Old 04-12-2019, 10:31 AM   #1
lawnranger
Human being with feelings

Default EZ Drummer 2 not working

I have tried a variety of ideas, nothing seems to work. I cannot get EZ drummer 2 to work consistently on Reaper. I have gone to options, preferences, VST and added manually (yes I made sure it is typed in correctly). It appears on the list with others. However when I go to the FX, VST I cannot find EZ drummer 2. When I open up EZ Drummer 2, take a existing song/file and attempt to click and drag it in to a open track on Reaper, the "notes" will appear. But not sound played.

In both instances I have the sound meter in the Master section flaring red in response to the track triggering it, but no sound.

I did have the entire thing working, went back to the song and no EzDrummer. It is about the third time this has happened.

So my question is: what do I need to do, to have EZdrummer 2 up and working trouble free?
lawnranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 12:17 PM   #2
Stella645

Could you show a screencap of the vst path you have set where EZ drummer is installed.

Why would you need to add it manually....didn't you install to the same folder as existing plugs?
Stella645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 02:35 AM   #3
ivansc

My suggestion would be to completely uninstall it and then let Toontrack Product Manager (a free download and the standard way to install all their stuff these days) do the whole thing for you. Once that is all done and dusted, re-open Reaper, go to the Options/preferences/ plugins menu and in the VST option do a full clear/rescan once you have added the path to where TT Product manager said it was installing the plugin. Incidentally, this information comes up during the install and also gives you the option to specify a different location for the plugin. Way back several years ago, the basic EZdrummer plugin used to show up as something like DFHDrums so once you have done all the above, make sure you arent missing it because of some naming weirdness.
Good luck!

And dont forget to take a look at the user guide AND all the excellent free video tutorilas at reaper.fm
Old 04-26-2019, 07:24 AM   #4
lawnranger

Default Thanks

My apologies, I thought I had it set up that I would be notified of any replies. Any ways, thanks! I appreciate you two taking the time to help. Slainte Wayne
lawnranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 01:31 AM   #5
ivansc

So - are you in Eire? My wife just got her Irish passport and citizenship! Cant wait to visit.