Old 03-19-2019, 10:57 AM   #1441
heda
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorobagatko View Post
Yes, it's the first thing I did. Made a panels order more suitable for me.

Updt: After resetting to default - it works like it should.
ok I think it happens if Versions panel is before the FX chain panel. mmmmm
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 10:58 AM   #1442
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
Ahh, that was too early, with some projects I still see that issue. Will upload one of the projects.

is that project saved without any track selected? I may need to better check for selected track on new project.
Old 03-19-2019, 11:19 AM   #1443
heda

@Skorobagatko
update now and it should work

* v1.4pre70 (2019-03-19)
# fix: fx chain not updating to selected track correctly. broken in pre69 panel reordering
Old 03-19-2019, 01:04 PM   #1444
_Stevie_

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post

is that project saved without any track selected? I may need to better check for selected track on new project.

No, there's a track selected
Check here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x1z4t10etlyah5s/test.rpp?dl=0
Old 03-19-2019, 01:12 PM   #1445
_Stevie_

And there's another case. The track is selected but the wrong track is shown in the TI, plus again, the 2 (blue) lines.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gtpndmngr0...09.41.png?dl=0
Old 03-19-2019, 01:26 PM   #1446
heda

I cannot reproduce... :/ It works well here with your project sample. maybe you can send me the track inspector settings file TI_Settings.cfg located in "Track Inspector VIP settings" folder.
Maybe another running script in the background is causing conflict?
When you change a track selection, the last entry in the Undo history window should be "Change track selection" This is what Track Inspector looks to detect the track change and update the track info.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:37 PM   #1447
_Stevie_

That's strange. The issue seems intermittend :/
I actually only run TI as background script. I got rid of everything else.

Here's my settings file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uf69a5ugfv...tings.cfg?dl=0

Yep, I just checked, "change track selection" is the last entry, when changing the track.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:09 AM   #1448
Klangfarben

I'm also getting the wrong track selected. Usually the track that is selected when I run TI is correct, but then changing tracks does not update in TI. Running the latest version. I have a lot of tracks in my template so maybe that has something to do with it? (around 1000 or so)
Klangfarben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 04:34 AM   #1449
heda

Do you really need to run so many tracks? REAPER will go slower.
But I have just tested 2000 tracks and TI still works. So it shouldn't be an issue of number of tracks. Does it happen to you also in a project with 10 tracks?
This is the kind of issues that are difficult to fix when I cannot reproduce it :/
Old 03-21-2019, 04:41 AM   #1450
Klangfarben

Yes, unfortunately I need to run that many tracks. I'm just reporting the behavior. When I click on a new track, TI does not update to the new track. I'm happy to send you a link to a project file.

In a project of 10 tracks, TI updates just fine. 1000 tracks, TI does not update. Most of those tracks have Kontakt VST Instruments on them if that helps.
Old 03-21-2019, 08:18 AM   #1451
heda

I've been checking and I still can't find any reason for the track change not to be detected. But I have found an optimization possible to do when not using EBUR128 meter. It will work faster in next update.
Thanks for the feedback. It is very curious that it doens't work with many tracks, I just tested with empty tracks.

Can you test if it works if you hide the meters panel?
Old 03-21-2019, 08:49 AM   #1452
David Carlyon

I keep getting a message that says the dpmeter is not installed. Shall i just try and install manually? Sorry for the newb question, i am new to this
David Carlyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:59 AM   #1453
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Carlyon View Post
I keep getting a message that says the dpmeter is not installed. Shall i just try and install manually? Sorry for the newb question, i am new to this
edit: dpmeter3 should be installed manually. download dpmeter3 1.3.4 from here https://www.tb-software.com/TBProAudio/download.html
install only the VST3 version. no VST2 version needed.

if you don't need EBUR128 meter or you don't want to install dpmeter, you can go to the meter panel menu, and uncheck "Use EBUR128 (dpmeter)" option. Then you shouldn't see the message. But now that you mention it. I haven't tested that in a while because I always have dpmeter3 installed. edit: tested.. yes it works.

Last edited by heda; 03-21-2019 at 10:15 AM.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:47 PM   #1454
Klangfarben

Quote:
Can you test if it works if you hide the meters panel?
Meters panel is already hidden. I don't have Dpmeter installed actually.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:57 PM   #1455
_Stevie_

Same here!
Old 03-22-2019, 04:50 AM   #1456
EnsammaVargen

Hey,

Wanted to install your inspector yesterday night, but I keep getting the message "?:-1: attempt to index a nil value (field 'file')" when I try to load the Manager...

I have the most recent version of Reaper and SWS.

Thanks in advance !
EnsammaVargen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 05:35 AM   #1457
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnsammaVargen View Post
Hey,

Wanted to install your inspector yesterday night, but I keep getting the message "?:-1: attempt to index a nil value (field 'file')" when I try to load the Manager...

I have the most recent version of Reaper and SWS.

Thanks in advance !
I think someone else also had this error once, but I cannot remember exactly. I think the issue was that the manager was not installed in the correct folder. Make sure it is in resources folder, inside Scripts folder.
"Scripts/HeDaScripts/HeDaScripts Manager"
Old 03-22-2019, 07:18 AM   #1458
EnsammaVargen

Thanks, fixed it !
EnsammaVargen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 09:05 AM   #1459
heda

Default v1.4pre71 (2019-03-25)

cleaned and optimized some functions.
removed some redundant error messages.
Reset IL function is now always using the newest method.
Make sure you have the latest dpmeter3 installed (at least 1.3.4) if you use dpmeter3.

* v1.4pre71 (2019-03-25)
# some internal optimizations and fixes
# fix reset IL not working on the PRE-FX meter
Old 03-25-2019, 09:26 AM   #1460
Klangfarben

Quote:
* v1.4pre71 (2019-03-25)
# some internal optimizations and fixes
# fix reset IL not working on the PRE-FX meter
Hi Heda, just wanted to report that this version now seems to change tracks correctly in the inspector. Will report back with any more findings. Thanks so much!
Old 03-25-2019, 10:49 AM   #1461
hopi

Thanks for the update and for all you kind help!
Old 03-25-2019, 05:21 PM   #1462
Klangfarben

Hi Heda, I've got a few suggestions which I'm hoping you might consider.

1) In the metering section would you be able to add an option for show/hide reference level lines like in HedaMixer? The green and red reference lines are a bit too christmas for me. Also could you have a show/hide option for level lines again like HedaMixer?

2) Also, regarding the level lines, IMHO they are much too long and visually distracting. Could there be an option to make them look more like a track meter where the reference lines are more small notches next to the meter? So basically long view (as it is now) and notched view.

3) Coloring of the script is much improved, but could you add some more options for text coloring? Right now, there's still some text that is a bit jarring. I would love to see text coloring for each panel if possible as well as a global text coloring to allow you to make all text the same color for the whole inspector. For example, in the metering, the lime green 12.0 of the max track volume is very jarring and I would rather just set it to white (a show/hide for that would be good as well). Also, when selecting a plugin, the yellow highlight is very distracting and it would be great to be able to set the highlight color of that (for example, using a highlight a slightly brighter shade than the track/panel color).

4) Track Delay. Thanks so much for incorporating this. Would it be possible within track inspector to type in a delay value as well as using the slider? I have a very difficult time dialing in an exact number with the slider as it's not very precise.

I'm still getting my feet wet with this so if some of the above are already possible please scold me publicly. It really is a brilliant tool and I'm really looking forward to making this and HedaMixer a regular part of my workflow. Thanks so much for your brilliant work!

Last edited by Klangfarben; 03-25-2019 at 05:37 PM.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:24 AM   #1463
heda

Hi Klangfarben
Thanks for letting me know that it works correctly now.

answering some of your questions

1. On the settings page (bottom left button to open settings page) you can change the opacity of reference lines and grid lines to 0 to avoid displaying them. Or set it to 0.2 for less opacity. the options are at the end in the second column(theme options) "Meter grid opacity" and "Meter grid reference lines opacity"

2. I could make that option but I don't know where to put the lines then. a bit complicated because there are two meters, the RMS and the EBUR128.. so that's why I decided to make the lines wide for both.
Another thing you could do is to have less lines by setting grid step size to 6db or 12db for example

3. I don't understand text coloring for each panel, but there are text color options in the settings page. You can change the floating FX yellow color, and the lime green color (Text 3 and Text 4 color options) there

4. Track delay, you cannot set the number directly, but you can use mouse wheel for precise changing the number, and then you can create presets by CTRL clicking the number. Then clicking the number will open a menu with your delay presets.

thank you!

Last edited by heda; 03-26-2019 at 03:37 AM.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:36 AM   #1464
Klangfarben

Thanks for getting back so quickly! Just a few questions/comments from your answers.

Quote:
1. On the settings page (bottom left button to open settings page) you can change the opacity of reference lines and grid lines to 0 to avoid displaying them. Or set it to 0.2 for less opacity. the options are at the end in the second column(theme options) "Meter grid opacity" and "Meter grid reference lines opacity"
Ok, noted. It still leaves the red and green colors for the reference level though. I don't see any way to change those, correct? Changing the text color options doesn't seem to affect those. That's why I thought it would be a good idea to have per panel color options so you can set colors for the metering section, FX section, etc.

In terms of the lines itself, you've already put the show/hide options in HedaMixer so my vote would be to just put the same line options in Track Inspector. That makes more sense to my thick skull lol. Especially as you integrate the two more over time.

Quote:
2. I could make that option but I don't know where to put the lines then. a bit complicated because there are two meters, the RMS and the EBUR128.. so that's why I decided to make the lines wide for both.
Another thing you could do is to have less lines by setting grid step size to 6db or 12db for example
I'm not sure less lines is a good solution. I think part of the problem for me is that the fader in the metering section does have notches for level as one would expect, but they don't match up with the lines for the EBU/LUFS metering. Visually that's very confusing to me.

Also, I think the placement of the notch lines would be pretty easy. Just put them next to the numbers Quick and dirty screen shot below. So, whatever meter is showing, notches just go next to that instead of the wide lines. I think that looks a lot cleaner.

Quote:
3. I don't understand text coloring for each panel, but there are text color options in the settings page. You can change the floating FX yellow color, and the lime green color (Text 3 and Text 4 color options) there
Again, thanks for this. For me, this doesn't give quite enough options for the whole Inspector. And there is some text coloring you still can't control, such as the reference level text on the meters. Maybe for the future you could consider having color preferences for more items? Or like I suggest, coloring options including text for each panel. So, for example, in the settings window, you could organize the settings by panel and those settings that didn't apply to a specific panel you could put in a general settings category. And then in each panel settings section, have color options for the elements/text. I can do a quick dirty mockup if that helps you visualize what I'm talking about.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
4. Track delay, you cannot set the number directly, but you can use mouse wheel for precise changing the number, and then you can create presets by CTRL clicking the number. Then clicking the number will open a menu with your delay presets.
Thanks I did not know this! Is there any way to change the mouse wheel resolution? I'm still having some problems. For example, trying to get to a value of negative 30 takes a LONG time with the mouse wheel. Also, when moving the mouse wheel it seems to overshoot the mark a lot and then you keeping wheeling back and forth to get to the right amount. Still not very precise. Maybe consider clicking/doubling-clicking on the ms setting to enter a value for future versions? Would make it a little easier especially when delay values are going to vary from track to track so presets aren't all that useful.

Again, thanks for your great work and for your consideration.
Old 03-28-2019, 02:40 PM   #1465
heda

Default v1.4pre72 (2019-03-28)

fix for project load/change detection.
Hopefully it always works 100% now

and some updates for Klangfarben

* v1.4pre72 (2019-03-28)
# fix: better project change/load detection.
+ Settings: Draw overs line in color.
+ Settings: Draw reference line in color.
+ Settings: Grid line length factor.
Old 03-28-2019, 02:48 PM   #1466
_Stevie_

Wow, I loaded several projects and it works as expected from what I can tell! Thanks so much HeDa! Now having a look at the new features :P
Old 03-28-2019, 02:59 PM   #1467
heda

wow I have the fastest beta testers in the world heheh thanks
nice! getting close to final release of v1.4 after 72 pres
Old 03-28-2019, 03:48 PM   #1468
Klangfarben

Heda, this is seriously fantastic. I'm upping my donation!
Old 03-28-2019, 04:40 PM   #1469
Klangfarben

Quick question, Heda. When using track versions, is it saving the plugins on the track as well? That's what it seems to be doing. Is there any option to not have the plugins saved on track versions? I see options in the prefs for don't set fx online/offline with versions but nothing that would tell it to ignore saving plugins.

The reason I ask is the way I normally use track versions/playlists is I just use them to play in an alternate midi part. I generally don't want the plugins to change because I'm always using the same instrument on that track. That allows you to quickly flip between versions/alternate parts on a track. However, since I have Kontakt instruments on almost every track it takes a little bit to switch as it is reloading the plugins for that track.

If there isn't an option to do that, would you consider adding that? It might be a bit tricky since I think most people would want to that set as a track-by-track option as opposed to a global ignore (although I would be fine with that).
Old 03-28-2019, 05:43 PM   #1470
heda

THANK YOU!

Versions are done by duplicating and hiding the tracks, plugins are put offline so they don't consume memory but you are right it takes some time to reload if it is a big plugin as Kontakt.

In that case what you could do is to have Kontakt in a folder track, and have the MIDI as child(it will route the midi automatically) then create versions of the child, and it won't affect the parent folder with the VSTi or other plugins.
But it can get messy with all the child tracks if you have many tracks.

There is always Sexan's script for Track Versions which is a totally different approach. I haven't used it so I cannot say anything more about it.

I will think a way to do track versions with an additional command, as a way to move the items only to the archived version, without affecting the FX chain of the active version to avoid reloading plugins. Good idea. This will be for next v1.5
Thank you!
Old 03-28-2019, 06:22 PM   #1471
Klangfarben

Hi thanks, Heda. So as to your suggestion to use Kontakt in a folder track and route midi to it, I can't actually do that in my workflow. Each track is a separate instance of Kontakt and I'm actually using midi cc to control a JS plugin for volume rather than CC7 as Reaper's volume is 64-bit and midi is 7-bit. So, kind of night and day. There's no way I could go back to doing it another way, so every track has its own Kontakt instance. It also makes routing so much simpler. If I need to change the routing, I just drop the track into a different folder.

I really appreciate all the work you've put in. All the new options are fantastic and have already helped me quite a bit!
Old 03-28-2019, 06:30 PM   #1472
_Stevie_

Haha well, I was eager to test if it works and it did! Very happy
I agree on everything Klangfarben said. Would it be possible to include Sexans script
Into TI? I played around with it and i really like it.
Old 03-28-2019, 08:32 PM   #1473
Klangfarben

Stevie as usual read my mind

I don't know if there's any way to combine Sexan's work with TI but if there is donations all around.
Old 03-29-2019, 09:51 AM   #1474
_Stevie_

*chuckle*

If this was possible, then track versions would be perfect!
Old 03-29-2019, 01:01 PM   #1475
Klangfarben

Heda, is there a preference to not show temporary text dB values in the metering section for L/R levels? If not, could there be?
Old 03-29-2019, 02:00 PM   #1476
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klangfarben View Post
Heda, is there a preference to not show temporary text dB values in the metering section for L/R levels? If not, could there be?
I don't think so but yes it may be good to hide them... They are not that useful I guess
Old 03-29-2019, 02:31 PM   #1477
Klangfarben

It's not that they aren't useful. I'm just normally in the habit of glancing at the TI out of the corner of my eye while I'm playing so it's a bit distracting. All I really want to see is the meter. People doing focused work on a track might use them more than I would.
Old 03-29-2019, 04:26 PM   #1478
todd_r

Odd problem

todd_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 05:23 PM   #1479
todd_r

Updated DPMeter and its working now
todd_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 12:52 AM   #1480