Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 07-15-2018, 09:50 AM   #1
Chuck Boyer
Human being with feelings

Default getting scenes/2, 3, 4 to work Easycontrol 9 midi controller

Help, anyone know how to get Reaper to recognize scenes 2-4 of the Worlde Easycontrol 9 midi controller? (Same as Pyle I understand).

I can assign anything just fine for scene 1.
I've read everything I can get my hands on and viewed everything online.
It's a nice little midi controller, really appreciating it. I would however like to continue on and assign things past the first 9 buttons, knobs and faders.

If this is really impractical and obtuse to set up, can anyone suggest an alternative that can handle up to 4 banks (so 32 tracks/channels of faders, buttons and knobs)? (that isn't over $150 or so?
Chuck Boyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 12:01 PM   #2
Chuck Boyer

Default also setting osc controller in preferences?

I have now the message that I need to set a Controller in preferences, so question please? :

Settings/Control/OSC/web/ Control surface mode: has these midi controllers to choose from: Behringer BCF2000 (using preset 1), Frontier Alpha Track, Frontier Tranzport, HUI (partial), Mackie Control Extender, Mackie Control Universal, OSC (Open Sound Control), PreSonus FaderPort, Presonus FaderPort XT, Web broser interface, YAMAHA 01X.

Is one of these generic enough to choose and run my 'Worlde Easycontrol 9 then?

And then I understand that I'll be using Actions, and choose which cc settings I want to effect control of (Track: set volume track 1) and set to fader '1' of the 'scene 1' of the controller.

And also I see and have handy a how to, to use the 'ReaControlMIDI (Cockos) that is available as a fx vst.

Lots to learn, grins, head spinning. I'm doing ok with setting faders, rotary knobs and buttons with Scene 1, cc channel 1, but I can't for the life of me select or access channels 2, 3 and 4 for further mapping.
Old 07-15-2018, 02:16 PM   #3
Chuck Boyer

Default So... asking.

I'm not all that smart, can't really figure out how to do this registering of 4 different midi channels for these assignments to take effect in.

So, I'm asking then; is there one good inexpensive midi controller that will have 'useable' bank switching in Reaper where I can use 8 tracks x4 for fader, rotary knobs and buttons useable for midi control?

From the posts on the forum and other places I've read only the ones that are listed in the OSC setup section in Reaper settings are available? Well those are all mostly $450.00 and well over, and too expensive for me, so asking has anybody been able to put to good use a less expensive version of a controller to use with Reaper for these purposes?
thanks
Chuck

Well, I found out where to set the Scenes, 1, 2, 3, 4 to get the CC chan 2 etc.

It is 'so' refreshing to be able to control 28 channels faders and not handle the mouse. So soo refreshing, I'm loving it!

Last edited by Chuck Boyer; 07-15-2018 at 08:41 PM.
Old 02-03-2023, 09:26 PM   #4
Speenort

Default a similar controller

I have a Worlde easycontrol9 that doesn't communicate with the editor software nor with Reaper.
I currently have a support query with Worlde.

I also have a Korg nanoKontrol2 that initially had the same problem. When I contacted Korg's support they were great in leading me through troubleshooting, all the way into the Registry Editor (regedit) where I did find my problem. I'm still waiting for a reply from Worlde.

The Korg nanoKontrol2 has almost the same editor software as the Easy Control and it has a dedicated driver. It also costs half again as much as the easycontrol.

There are no banks or scenes with the Korg nanoKontrol2 as there are with the easycontrol9. If you want to control more than 8 tracks or assign different functions you have to open their editor software each time, open a file where you save settings, and re-communicate with the device. There are 18 more buttons on the Korg but only 8 instead of 9 slider channels.
Attached Images
File Type: gif korg editor.gif (87.2 KB, 39 views)
Speenort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 02:23 AM   #5
mschnell

Did you take a look at the SCI and/or the ReaLearn Reaper extensions ?

Those might be a great help with complex hardware controllers.

BTW.: there is a subforum dedicated for discussions on "Control Surface Devices"

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote