Old 02-11-2019, 01:29 PM   #1
Anarchist101
Human being with feelings

Default Help!

No projects will open. Just happen a day ago. Nothing I have recorded will open. I have repeatedly
tried to shut down Reaper and reopen it. Restart computer and reopen. Out of Ideas! Please, anyone, suggestions?
Anarchist101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:53 PM   #2
vdubreeze

Hi Anarchist101. Welcome : ) When you say they won't open, what happens? Does the project load but no files? Explain this in detail : ) If you record a new test project does that one close and open?

Are there any drives that were online when you recorded that are not now? Hardware interface setting that's not right, or even cable that came out?

What computer OS and hardware?
Old 02-12-2019, 12:33 PM   #3
Anarchist101

Hi vdubreeze, Thank you for the welcome! I want to thank you for responding! I am not the most tech savvy person so please bare with me on this.

I have a MacBook Pro. Originally downloaded REAPER v5.28/64 two years ago and have never had any issues. I few days ago my computer was restarted after installing some new updates and after that I haven’t been able to open anything. Everytime I try to open a project a message comes up (REAPER ERROR - There was an error opening the project….)

So, I just ran a test recording and saved it. The quit REAPER - reopened it - and the test project came right up! But it’s all my other file….they just won’t load at all.

I hope what I have wrote helps or at least makes sense, lol?
Old 02-12-2019, 01:07 PM   #4
vdubreeze

If nothing has changed since last time it was working (no OS updates or etc) try a reset to the Reaper defaults. Easiest way is to move the "Reaper" folder in Application Support, which is <user>/Library/Application Support/REAPER. To get to your user library where this is you need to hold down the option key while going to the GO menu in the Finder. This will cause the otherwise invisible library folder to appear in the menu and select that. Then go into Application Support and take the Reaper folder and drag it out to the desktop. Start Reaper again (it will take a little while to set itself up again) and then try the other projects.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:29 PM   #5
Anarchist101

You are a saint, thank you! I will try it now!!
Old 02-12-2019, 05:39 PM   #6
vdubreeze

I did the same as you for a long time, asking how the heck do I do this? and someone ALWAYS answered : ) And I STILL do it : )
Old 02-19-2019, 07:19 PM   #7
Anarchist101

I just wanted to thank you one more time vdubreeze, I really thought I lost everything there and your help guided me so much! So much appreciation!!