Old 11-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #1
jshonuff
Human being with feelings

Default VU Meter modes and Help

Is there a VU meter mode that makes the meter at 3/4 scale equal -20 at 1.23 volts just like the old VU meters. Or where we can change the VU mode to 0VU = -18 dBfs; 0VU = -14 dBfs or 0VU = -20 dBfs.

Last edited by jshonuff; 11-06-2013 at 11:13 AM.
jshonuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #2
planetnine

I think the master's RMS meter is set to 0=-14dBRMS as default, but you cannot change that to any user value apart from the presets in the selection box (0, -3, -12, -14, -20). The peak meter is not offsettable AFAIK.

Analogue values corresponding to the DAW digital levels will be dependent on the sensitivity/ gain settings of your audio interface.

>
Old 11-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #3
ned

You can enter any value you want into offset field. The presets are just the values that correspond to the k-system.
ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:56 AM   #4
Win Conway

I made a 0VU layout (For quick initial gain staging) , but even doing this is not strictly accurate because Reapers meters are not very accurate and can not be calibrated

But in the end i just reverted back to my original meters and added a guide line for 0VU
Old 11-07-2013, 02:43 AM   #5
Snap

Quote:
I made a 0VU layout (For quick initial gain staging) , but even doing this is not strictly accurate because Reapers meters are not very accurate and can not be calibrated
Do you mean the layout you are using is not accurate? I never had problems calibrating the meters (K-system). They are true and accurate. Layouts are a different story.
Snap is offline   Reply With Quote