Old 04-18-2017, 08:42 AM   #1
relimbeck
Human being with feelings

Default Live Shows

Hi there everyone,

I want to configure Reaper to use in live performances. I have a motorized mixer that I plan to use, but here's the tricky part. I want to load my tracks in and out of the SAME mix. Basically, if I'm playing a room that needs a different mix than my studio, I want to be able to adjust a fader, and then KEEP THOSE FADER ADJUSTMENTS between song files without having to keep adjusting them every time I switch tracks. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

I know that I'd have to have the same number of tracks for all of my songs, which I plan to do. So I guess it'd be like replacing the AUDIO in one file with the AUDIO in another file, but not anything else. Same thing with reverb sends and effects and what not. Help anybody? I absolutely DO NOT want to mix the songs down...I want control of each individual instrument/background vocal on the gig. Also, I do NOT want to have all 80 or so of my songs in one file. I know that'd technically work, but I don't want to deal with selecting tracks or scrolling through banks on my mixer during the gig. Speaking from experience, that tends to get too tricky...on the gig I need something that can pull up a file and bam, there it is, with all tracks adjustable per file, without having to make the same room adjustment every time I switch.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!!

Ryan

Last edited by relimbeck; 04-18-2017 at 09:00 AM.
relimbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:12 PM   #2
cfillion

Have you tried the Monitoring FX chain? That affects all projects and persists across restarts.

Last edited by cfillion; 04-18-2017 at 12:23 PM.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:52 PM   #3
hopi

not precisely clear on your needs... will there be virtual instruments as well as audio tracks?

what exactly will you need to adjust on each track?

what will you be using to make those adjustments? the computer itself, or a remote or a midi controller? [for example]

how many audio tracks [roughly] per song...
Old 07-08-2023, 12:23 PM   #4
relimbeck

Default Found Good Solution

I realize I am 6 years late in replying here, but in case anyone else reads my OP I thought I'd quickly revisit to mention I've discovered a solution to this using an iPad and Touch OSC. Just as long as each song file is set up exactly the same way I can control volume, verb, and a 7-band EQ for each track all live from the iPad. Actually it's even better because now I can have someone do a bit of mixing for me from the crowd if needed.
relimbeck is offline   Reply With Quote