Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Music/Collaboration Discussion

Old 06-15-2019, 08:20 PM   #1
RDBOIS
Banned

Default ReaperForum Member - COLLABORATION SONG - December 2019

Greetings

I've been working on a song for a few weeks and have the main structure down.

This song had a plan, but I injured my back doing farm work, and I lost all motivation. Very hard to create in pain... The next few months I'll be in rehab at the gym, and TCB (taking care of business)

Got me thinking... I have listened to so many talented Reaper Forum members in the last few years, and know that many of you also have organization skills, so why not try to initiate a collaboration?

First things first the track is here - download link off GoogleDrive. I figure you gotta know if you like vibe of the song, or not, from the get go)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yCC...ew?usp=sharing

Here is what I'm thinking:

We will need everyone to collaborate, not a competition. It is not about who have the best idea, but how can we build the best song together. Communication, time, and ego-busting.

We need, at the minimum:

1) A team to mix and produce (make decisions together and get the song out)
2) Lyrics. Work together folks. Find a subject, melodies, etc.
3) People to sing; the main, backup, etc. I can help if needed.
4) A hell of a guitar solo!!! And this same guitar to chime in, here and out, to fill the gaps.
5) Anything else?

Ohhh I put a DECEMBER 2019 time line. Seems long enough, just enough for X-Mas time? LOL

I know what this collaboration may be impossible. But I figured it could be fun for some of you out there, who most likely already know each other, or not, to have a project to work on together.

Please know that I have nothing financial to gain from all this. It is not about money. It is about home studio people, students, creative people, coming together to do some darn good quality song making, fun, and friendship building.

Let's see what comes out of this

Last edited by RDBOIS; 06-15-2019 at 08:46 PM.
RDBOIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 12:51 PM   #2
BCF1
Human being with feelings

Decent idea, I'l certainly give it a listen later this evening. Speedy recovery to you sir.
BCF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 06:23 PM   #3
RDBOIS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCF1 View Post
Decent idea, I'l certainly give it a listen later this evening. Speedy recovery to you sir.
Anything you would contribute would be awesome. I have great respect for your work. And, might I add, I think this song needs some "kick ass grit", something I'm not very good at, but know you do very well.

Kick it up a notch brother! hehehehe
RDBOIS is offline   Reply With Quote