Old 11-07-2013, 05:53 PM   #401
Faderjockey
Human being with feelings

hope mine problem gets fixed soon..haven't been able to use it anymore now.
Faderjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:57 AM   #402
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faderjockey View Post
hope mine problem gets fixed soon..haven't been able to use it anymore now.
I decided to switch to Juce2 first, because this should fix my problems with the Debug-Build of the 64bit version. After this is done, the first task will be a fix of the undo crash in the 64bit version (I'm still surprised that nobody else has chimed in and reported this problem too).
Klinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #403
Faderjockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinke View Post
I decided to switch to Juce2 first, because this should fix my problems with the Debug-Build of the 64bit version. After this is done, the first task will be a fix of the undo crash in the 64bit version (I'm still surprised that nobody else has chimed in and reported this problem too).
Thank you.. That is weird no one else has mentioned it
Old 11-21-2013, 06:34 AM   #404
flipotto

Quote:
I have found some time now, to check your LED problems, but can not reproduce those with my Mackie Control, everything works like expected here.

One Remarks: With LED below the VPOT, I actual mean the small red LED that is in the south of the VPOT LED ring.

And regardings the REC button LED: What is happening when you press and hold the SHIFT or OPTION button on the Mackie Control and then a REC button. Is the LED state of the REC button still the same afterwards? Has the Monitor/Rec Mode Status changed in Reaper?

Best,
Klinke
Hey sorry it took so long for me to get back, my studio computer has intermittent internet.

Thanks for clarification on the vpot led ring at the bottom. I see it now. I did not see it when I did not have folders, it was there yesterday. Cool!
I can't tell you how great this feature is, I had abandoned folders for cue busses, but this is much better, just dive down into the folders. WOW!
Folders along with sends to monitor mixes! Wow - I can nest monitor mixes in a folder - dive in to give individual monitor mixes from receives - quickly and easily. Absolutely fabulous!
I have not even gotten into fx control.
Thank you, thank you!

I wish to donate - is the link alive?

Klinke you have done excellent work!

Rec button LED: I see a change in the state of Reaper - Rec button (on mackie) unchanged. SOLO button appears unchanged. I will confirm that the next time I am at the Mackie - what it is doing and what it's not doing.
flipotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:36 AM   #405
flipotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem Beats View Post
It's actually the "REC" LED, not the "SOLO" LED. Dunno whether that was your typo, or a typo in the manual, or a change somewhere along the way that didn't get updated.

Also, it works only on record-armed tracks. If a track is not record-armed prior to holding "Shift" or "Option", nothing will light up (or rather, nothing will *remain* lit, since it has to be record-armed in the first place for this functionality to work).

I had never really used this feature until I tried it out just now to reproduce your problem.
I almost thought I confirmed your issue until I messed around and saw that it works only on record-armed tracks.

-Ki
Salem Beats
Ah - the REC button - yeah I copied and pasted my text from the manual.
I will look more closely, when I check tonight.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:28 AM   #406
flipotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem Beats View Post
Hey Klinke,

I'm just swinging by to let you know that your MCU implementation is the most powerful I've come across in any DAW by far.

It's jam-packed with features and it's very organized.

If you decide to continue with the development of this amazing plugin, I'm excited to see what you might come up with next!

-Ki
Salem Beats
I agree 100%!
I like it so much ... I just donated 15 Euro, to buy klinke a few beverages of his choice!
Cheers!
Thanks much
Old 11-28-2013, 11:56 AM   #407
LugNut

Hi,

Has anyone figured out how to bring up the FX add window and select a new fx directly from the mcu yet?

Thx

Guido

Oh.. and Happy Thanksgiving to all!

EDIT..nm I got it! I made a preset in bomes midi translator pro that "Clutches" my HUI out of MCU mode into computer keyboard mode and back. Excellent^^.

i guess it could be done with like Auto hotkey maybe?

Last edited by LugNut; 11-28-2013 at 12:56 PM.
LugNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #408
LugNut

Hi,

Crap! right into some sort of Reaper bug! It all works EXCEPT it opens the FX browser for the last MOUSE touched track. Not the track selected from control surface..damit!

Can anyone confirm? Man it was beautiful for a second.^^

guido
Old 11-28-2013, 06:30 PM   #409
Klinke

There exist an Option "Touch Select" that should help in your use case. See Table 2 on Page 12.

And can't you use the Global Action buttons to assign one of them to open the Add FX dialog. Everything that can be assigned to a key can be also assigned to one of those MCU buttons.

Via this assignment of Global Actions buttons to Reaper Actions it should be also possible to add directly some preconfigured FX to the track (maybe you need the SWS extension for this). But I have never tested this by myself.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:08 AM   #410
LugNut

Quote:
There exist an Option "Touch Select" that should help in your use case. See Table 2 on Page 12.

And can't you use the Global Action buttons to assign one of them to open the Add FX dialog. Everything that can be assigned to a key can be also assigned to one of those MCU buttons.

Via this assignment of Global Actions buttons to Reaper Actions it should be also possible to add directly some preconfigured FX to the track (maybe you need the SWS extension for this). But I have never tested this by myself.

Hi,

Oh thank u so much! It must be picnic..problem in chair not in computer...I ama stupid^^ Thx!

Guido
Old 11-29-2013, 05:54 AM   #411
LugNut

Quote:
...And can't you use the Global Action buttons to assign one of them to open the Add FX dialog. Everything that can be assigned to a key can be also assigned to one of those MCU buttons.

Hi,

Dont want tot keep u from workin on extenders..ha...but just want to say its working superbly now and Thank You!

I didnt use the Globals because i have these 2 rows of number buttons, that 4 of them normally emulate the MCU cursor buttons.

1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 0

2 is UP... 7 is DOWN....6 and 8 are LEFT RIGHT.

Now i hit my clutch button which switches bomes MTP preset from HUI/MCU mode to HUI/computer keyboard mode, then 5 {F} to open fx browser...1 {Tab} to get to All Plugins...7 {arrow down} to get to VSTs..one more tab..and select the vst w the ARROWS,2 7 6 8.

And finally, just below left of those two rows of numbers is , of course^^ my Return button which hits the browsers OK button AND switches the bomes preset back to being a MCU.
Maniacal laughter..hahahahahahahahahhaha

Now stop reading this garbage and get bsck to soccer...er mountain climbing.. I mean Juce 2 and the Extenders.^^ What a great name for a band!!^^ Sry.

Guido
Old 12-03-2013, 05:43 AM   #412
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugNut View Post
Now i hit my clutch button which switches bomes MTP preset from HUI/MCU mode to HUI/computer keyboard mode, then 5 {F} to open fx browser...1 {Tab} to get to All Plugins...7 {arrow down} to get to VSTs..one more tab..and select the vst w the ARROWS,2 7 6 8.

And finally, just below left of those two rows of numbers is , of course^^ my Return button which hits the browsers OK button AND switches the bomes preset back to being a MCU.
Maniacal laughter..hahahahahahahahahhaha
I see, thats a nice idea and you are right, just with the MCU mode this is not possible to archive without touching the mouse or computer keyboard. Maybe I should add the possibility to use the arrow buttons on the Mackie Control as arrow keys.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:50 AM   #413
Klinke

I just released a (quite untested) hack, that allow to use a second hardware unit. But this second extender is totally unsynced to the first, so version 0.6.4 can still be a better solution for people that want to use two units. That depends on the personal workflow.

Here is a link to the thread, where this issue is discussed with some more details: http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...1&postcount=31
Old 12-05-2013, 08:26 AM   #414
M4dM4tt

Default Control Surface: Error opening Midi inputs

Hey guys!

I'm using reaper since about 2 years now and qcon pro since about half a year.
It all worked fine until today.

So i fire up qcon and reaper but all of a sudden qcon pro is no longer able to control the DAW faders.
i checked everything since i had the problem as well when i first set it up.

disabled the qcon in midi devices and reloaded everything in control surfaces section, chose the klinke controller, set it up as i did before.

somehow i just get that message mentioned in my post title.
DAW to qcon pro works though...

any hints?
some one experienced this as well laterly?
might it have to do something with the latest reaper version which i updatet some days ago...?

tnx,
Matt
__________________________________________________ _____________________________________
EDIT:
i didn't have much hope that rolling back to version 4.55 would solve the problem.
but it did.
i hope this information helps other users as well as klinke and cockos to implement/develop in to the right direction so that future versionen might be supported again. seems like i'am stuck with 4.55 for now : (.
__________________________________________________ ______________________________________

Last edited by M4dM4tt; 12-05-2013 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Solved by myself : )
M4dM4tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:58 AM   #415
LugNut

Quote:
I just released a (quite untested) hack, that allow to use a second hardware unit. But this second extender is totally unsynced to the first, so version 0.6.4 can still be a better solution for people that want to use two units. That depends on the personal workflow.

Here is a link to the thread, where this issue is discussed with some more details: http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...1&postcount=31
Hi,

thanks for doing this klinke....Merry Christmas to u too!^^

Guido
Old 12-06-2013, 05:42 AM   #416
LugNut

Hi klinke,

I have tried hard not to ask u many questions about your wonderful extention..but i have to now.

I see from your docs and from this thread {and from trying} that vpots in the FX parameter mappings differ from faders. My question is..Why did u do that?
Is there some tech limitation I am not aware of?

The way i understand it, The vpots just send direction and speed. Then in the other direction the extension sends the mcu the light's midi commands.

In making a ReaEQ fx map, it made so much sense to me to have the bandwith or the freq on the vpot,with the other 2 parameters on 2 faders per band....I was able to "learn" the bandwith for eg. by moving the daw bandwith fader very slowly and smoothly. That method seems to work for most parameters in some of the plugins im doing, but some parameters on some plugins make the the vpots light ring a little inaccurate.

If it is not too difficult..and if u feel it is worthwhile....I know I sure do^^...can u make it so that the above vpot limitation is changed?

I know that you have gone above and beyond the call of duty in the huge amount of time and brainpower and even selfless sacrifice to make this great extension. I see that u have strived to make this work for ppl that even dont have the same box u did! I stand in a standing ovation of eternal gratitude!^^

And I hope that big north European storm leaves u alone.^^

Guido
Old 12-06-2013, 02:50 PM   #417
flipotto

Default FYI - ReaKeyMce

I post this here, only because it is related.
I am revising keymce into a reaper specific program.
KeyMce is a pc keyboard mackie emulation. Use your computer keyboard as a control surface.
I am revising to it will work well with klinke's mackie plugin.

I am changing the name to ReaKeyMce!
I am looking for testers - trying to get as many of the the functions of klinke's awesome plugin working.

Please email me if you want to help.

See link
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...61#post1284661

I don't have it posted anywhere yet - email me.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #418
LugNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipotto View Post
I post this here, only because it is related.
I am revising keymce into a reaper specific program.
KeyMce is a pc keyboard mackie emulation. Use your computer keyboard as a control surface.
I am revising to it will work well with klinke's mackie plugin.

I am changing the name to ReaKeyMce!
I am looking for testers - trying to get as many of the the functions of klinke's awesome plugin working.

Please email me if you want to help.

See link
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...61#post1284661

I don't have it posted anywhere yet - email me.
Hi,

Very cool!! Watch out... you are getting "obsessed" again!!^^ Much success!

Guido
Old 12-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #419
flipotto

Hoping not to get obsessed. Just minor tweaks - for when I don't have the mackie with me.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #420
Klinke

Quote:
I see from your docs and from this thread {and from trying} that vpots in the FX parameter mappings differ from faders. My question is..Why did u do that?
Is there some tech limitation I am not aware of?
The encoder of the Mackie Control are rasterized (I'm not sure if this translation is correct or a false friend), in my opinion the feeling and quality of them does not match to continuous parameters. To be honest, the quality of them are so bad, that it is a good idea just to use the button functionality.

Quote:
In making a ReaEQ fx map, it made so much sense to me to have the bandwith or the freq on the vpot,with the other 2 parameters on 2 faders per band....I was able to "learn" the bandwith for eg. by moving the daw bandwith fader very slowly and smoothly. That method seems to work for most parameters in some of the plugins im doing, but some parameters on some plugins make the the vpots light ring a little inaccurate.
You can edit the xml file of the map (see the last section of the manual).

Quote:
If it is not too difficult..and if u feel it is worthwhile....I know I sure do^^...can u make it so that the above vpot limitation is changed?
It is not that easy and it was a conscious decision from my side, so I'm sorry to say that I don't plan to change this. But the extension is open source ;-)

Sorry,
Klinke
Old 12-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #421
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4dM4tt View Post
i didn't have much hope that rolling back to version 4.55 would solve the problem.
but it did.
i hope this information helps other users as well as klinke and cockos to implement/develop in to the right direction so that future versionen might be supported again. seems like i'am stuck with 4.55 for now : (.
I have just updated from 4.54 to 4.57 (32bit) and can not reproduce your problem.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:51 PM   #422
LugNut

Quote:
The encoder of the Mackie Control are rasterized (I'm not sure if this translation is correct or a false friend), in my opinion the feeling and quality of them does not match to continuous parameters. To be honest, the quality of them are so bad, that it is a good idea just to use the button functionality.

You can edit the xml file of the map (see the last section of the manual).

It is not that easy and it was a conscious decision from my side, so I'm sorry to say that I don't plan to change this. But the extension is open source ;-)

Sorry,
Klinke
Hi,

thx for your response. They vpots must be a little different on the mcu..or i am not as discriminating^^.

And me trying to do anything with ur code..even if i knew how....would be like drawing a mustache on the mona lisa.^^

Again, thank u very much for your wonderful extension!

Guido
Old 12-29-2013, 12:49 PM   #423
DrFrankencopter

Default Building/modding v0.6.4

Hi folks, not trying to hijack this thread, but I think I could benefit from the assistance of some of the code savvy folks here.

I'm trying to build and mod v 0.6.4 of Klinke's excellent csurf plugin. My aim is to address the display issues that affect the Mackie MCU while the transport is playing; while maintaining the functionality of the extenders. In order to set up to do this I need to get the project building from source and am running into some errors that seem to point to a problem with my approach.

I've detailed what I've done here: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...87#post1293487

If you've succesfully built Klinke's plugin from source, and can lend a hend to my efforts please comment in the thread linked above.

Many thanks!

Cheers

Kris
DrFrankencopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:54 PM   #424
JRC

Default Tascam FW-1884

Hello,

My first post here (although I've been using Reaper for a while), so a quick thank-you to all who made this extraordinary DAW what it is. It's been a steep learning curve, but I cannot imagine ever going back.

So, I just picked up a Tascam FW-1884 on ebay and have just about got it playing nicely with Reaper (thanks to Klinke for making that possible), but I have a problem: the modifier keys don't work within Reaper. I set up a toolbar to replicate the buttons and the MCU editors and the scrub wheel options (loop points and time selection) now work, but not the other functions (monitoring, saving markers, etc). Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Thank you and Happy New Year!
JRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:08 AM   #425
LugNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRC View Post
Hello,

My first post here (although I've been using Reaper for a while), so a quick thank-you to all who made this extraordinary DAW what it is. It's been a steep learning curve, but I cannot imagine ever going back.

So, I just picked up a Tascam FW-1884 on ebay and have just about got it playing nicely with Reaper (thanks to Klinke for making that possible), but I have a problem: the modifier keys don't work within Reaper. I set up a toolbar to replicate the buttons and the MCU editors and the scrub wheel options (loop points and time selection) now work, but not the other functions (monitoring, saving markers, etc). Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Thank you and Happy New Year!
Hi,

I have a hunch it may be because those modifier keys aren't being held down.....in other words there has to be a key down and a key up. Just a shot.

Welcome and a Happy New Year to you also

Guido
EDIT nm...I just reread your post and I see that some are working..sorry.gl
Old 01-05-2014, 04:50 PM   #426
JRC

Thanks LugNut. The actions are button type (one click on, one click off, etc). The fact that some work leaves me hopeful foir a simple solution to getting them all working, but it's not a big deal. Better to be amazed at what I can do than disappointed by what I can't.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:20 AM   #427
Klinke

As a fallback, maybe you could use the modifier keys from the computer keyboard. There exist an option in the "Control Surface Settings" dialog, that enable this feature, see also Page 3 in the manual.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:27 AM   #428
OttoPus

Hi guys, is there any chance that any of you users of the MCU Pro + klinke plug post a video showing the main features?

It would be very nice!

Thanks
OttoPus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:01 PM   #429
JRC

Thank you Klinke. I'm an idiot; it didn't occur to me that the keyboard Shift and Ctrl were also mapped. Yay!
Old 01-07-2014, 10:33 AM   #430
KevinW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
What is OPTION in the computer qwerty? Alt is Alt, but what is OPTION?
Right Alt is Option.
KevinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:11 AM   #431
LugNut

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone using an MCU with klinkes,could do one bank switch while logging output with midi ox or so.

The reason is because when I do quick successive bank swithces , I get some errors . When I looked at the logged output, it seems as if there are redundant messages being sent,but i could be wrong. Since I am not using a real MCU setup, I want to make sure its not my setup.

Would appreciate any help here.

BTW it also happens on undos. Thx

Guido
Old 01-16-2014, 12:44 PM   #432
LugNut

Hi,

ok ..no takers on the above? ^^

Well mow i got a new problem, and im thinking it might be a bug.

Im using fake fader touch. I could have swore i had this working correctly , but now not.

When i try to use track volume automation with a track in touch mode, It moves the point but then it goes immediatly down. If i do 3 or 4 moves up it looks like a sawtooth.

But if i use the same fader to do touch fx parameter moves it works great..as expected. HUH?

I sure hope this is not already in the manual and im an idiot. Will post a licecap.

Guido
Old 01-17-2014, 12:17 PM   #433
LugNut

Hi,

Sorry to be a pita but this is drivin me bananas!

This first cap shows me using fader 1 on my cs to do a gentle fade out fade in...notice the sawteeth?

Here is the same exact fader and midi messages sent to do some fades but this time with ReaEQs parameters...I dont get it?? One would think that this cant be expected behaviour??

Can anyone confirm/deny ...help?

Guido
Old 01-17-2014, 04:01 PM   #434
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugNut
Can anyone confirm/deny ...help?
Looks like an issue with Touch messages on the fader.

You can verify this by going to Options->Preferences->Editing Behavior->Automation, and playing with the Automation recording return speed.

If this has an effect, you should get ahold of Klinke, there might be some coding to do. I can help guide as this was an issue with the EuCon stuff I'm woking on.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:30 AM   #435
LugNut

EDIT. I tried various settings for Automation Return Speed in reaper prefs and same bad behaviour except the return "ramp" is shortened or legnthed accordingly.
BUT in trying latch mode it works exactly as I want.ie put the selected strip in latch...move a fader it either creates an armed auto lane for vol.... Or punches in pretty smoothly.

I guess for me now I'll just take touch mode button out and replace it with latch and name it touch.^^ I guess latch is the new touch. Ha

Thanks Geoff for chimin in.

thing is, that i am using fake fader touch with klinkes....its an option in klinkes ext that allows users w, say, a bcf that doesn't send touch to use touch mode.

And with what seems to be a bunch of users with that box, and the seemingly common practice of doing volume automation, I find it hard to believe that its in klinkes code....but I still can't figure it out so it may be.
Or could it be in newer vers of Reaper? I am using pre 4.60 pre 3.

And there is my hui / MCU conversion, but as shown in the gif, fx parameter auto moves behave correctly with the same midi messages sent.

Could it poss be a setting somewhere? Friggin driven me nuts.^^ will chk the ramp back ms value..or whatever its called.^^

Guido

Last edited by LugNut; 01-18-2014 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:48 AM   #436
Faderjockey

I wish I could go back to using is..I miss it.
But with out the x64 extension it just crashes on undos.. Guess as long as I never hit undo I'm fine..lol
Old 01-18-2014, 09:46 AM   #437
tspring

Usually our MCU works like a champ. (Many thanks to Klike.)However,occassionally, our MCU (with extender) will lose communication with Reaper/Klinke driver. It seems to occur at random times, not associated with any particular activity. Do other folks have this happen? Sometimes if we wiggle a fader, the MCU will reconnect, but not always. Turning a knob on the MCU never persuades it to reconnect. Does anybody have any hints on cauaes and how to prevent the random disconnections?

T
tspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:28 PM   #438
Klinke

Quote:
thing is, that i am using fake fader touch with klinkes....its an option in klinkes ext that allows users w, say, a bcf that doesn't send touch to use touch mode.

And with what seems to be a bunch of users with that box, and the seemingly common practice of doing volume automation, I find it hard to believe that its in klinkes code....but I still can't figure it out so it may be.
Or could it be in newer vers of Reaper? I am using pre 4.60 pre 3.
First, sorry for the late reply, I had no time to check your reports till now. And it was a very important hint, that you are using the fake fader touch setting, because when I use this setting and ensure that the MCU doesn't send a fader touch, I can reproduce the problem. So it is very likely a bug in my code. Sorry.

I have added this into the bug tracker, but I still have no time to work on the MCU :-(
Old 01-18-2014, 04:33 PM   #439
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by tspring View Post
Usually our MCU works like a champ. (Many thanks to Klike.)However,occassionally, our MCU (with extender) will lose communication with Reaper/Klinke driver. It seems to occur at random times, not associated with any particular activity. Do other folks have this happen? Sometimes if we wiggle a fader, the MCU will reconnect, but not always. Turning a knob on the MCU never persuades it to reconnect. Does anybody have any hints on cauaes and how to prevent the random disconnections?

T
This sounds a little bit like the problem I have described in the manual under "Known issues", but I run only into the problem after I have launched Reaper. In my case a good way to reconnect the hardware is to rotate the Jog-wheel till the SMPTE display reacts again (and show the new position).
Old 01-18-2014, 04:49 PM   #440
LugNut

Quote:
First, sorry for the late reply, I had no time to check your reports till now. And it was a very important hint, that you are using the fake fader touch setting, because when I use this setting and ensure that the MCU doesn't send a fader touch, I can reproduce the problem. So it is very likely a bug in my code. Sorry.

I have added this into the bug tracker, but I still have no time to work on the MCU :-(
Hi,

Thank you Sir! Latch mode is workin very well right now. And plz , no sorrys...I LOVE your extension! Thanks for all the work u have already put in.

Guido