Old 11-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #1
airon
Human being with feelings

Default Creating a very tiny CSurf for Novation Dicer

Looking for a small bit of help from the folks who have created CSurf plugins.

I've got this here setup on my Novation Dicers to control plugin windows and track selections :
What I'd like to do:
Have the left Dicers buttons light up(only the little mode button lights up by itself) if there's a plugin in one of the first five plugin slot positions.

Currently I am using the Dicers as a simple control source, as it sends midi notes to activate the functions described in the illustration.

I would like those buttons to actually light up. This can be done with MIDI messages to the Dicer, which is the way to control everything else on it from afar as well.

I have a theory on how this could work, but it depends what CSurf plugins are allowed to do.

Question
Can a CSurf plugin pass along MIDI data to Reaper so it still functions as a control source, as it does now without a CSurf plugin ?
Thus I could have the CSurf plugin lighting things up, depending on certain conditions, such as plugins existing in plugin slot positions one to five, and just pass along all the midi data coming from the Dicers, i.e. my control messages, to Reaper.
The Request
Who can either write such a CSurf plugin, or perhaps help me setup the dev environment to do it myself ?

This is literally just checking whether the first of the currently selected tracks has plugins on it, and then
  • Checking whether the Green mode is active on the relevant Dicer.
  • if so, sending out five midi messages to the Dicers to set/clear the button LEDs with a specific colour.

Last edited by airon; 11-12-2013 at 06:41 AM.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:28 AM   #2
LugNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post

Looking for a small bit of help from the folks who have created CSurf plugins.

I've got this here setup on my Novation Dicers to control plugin windows and track selections :
What I'd like to do:
Have the left Dicers buttons light up(only the little mode button lights up by itself) if there's a plugin in one of the first five plugin slot positions.

Currently I am using the Dicers as a simple control source, as it sends midi notes to activate the functions described in the illustration.

I would like those buttons to actually light up. This can be done with MIDI messages to the Dicer, which is the way to control everything else on it from afar as well.

I have a theory on how this could work, but it depends what CSurf plugins are allowed to do.

Question
Can a CSurf plugin pass along MIDI data to Reaper so it still functions as a control source, as it does now without a CSurf plugin ?
Thus I could have the CSurf plugin lighting things up, depending on certain conditions, such as plugins existing in plugin slot positions one to five, and just pass along all the midi data coming from the Dicers, i.e. my control messages, to Reaper.
The Request
Who can either write such a CSurf plugin, or perhaps help me setup the dev environment to do it myself ?

This is literally just checking whether the first of the currently selected tracks has plugins on it, and then
  • Checking whether the Green mode is active on the relevant Dicer.
  • if so, sending out five midi messages to the Dicers to set/clear the button LEDs with a specific colour.
Hi airon,

I really cant help with csurf creation, but u may be interested in this....

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=130579

post 13,

I think that might work? Using klinkes..or watever..csurf/post 13/dicer bidirectional conversion? Haven't really thought it all the way thru tho^^

Just sayin...^^

Guido
LugNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:50 PM   #3
airon

Thanks. I'll check it out.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #4
LugNut

Hi,

Took a look at the dicers midi spec.. i would think this would be totally doable.

If u install ,say, klincke's csurf, I know it sends the info u require..then the midimapper converts accordingly. Of course u have to put in the proper midi commands.

From the dicers is easy..assign to the actions buttons mode in klinkes..going back thru midimapper of course.

Guido
LugNut is online now   Reply With Quote