Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Music/Collaboration Discussion

Old 05-29-2015, 01:02 AM   #1
Paco572
Human being with feelings

Default An Open Letter of Help from Paco Skiinoff, "The George Stanley Band"

Being a one man band is a real challenge, I'm asking, be it so humble, the Reaper community to come to my aid and help me push one, possible two songs, to #1 at Soundclick.com

Now before you jump ship please hear me out,

In the last 3 years I've had at Soundclick.com with no help,

last year 2014... #3 "Morally Bankrupt" From the Album "Neighbors From Hell"
year before that 2013... #4 "It's Friday" From the Album, "Empty Walls"
the year before that 2012... #9 "Bring Us A Round" From the Album "Wasted"
and before that doesn't matter.

What is important is I worked so hard this year, It took 6 months to complete, I started in Oct and finished it in May. This album, which I took great pride in, I have received wonderful comments so far, here and on my Facebook page. I'm very humbled by it. I live with my 81 year old Father who says, you go in "there", meaning my studio, "and I wonder if you'll ever come out.," He's says, "it better be good, you've been in there long enough". Even if it stays at #1 for just few minutes, is good enough. I just want to print it out and put it on my wall and prove to my Dad, I could do it. I'm not looking for fame or to be signed or be a star, not for me, I'm too old. My music is always free and I hope people like it.

That being said,

So if you want to help me, please click on my 2 links which are the first 2 songs on my album "Section 8". Listen to the first one, start to finish and if your so inclined please listen to the second one. Please do me the honor and tell your friends to do the same. I know this is a great community and I know I'm asking a lot and that's why I sit here with my shoulders down, my head down,. hoping, hoping to give an old man, my father, a gift, even if it's a little bit rusty, before he's gone.

Thank you for listening,

Song 1
A Trip From Hell
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13123449

Song 2
Section 8
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13123447

---------------------------------------

Paco Ski-in-off
Forum Admin
n-Track Studio
Main Artist of "The George Stanley Band."
For those who might be wondering, George, Stanley are my middle names.
Paco is my Nic-name.
Ski-in-off as in "there goes Paco Ski-in-off into the tree's again." That's how I got that name.
Paco572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:33 AM   #2
Jorgen

Listened and tweeted.
Jorgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 06:28 AM   #3
sammydix

You got me at dad.
Done.
sammydix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 10:14 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammydix View Post
You got me at dad.
Done.
Same here. Hope you can make your dad real proud.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:17 AM   #5
msundh

same here
Old 05-29-2015, 10:37 AM   #6
dea-man

OK, listened to both.

Done.

Good luck.
Old 05-29-2015, 06:07 PM   #7
Paco572

I don't shed a tear very often but I'm doing so right now, please keep it up. Thank you all so much.

PACO
Old 05-29-2015, 07:42 PM   #8
kindafishy

Kept it up. Cool tunes. All the best to you and your pop.
kindafishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 06:24 PM   #9
Paco572

As of 7:05PM tonight, "A Trip From Hell" went #2, I can't believe it, in it's sub category and #8 overall. I can't thank you all enough. Please, please don't stop, keep it up, were almost there.

With my deepest respect and admiration,

PACO
Old 05-31-2015, 09:03 AM   #10
Paco572

Still at #2 spot. please keep clicking away. were almost there.

With respect,
PACO
Old 05-31-2015, 05:19 PM   #11
Paco572

At last check the album has stalled, sits at #2. If you reading this for the first time please play the first song start to finish and second one if your inclined to do so. Many people have already done there part in helping me reach my goal, but were not there yet. I would hate to see all this effort from this great community not reach it's goal. Please tell a friend if you haven't already done so, we need more new clicks and this community just might achieve something very special. I'll keep monitoring the situation and will let everybody if we make it.

Thank you,

PACO
Old 06-02-2015, 11:37 AM   #12
Paco572

For those who might be following, The album has again stalled with one exception, it moved up the charts from #8 overall to #6 overall but still remains at #2 in it's category.

If you reading this for the first time please play the first song start to finish and second one if your inclined to do so. Many people have already done there part in helping me reach my goal, but were not there yet. I would hate to see all this effort from this great community not reach it's goal. Please tell a friend if you haven't already done so, we need more new clicks and this community just might achieve something very special. I'll keep monitoring the situation and will let everybody if we make it.

Thank you,

PACO
Old 06-05-2015, 09:22 AM   #13
Paco572

Hi Folks

Again the album has stalled. With it going as high as #6 overall and #2 in it's category, things have seen a slide in the charts. As of today #11 over all but still #2 in my category, that make 8 days straight at #2. I suspect this will change in the coming days. I'll post an update when things finally settle. In the mean time,

If you reading this for the first time please play the first song start to finish and second one if your inclined to do so. Many people have already done there part in helping me reach my goal, but were not there yet. I would hate to see all this effort from this great community not reach it's goal. Please tell a friend if you haven't already done so, we need more new clicks and this community just might achieve something very special. I'll keep monitoring the situation and will let everybody if we make it.

Thank you,

PACO
Old 06-05-2015, 09:31 AM   #14
flickervetigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco572 View Post

Again the album has stalled.
PACO
maybe it's because listening to the goeorge Stanley band is uch hard work
flickervetigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 10:59 AM   #15
dea-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickervetigo View Post
maybe it's because listening to the goeorge Stanley band is uch hard work
Ouch!

Look, I believe in what you're trying to accomplish and I've done what was asked, however, in my experience, gratitude and appreciation of what you HAVE, not what you DON'T is key.

No saying to stop pushing for your goal, but acceptance of WHAT IS, makes things pretty cool, for all involved.

Continued good luck to you.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:11 AM   #16
flickervetigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dea-man View Post
Ouch!

Look, I believe in what you're trying to accomplish and I've done what was asked, however, in my experience, gratitude and appreciation of what you HAVE, not what you DON'T is key.

No saying to stop pushing for your goal, but acceptance of WHAT IS, makes things pretty cool, for all involved.

Continued good luck to you.
I don't think I really have any goals except entertaining myself until the entertainment is wiped out by the pain...

then it becomes a matte of endurance
Old 06-05-2015, 11:14 AM   #17
dea-man

Quote:
I don't think I really have any goals except entertaining myself until the entertainment is wiped out by the pain...

then it becomes a matte of endurance
I am sorry. i should have been more clear. The "ouch" was directed at your statement.

The rest of my message was directed at Paco572.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:18 AM   #18
flickervetigo

the only thing I know with absolute certainty is that good music makes me feel better

bad music makes me feel worse
Old 06-05-2015, 11:32 AM   #19
msundh

Quote:
the only thing I know with absolute certainty is that good music makes me feel better

bad music makes me feel worse
I would say the same about attitude
Old 06-05-2015, 11:35 AM   #20
flickervetigo

if my attitude makes you feel worse, I guess you sholdnt read my comments

should you?
Old 06-05-2015, 11:42 AM   #21
msundh

I don't comment on music that I don't like, because I don't think it will do any good, only harm.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:47 AM   #22
flickervetigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by msundh View Post
I don't comment on music that I don't like, because I don't think it will do any good, only harm.
well, you're right... I houldnt comment either, but when promoters inistt on pushing bad misuc, I lose patience
Old 06-05-2015, 11:53 AM   #23
sammydix

don't believe this, but i partially agree w Flick. it started out harmless enough as a fellow forum member asking for help, but later, well...
Old 06-08-2015, 04:36 PM   #24
Paco572

First off I want to thank everybody who tried and did help. I would also like to point out that all comments were accepted good or bad. That is something I have have to deal with.

The album, with the help of this great community went way further than I could have possibly imagined. Went as high as 6th overall in "Rock" which is a personal best but, what was truly astounding, was the album stayed #2 for almost 2 weeks. I like the song myself "A Trip From Hell", tells a true story, other songs like "Section 8" I tried to show some range in my vocals since quitting smoking, and "House of Stone" which was was an experiment in a Led Zeppelin knock off which didn't really turn out that way, but again, I wanted to show some tones in various rhythms, that was inspired by a Led Zeppelin tune.

In the end, my father was very happy and surprised that I got a #2 with #3 last year. I'll post a picture of that when he feels a little better, he's under the weather at the moment, but he's proud of me and he's happy for me. And for that I'm grateful for this.

I want to thank this wonderful community for coming through and giving a little help to an other wise cloudy day. I received a ton of e-mails from people I've never heard from before wishing me the best and offering great comments, I was even compared to Johnny Cash if you can believe it! I was taken back a little by it all.

I want to thank, Jorgen, sammydix, Banned, msundh, dea-man, kindafishy for getting the ball rolling and flickervetigo for being straight up. No harm no foul.

I've made up a few plaques to dress up my studio, just to show the hard work and what I truly have accomplished in the last 5 years. I've never had a guitar lessen yet.

My hat is off to all of you!!!! and I look forward to next years effort. We'll see if I can get that elusive #1 on my own. Thanks again, you'll all a great bunch of folks, I'm proud to know.

PACO SKIINOFF
n-Track Forum Admin
Executive Producer and

Artist: The George Stanley Band
Old 06-08-2015, 05:25 PM   #25
dea-man

OK! Good sport!
Old 06-09-2015, 02:10 AM   #26
Jorgen

Yeah, you should be proud. Enjoy!
Jorgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 01:06 PM   #27
Paco572

Hi Folks,

Here's recent photo, as promised, of My Father and I showing, my Father giving the peace sign , Well it's not a peace sign, he's just showing that he was proud I got a #2 with my album this year. A plaque showing this is seen on his walker basket, which now sit's proudly on my wall in my studio. I asked him if he was proud and he said "You bet."

Thanks again to everybody who helped me out.

PACO
Old 06-12-2015, 01:21 PM   #28
sammydix

Sure you're not twins instead of father/son? hah

#1 may have been nice, but I bet pop is just as proud of you at #2.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:09 PM   #29
dea-man

You go, Boi!

Nice guitar, by the way...
Old 06-13-2015, 03:04 PM   #30
Paco572

I can assure you were not twins, he has to go to the can 4 times a night and he's 81 and I just have to got twice and I'm 53...LOL!! Thanks, the guitar has the robot tuners, they work good but the default settings suck, you have to increase the sensitivity in the settings and then it works very good. I use the tuner robot tuners and then tweak with the strobe to dial it in. The robot tuner gets it very close but not perfect. It's great, helps with new strings and like I said gets it close enough to finish with the strobe. It's not everybody's cup of tea but I like it. Came with hard shell case with the "GIBSON USA" logo.

The guitar strap, $110.00 CND, they sure wanted an arm and leg for that. It's is comfy though.

PACO

Last edited by Paco572; 06-13-2015 at 03:12 PM.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:17 PM   #31
flickervetigo

it's just that I think you need to spend more time on the writing and arranging and less time on promoting yourself...

the logic goes like this...

there's no sense in promoting a mediocre product unless you're also being promoted by the powers-that-be in the music business..

you can play and sing... you apparently have lots of ambition, but the product is not that good... so before you spend all that time promoting yourself, you got to improve the product

I hope that's possible, because I'm 72 and I'm trying to improve my product by listening to music I like, listening carefully to the arrangements (seems like people are going for simpler arrangements) ...

seems like I'm still learning, but I may be a demented old fool

Old 06-16-2015, 06:30 PM   #32
Paco572

Moderator, you may close this thread anytime, with my thanks.

PACO
Old 06-17-2015, 12:41 AM   #33
innuendo

Didn't listen to your songs, but I must say I hate the idea of promoting oneself by fake* votes. It is probably hard to "win" such a competition because other racers are also gathering fake votes. Which is why I'd never enter it in the first place.

* By fake I mean people who voted for any reason other than the music. The requirement to listen to the whole piece maybe makes it more difficult to fake-vote, but still we have here people who prove it's doable.
innuendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 10:29 AM   #34
Paco572

It wasn't for me. It was for my dad, as I put it "it might be a little "rusty." which is what your saying.

PACO
Old 06-18-2015, 12:53 AM   #35
Barksy

I quite liked it, sorry I'm late, but damn well done mate!
Barksy is offline   Reply With Quote