Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 11-12-2019, 08:21 AM   #1
lunker
Human being with feelings

Default Looking For Vocal Library Recommendations

Yesterday I got a yearning for some vocal libraries to supplement my not-so-good singing voice, mostly as background vocals. I'm not looking for something that will "sing" the song, but I want more than the "ooh" and "ah" sounds I can get from a synth. I'm particularly looking for female voices, since my falsetto is horrible.

I Googled a little bit, and found a few that look nice and are in the right price range:

https://soundiron.com/collections/solo-voices (Mimi Page, Adey, Rapture, and Gaia caught my eye)

https://www.bestservice.com/shevannai.html

But as this is my first foray into vocal libraries, I thought I should ask the experts here if they have any recommendations. I don't want to buy the first pretty package I see, and then find out about a better library afterward.

If it's a Kontakt library, I am only looking for ones that are compatible with Kontakt Player (not ones that require the full version of Kontakt).

Hopefully my timing is right, and I can get a good deal on something with the Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales coming up in a few weeks.

Thanks!

Last edited by lunker; 11-12-2019 at 08:28 AM.
lunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:30 AM   #2
sostenuto

Several Choral libraries should work. but also fairly pricey ..... Strezov Sampling,
Zero-G Ethera series ..... but 8Dio is having a monstrous SALE right now and everything from Solo Vocals to Choirs are possibilities for your posted needs.

https://8dio.com/

Best of Luck !
sostenuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 10:11 AM   #3
lunker

Thanks. Yes, the 8DIO libraries do look nice (actually, I think my desire for a vocal library came from seeing them in the 8DIO sale). Unfortunately, it looks like all of their vocal libraries require the full version of Kontakt.

I'll check out the others you mentioned. EDIT: Bummer, looks like they all require full Kontakt, too.

Last edited by lunker; 11-12-2019 at 02:32 PM.
lunker is offline   Reply With Quote