Old 02-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #1
axeman
Human being with feelings

Default installing Overloud TH2 (32- and/or 64-bit)?

Hi,

I've been sticking with the 32-bit version of REAPER on my 64-bit Windows 7 PC (based on various recommendations I've read here). I decided to take the plunge and purchase Overloud TH2, but found that they have separate 64- and 32-bit installers. For the sake of best performance/sound/etc., I'm pretty sure that I want the 32-bit VST installed, but I may want to take advantage of the 64-bit version at some point (and possibly run the standalone version in 64-bit too).

With this in mind, I'm wondering if I should just try installing the 32-bit version (at least for the time being) or the 64-bit version--or try running one installer after the other. Any advice on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot and take care,

Alan

Last edited by axeman; 02-16-2012 at 01:56 PM.
axeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #2
axeman
Human being with feelings

Default never mind (I figured it out)

Hi,

I tried a test install on a different computer and see that each time you run either installer, you only have the option to install one item (VST or standalone). So I was able to install both 32- and 64-bit versions of the VST, as well as the 64-bit standalone. (On the bright side, the 64-bit VST is labeled as "-64" so you can easily tell them apart.

I can't seem to get the product authentication working, though, so I haven't been able to actually try it yet.

Thanks,

Alan
axeman is offline   Reply With Quote