Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 03-02-2021, 10:44 AM   #1
derschulz
Human being with feelings

Default X-Touch problem got bigger (firmware 1.21 update)

hello to all knowing people!

i´ve used the x touch for a while through different versions of reaper on a Mac Mini and a Win10 PC with no problem.

Last week suddenly everytime i hit the play button all faders on the x touch moved to 50%, the faders in reaper mixer just stayed where they were. When a x Touch fader was touched the fader of the reaper mixer hit the same 50% but than followed the external fader - until the next play button. This happend in all of the arrangements on the Mac and on Win10?!?!

No here starts the bigger trouble:
i updated the firmware 1.15 to 1.21 following the instructions by the letter, display was showing 100%, no problem or power drop what so ever, rebooted - no function anymore all encoders lights indicating hard left. I can boot in the "self test modus" where u can check all colors, faders and buttons - this is still working? Any ideas?
derschulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 03:55 AM   #2
derschulz

has anybody an older firmware file stored on a harddrive?
Old 03-23-2021, 12:21 PM   #3
dronenb

I would just reinstall the firmware. When I updated mine it worked completely fine. When I updated another unit it didn't work and I had to boot into the update mode again and retry 2-3 times.
dronenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 01:23 PM   #4
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by derschulz View Post
has anybody an older firmware file stored on a harddrive?
Not here. Did you try Behringer support?
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 02:37 PM   #5
derschulz

reinstalled firmware 1.15 and have a working X Touch back. I tried the update with different programs, on different machines with different Sys ex programs - my X Touch doesn't want 1.21, than it should be 1.15....

But still sometimes when I press play all the faders on the X touch go to 50%, when I grab a fader in reaper the X touch follows, when ich touch a fader on the X Touch the reaper mixer hits the 50% and follows. So the external faders are basically useless.
Whats really annoying: its only sometimes!!!
load an arrangement yesterday and everything is as expected, load it today the 50% issue is happening, it happens with different arrangements - that "sometimes" is bugging me
Old 03-24-2021, 11:44 AM   #6
dronenb

Quote:
Originally Posted by derschulz View Post
But still sometimes when I press play all the faders on the X touch go to 50%,
Make sure the XTouch is disabled in Audio->MIDI Devices, otherwise this can happen. It can still be added as a control surface with it disabled.
dronenb is offline   Reply With Quote