console commands.. but this opens a bunch of doors: receives, sends, FX parameters, FX presets, etc..

Examples:
Code:
/track/1/fx/1/preset MyPreset
=> will switch the FX preset of the 1st FX of track #1 to MyPreset
Code:
/track/1/fx/1/preset "My Preset"
=> same as above but it uses quotes since the preset name contains a space character
Code:
/track/1/fx/1,2/fxparam/1,1/value 0.25 0.5
=> multiple arguments here: it sets both 1st parameters of FX #1 and FX #2 of track #1 to 0.25 and 0.5, respectively

Notes:
  • OSC messages will be matched against the default OSC layout/pattern (i.e. the file default.ReaperOSC, see REAPER's OSC documentation)
  • Although you do not need to add any controle surface in the preferences, this feature is only supported if control surface support was enabled when installing REAPER
  • Only OSC messages with string and float parameters are supported ATM
    (it should be enough though..)

4) The console window is now modeless, dockable, resizable, etc..

This introduces a little functionnal change though, I had to invert the 2 following key shorcuts for things to make sense with docking:
  • The ENTER key runs a command but keeps the console window open
  • CTRL+ENTER (CMD+ENTER on OSX) will close the console window after running a command

_____

As usual, feedback, questions and reports are welcome!

Last edited by Jeffos; 09-30-2013 at 04:01 AM.
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:14 PM   #1132
Reno.thestraws

It will be completly change the rules... :-)

Thanks guys! You're awesome...

Console action for insert plugs! Love!
Old 01-31-2013, 04:50 PM   #1133
musicbynumbers

Amazing Guys!
Old 01-31-2013, 09:21 PM   #1134
Mercado_Negro

ReaConsole gets some serious attention, yeah!

Thanks, Jeff! This is the first time in many many months that I feel excited about something in REAPER... yay! You guys rock...
Old 01-31-2013, 09:48 PM   #1135
semiquaver

holy fricking krap ! yes ! THAT is a feature
semiquaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:45 AM   #1136
Anton9

Jeffos,

The new ReaConsole stuff sounds awesome, especially being able to execute OSC commands locally.

One thing that comes to mind that would be really useful is a preset system for custom ReaConsole actions. Maybe it could be incorporated into the Resources dialog? We could store and execute ReaConsole actions via slots.
This would be a major workflow imporvement, it would cut down on typing and have the added bonus of being able to execute the commands via Shortcut keys/MIDI/OSC.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:42 AM   #1137
Argle

Is there any documentation that goes into depth about the cycle action editor? There's a page on the Reaper wiki but it's pretty vague. The SWS manual doesn't seem to have any mention of it at all.
Argle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:13 AM   #1138
Anton9

Jeffos,

Thank you for the update.., the local sending of OSC messages kicks ASS!
In combination with the Cycle Action editor we can setup multiple "toggle" states for fx parameters.

One thing I was hoping would be possible, but it does'nt appear to be, is something like this;

LOOP 5
CONSOLE /track/1/fx/1/fxparam/1/value 0.5
CONSOLE /track/1/fx/1/fxparam/1/value 1.0
ENDLOOP

2010 is the action: "Wait 1 second before next action"..., it looks like "Wait" actions don't work inside of Cycle Actions.
Is there anything you can do to fix this so my example will work?
This would be so awesome as it would allow all kinds of sequenced OSC commands.

I also tried the following.., it works, however the loop does'nt work.

LOOP 5
_SWS_BARWAIT
ENDLOOP

Last edited by Anton9; 02-03-2013 at 02:23 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:23 AM   #1139
Mercado_Negro

Just tried the latest beta build... Tried to dock the console at the top but it takes too much vertical space :-( do you think it can be improved, Jeff? Thanks again, man, I've been waiting for this day for a long time and you made it possible :-) ReaConsole FTW!
Old 02-03-2013, 05:24 AM   #1140
Coachz

can reaconsole be fixed so the position of commands in the text file doesn't matter. currently if I delete a command, all the following commands get hosed.
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #1141
Jeffos
Mortal

Thank you all for the feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argle View Post
Is there any documentation that goes into depth about the cycle action editor? There's a page on the Reaper wiki but it's pretty vague. The SWS manual doesn't seem to have any mention of it at all.
Yes, no thread + that wiki is well outdated now (this should be updated ) but it's pretty simple.
If a setp-by-setp example can help, there's one here: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=786961 (<- a bit old too.. if you are on OSX don't get fooled), or if you have any question do not hesitate (may be in the main sws thread?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro
Just tried the latest beta build...
Tried to dock the console at the top but it takes too much vertical space :-( do you think it can be improved, Jeff?
Thanks again, man, I've been waiting for this day for a long time and you made it possible :-) ReaConsole FTW!
Sure, good call MN!
This will be improved in the next build (well, just reduced the min height.. may be we'll better reorganize the window according to its size at some point)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz
can reaconsole be fixed so the position of commands in the text file doesn't matter. currently if I delete a command, all the following commands get hosed.
!?? haha! Please, read what's new about ReaConsole in my previous post (you do not need a text file anymore, and that's another good reason for that!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton9
One thing I was hoping would be possible, but it does'nt appear to be, is something like this;

LOOP 5
ENDLOOP
This cannot work: native actions like "Wait x seconds before next action" should be named "Wait ~ x seconds before next action (only valid within custom actions)"
(in other words, calling these actions in C or ReaScript miserably fail)

So if you want to make this work, you have to create a weird macro like "my_wait_for_1s":
Code:
2010   // wait for 1s
65535  // no-op do nothing
.. and then useit your cycle action would look like:

LOOP 5
_cutomId_of_my_wait_for_1s
ENDLOOP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton9
I also tried the following.., it works, however the loop does'nt work.

LOOP 5
_SWS_BARWAIT
ENDLOOP
OMG! O M G! But who's gonna stop this guy! ha haha!
(I'm sure you already know _SWS_BARWAIT is not sample accurate but) cycle actions need to be reworked a bit too for this type of use. I'll radically improve the timing soon, but this won't be sample accurate either -> "~ next bar"

about your example: it does work.. but you won't be able to see any result!
Try this:

LOOP 5
_SWS_BARWAIT
_SWS_BARWAIT
ENDLOOP

Last edited by Jeffos; 02-04-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:06 PM   #1142
Mercado_Negro

Quote:
Sure, good call MN!
This will be improved in the next build (well, just reduced the min height.. may be we'll better reorganize the window according to its size at some point)
Thanks! Maybe full vertical resize for now: no "enter a command..." text at all, just the input field is necessary to be honest
Old 02-05-2013, 03:44 AM   #1143
Anton9

Jeffos,

Well it looks like this does'nt work either.

LOOP 5
ENDLOOP

What happens is it waits 5s then skips to "CONSOLE /track/1/fx/1/fxparam/1/value 1.0" and ends. I tried placing the custom wait macro in different positions within the loop of the cycle action and no matter where it's placed it always executes first..., oh-well.

Is there any way to break out of a cycle action that uses loops once it's running?
Say for example I execute the following and after a few loops I decide I want it to end.

LOOP 100
_SWS_BARWAIT
_SWS_BARWAIT
ENDLOOP

Thanks for all your help.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:51 AM   #1144
Jeffos
Mortal

Ok, first let me say Anton9 is doing "advanced" things here!

The basic idea behind the recent ReaConsole updates was more likely to let you create your own custom actions like "Select drum tracks", "Select guitar tracks", "Add Kontakt to selected tracks", "Switch ReaEQ preset to '50Hz kicker'", etc.. Well, that kind of (basic) things..

.. but we can indeed do some mad professor stuff as well, and so here we go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton9 View Post
Jeffos,
Well it looks like this does'nt work either.

LOOP 5
ENDLOOP
Same prob in your cycle action again..
It does work (I tested) but you won't be able to see any results (because REAPER sets 0.5 and immediately after 1.0..)

Try this:
LOOP 5
ENDLOOP

Quote:
Is there any way to break out of a cycle action that uses loops once it's running?
Say for example I execute the following and after a few loops I decide I want it to end.

LOOP 100
_SWS_BARWAIT
_SWS_BARWAIT
ENDLOOP
Yes. It would be a job for ReaScript and a new WHILE instruction would be a bit better, but you can do this:
Code:
LOOP 100
    IF
    _S&M_DUMMY_TGL1
        _SWS_BARWAIT
        _SWS_BARWAIT
    ENDIF
ENDLOOP
^^ where _S&M_DUMMY_TGLn is the action "SWS/S&M: Dummy toggle n" (very specific => hidden by default => you have to enable it in the S&M.ini file).
So running this action will break the loop (somehow).
Of course: 1) make sure it is ON when performing the loop action 2) any other action (that reports a toggle state) can be used instead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
Thanks! Maybe full vertical resize for now: no "enter a command..." text at all, just the input field is necessary to be honest
Cool: that's exactly what we've done

Quote:
and then useit your cycle action would look like
Wow! haha! I hope native English speakers have appreciated

Last edited by Jeffos; 02-05-2013 at 06:03 AM. Reason: 0.5 and immediately after 1.0
Old 02-05-2013, 08:27 AM   #1145
Anton9

Quote:
It does work (I tested) but you won't be able to see any results (because REAPER sets 0.5 and immediately after 1.0..)
I guess it does work. I was only watching the "visual" output of the action and thought that because it was jumping to 1.0 before 0.5 that there must be a problem. Upon listening to playback while running the action it does indeed work.

Quote:
_S&M_DUMMY_TGLn is the action "SWS/S&M: Dummy toggle n" (very specific => hidden by default => you have to enable it in the S&M.ini file).
aaahhhh.., I was wondering what that could actually be used for.

Thank You
Old 02-05-2013, 09:27 AM   #1146
nofish

Quote:
The basic idea behind the recent ReaConsole updates was more likely to let you create your own custom actions like "Select drum tracks", "Select guitar tracks", "Add Kontakt to selected tracks", "Switch ReaEQ preset to '50Hz kicker'", etc.. Well, that kind of (basic) things..
This is totally great stuff (for me anyways).
To be honest I never used ReaConsole much until now because of the not so human-friendly syntax I had trouble remembering.
Thanks SWS team.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:30 AM   #1147
sws
Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
To be honest I never used ReaConsole much until now because of the not so human-friendly syntax I had trouble remembering.
Yeah, that's my fault. I wrote it to use the minimum amount of keystrokes possible, not to be friendly.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #1148
nofish

That wasn't meant as criticism at all if you've taken it as that.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:38 AM   #1149
nofish

Quote:
Code:
/track/1/fx/1,2/fxparam/1,1/value 0.25 0.5
=> multiple arguments here: it sets both 1st parameters of FX #1 and FX #2 of track #1 to 0.25 and 0.5, respectively
On playing around and testing it, I get this:

[img]http://img405.**************/img405/9122/swsconsole.png[/img]

bug ?
(Reaper 4,32, SWS 2.3.0 Build #13)

Last edited by nofish; 02-06-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:28 PM   #1150
Anton9

I can confirm nofish's bug. The consol can handle commas, but the Cycle Action Editor does not.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:48 PM   #1151
Anton9

Default Cycle Actions Editor Ideas

Hey Guys,

Just a few ideas for the Cycle Actions Editor here.

1) A "Comments" column.
2) Ability to color code the rows.

3) Copy and Paste options for the right-click menu in the Command pane.

"Paste New" would paste the copied commands to the end of the list or possibly paste under the currently selected command.
"Paste Replace" would replace currently selected command(s).

Thanks
Old 02-07-2013, 05:33 PM   #1152
foxAsteria

Ok, great stuff! But I can't create conditional cycle actions based on other cycle actions or sws toggle actions. I get this error:
"Warning: cycle action 'Cycle: Zoom Time Selection' (section 'Main') was not registered
Details: IF (or IF NOT) must be followed by an action that reports a toggle state"
Why are these toggle states not useable?

For instance, the action 'toggle horiz zoom time selection' sometime needs to be pressed twice to zoom because it had been in the zoomed toggle state since the last use (even though i'm now looking at another part of the project and technically I'm not zoomed anymore, though the state remains "on"). So there is no way to return it to the original state where the first action would be to zoom to the time selection and not the opposite. Perhaps the zoom actions should update their states to off whenever the view is zoomed or scrolled?

Sorry if this is not too clear. The is the reason I was requesting an action to reset the state of other toggling cycle actions. Is this still possible? In other words, I'm looking for a way to get certan conflicting toggling cycle actions back to the first step without cycling through the other steps on each keypress. I can't seem to do it because the cycle action editor does not recognize the toggle states of other sws toggle actions. But maybe I just don't understand this new functionality completely yet.

Also, is it necessary to use the ENDIF statement for every IF, or just when we need multiple IF's in one step?
Old 02-08-2013, 02:07 AM   #1153
Anton9

Could the ability to add local OSC commands to the reaconsole_customcommands.txt be added?

Thnak You
Old 02-12-2013, 02:39 AM   #1154
Reno.thestraws

Did I miss something?

Old 02-12-2013, 04:21 AM   #1155
Reno.thestraws

Default Another bug

We can use console command cycle action in other cycle actions

example:

I want to use a Click track (MIDI metronome on a track)

So I did a console cycle action containing CONSOLE S *METRONOME*

Now I want to make a cycle that toggle the visibility and the mute of the track "METRONOME"

I tried to make 2 custom action (one for each step of the cycle) in the regular macro editor of reaper. same problem -> if on of the custom action contain a console cycle, the cycle don't work
Old 02-12-2013, 05:46 AM   #1156
Subz

Fng groove to support stretch markers anyone?

Subz
Subz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #1157
Jeffos
Mortal

I mixed up some quotes here but both of you guys are talking about the same thing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
On playing around and testing it, I get this:

[img]http://img405.**************/img405/9122/swsconsole.png[/img]

bug ?
Yes. This indeed sucks for OSC messages with several arguments :/ Will look...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooFox View Post
Ok, great stuff! But I can't create conditional cycle actions based on other cycle actions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno.thestraws View Post
We can use console command cycle action in other cycle actions

example:

I want to use a Click track (MIDI metronome on a track)

So I did a console cycle action containing CONSOLE S *METRONOME*

Now I want to make a cycle that toggle the visibility and the mute of the track "METRONOME"

Yes, intentional limitation ATM.
.. but Cycle Actions made of other Cycle Actions will be possible soon

Quote:
I get this error:
"Warning: cycle action 'Cycle: Zoom Time Selection' (section 'Main') was not registered
Details: IF (or IF NOT) must be followed by an action that reports a toggle state"
Why are these toggle states not useable?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno.thestraws View Post
Did I miss something?

No issue here... Guys, don't get fooled by the word "Toggle" in action names!
In Reno's example, the native action "Toggle full channel metering" does not report any toggle state in fact: if you get this error message, and still don't believe it, you can make sure in the column "State" of the action list for ex.
Some "Toggle" actions have good reasons to not report a state but others don't. On top of my mind all those useful/basic per track actions (with IDs<1000 if I'm right) "Toggle arm/mute/solo track n"

Quote:
For instance, the action 'toggle horiz zoom time selection' sometime needs to be pressed twice to zoom because it had been in the zoomed toggle state since the last use (even though i'm now looking at another part of the project and technically I'm not zoomed anymore, though the state remains "on"). So there is no way to return it to the original state where the first action would be to zoom to the time selection and not the opposite. Perhaps the zoom actions should update their states to off whenever the view is zoomed or scrolled?
Yes, again, the "problem" here is the action itself, not cycle actions. The toggle state reported by the action "SWS: Toggle horizontal zoom to sel item(s) or time sel" is a bit fake.
To make it work like you wish it would have to ask REAPER "so what about zoom?" every second or so. We avoid that sort of thing (or if we do: optional), sorry.

Quote:
Sorry if this is not too clear. The is the reason I was requesting an action to reset the state of other toggling cycle actions. Is this still possible?
I'm sorry but as I said in the SWS tracker, I don't understand this FR, the way to handle a mix of inconsistent toggle states is explained here.
Of course, as discussed above, the other toggle states you are using should be reliable! PooFox, if it is not clear, do not hesitate to post the cycle action example, it might be easier.

That being said, I'm re-thinking...
Too complicated + since beta #9 cycle actions return real toggle states. I'm not sure it's a good idea anymore, I wonder if some users were not using fake ping-pong states to deal with things discussed above.
ATM, I'm thinking to add both options: fake (like < v2.3.0 #9) and real (like > v2.3.0 #9), via empty/filled bullets in the left list view of the editor (?)

If anybody has ideas about that OR remarks about the toggle state logic of Cycle Actions (which is the first relevant "sub toggle state" ATM. Reminder: up to you to make it reliable -if you want- with IF/IF NOT/ENDIF statements), feel free to post them, it's time!

Quote:
Also, is it necessary to use the ENDIF statement for every IF, or just when we need multiple IF's in one step?
Yes, you need an ENDIF statement for every IF

Quote:
Could the ability to add local OSC commands to the reaconsole_customcommands.txt be added?
Why would you need that Anton9?
As detailed here, the reaconsole_customcommands.txt thing is somehow deprecated now (just kept for ascendant compatibility)
They are plenty of good reasons to create your console command actions in the Cycle Action editor now
Old 02-12-2013, 06:41 PM   #1158
Anton9

Quote:
.. but Cycle Actions made of other Cycle Actions will be possible soon

Quote:
Why would you need that Anton9?
As detailed here, the reaconsole_customcommands.txt thing is somehow deprecated now (just kept for ascendant compatibility)
They are plenty of good reasons to create your console command actions in the Cycle Action editor now
It would be a lot faster for testing.., within the reaconsole_customcommands.txt I could input multiple OSC commands, rather then creating them one at a time in the Cyc-Action editor.

On another note:
There is one thing about cyc-Actions that I just noticed last night that has brought alot of my ideas to a screeching halt. Cyc-Actions that have loops can only be triggered one at a time. You have to wait until the end of the loop before executing another cyc-action. If you or Tim could find a solution to this it would be so awesome!

Thanks
Old 02-14-2013, 08:27 PM   #1159
foxAsteria

Quick question: how do I configure the action "sws: move cursor left configured seconds?"

Thanks
Old 02-14-2013, 08:46 PM   #1160
FnA

Looks like it's in nudges in command parameters.
FnA is offline   Reply With Quote