Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 04-08-2018, 06:39 AM   #1
Publicradio
Human being with feelings

Default Remove indentation rules from automation envelopes

I know how to remove folder indentation in a theme, using this line:

tcp_folderindent 0

However, automation envelopes, inside nested tracks, still inherit the indentation and try to apply it. How do I also remove the nesting indentation for envelopes?
Publicradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 12:52 AM   #2
Never

Quote:
Originally Posted by Publicradio View Post
I know how to remove folder indentation in a theme, using this line:

tcp_folderindent 0

However, automation envelopes, inside nested tracks, still inherit the indentation and try to apply it. How do I also remove the nesting indentation for envelopes?
You need to put the following bit of code (thanks to WT) into the rtconfig
file at the beginning of the tcp panel
layout..each one if your theme is using
a clear tcp.* wild card command...which
alot do. There is a way to tweak this
to make it do other fun stuff too...
see the SDK.

tcp_folderindent 1
set tcp.margin +:folderdepth:1 [-1 0 0 0]
set tcp.margin +:folderdepth:1 [0 0 0 0]
set reverse_margin * [-1] tcp.margin

The folder indent command only sets a number of pixels to be indented. Then
the TCP panel is marginalized (correct word?) accordingly.
What's happening here is folder depth is set to 1 px. Then, WALTER is detecting folder depth
(when and if) and then setting the
TCP panel's margin to a negative value to counteract the one pixel folder
indent; note that the tcp.margin
is being multiplied by -1.

Good God i hate the way this
forum interface formats text.

Never

Last edited by Never; 04-11-2018 at 01:00 AM.
Never is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:50 AM   #3
Publicradio

Thanks for the reply, Raven.I will give this a try tonight.

Since you seem to know a lot about theming, maybe you could help me with a couple other things. I want to shrink the height of the main toolbar, because I only have one row of buttons in it, but it won't go shorted than two rows. Do you know a command to set minimum width here?

Also, I want to remove the toolbar in the midi editor, or shrink it to 0. Do you know how to set this minimum height?

Thanks!

P.S. since you asked: 'marginalize' is not the correct word, because it means to push something to the margin, not to add margins.
Old 04-12-2018, 01:49 AM   #4
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Never. Sir. Dude. Look into my eyes, Listen to the soft clicking of the clock. You're feeling drowsy. Let yourself drift into pure relaxation.

Now. When you open your eyes, you will feel refreshed, happy and you will never use reverse_margin again.

.......aaaaand you're back in the room

...and now, thanks to an enterprising user who went on an archaeological expedition through some very old themes, I can present to you...

A brief history of reverse_margin bollocks

This vile and terrible creature was birthed into the world by ...er... me. Way back in the def4 theme, mere days after the Frankel declared "let there be WALTER". I wanted to be able to tell some elements on the TCP to react to folder depth, and some not, so I wrote a variable that I could attach to the elements I didn't want to move. And I called it reverse_margin. My intentions were pure. I didn't know my creature would go on a rampage. I swear I didn't knoooowwww.

The Def4 theme was released into a world where there were no other WALTER themes. I hadn't yet finished the WALTER themers' guide. Someone else made a theme, and his theme was very popular. His graphics were good but his WALTER was, understandably, a total mess. He used ALL of my x-alignment code, without understanding why, and because he wanted to replicate the old V3 indenting behaviour, he applied reverse_margin to all his elements. The result was the same as if he had used none of my x-alignment code.

Code:
wt_code set pick everything up and put it over there >>>
set anchor <<< pick everything up and put it back over there
set thing anchor thing
set thing anchor thing
set thing anchor thing
set thing anchor thing
set thing anchor thing
set thing anchor thing
set thing anchor thing
The end result was that his theme worked fine, and it was popular, and its WALTER was about 1000% easier to understand than that of the Def4 theme. People wanted to try out this WALTER business, so they based their code on his. And so, as a wolf howled beneath a blood moon, the creature was released onto the world. reverse_margin was ...unleashed. And before you knew it, it was everywhere.

In the years that followed, at first I was unaware of the evil I had created. It grew, it festered, and it infected themer's work with its wasteful, pointless and contradictory bullshit. It stayed in the shadows of their rtconfigs, and much time passed before the outer signs of infection were visible. People would ask WALTER questions, and themers would helpfully reply. They would pass on their hard learned lessons. "This is really complicated and difficult, but if you use reverse_margin it sort-of works out OK". These poor souls, I had doomed them to confusion. In a misguided attempt to be supportive, I didn't correct them. No one likes being corrected on the internet, particularly if they're trying to help someone, that's just rude, and I didn't want to be that guy. So I let it slide, and the beast grew in strength.

Years later, it has been discovered, a secondary infection emerged. The beast gave way to its own foul spawn. Themes where the actual code for reverse_margin itself was removed but the themer still attached the (100% non-functional) command to individual elements, like some kind of superstitious invocation. OMG.

Theming is hard, and WALTER can be complicated. reverse_margin makes it harder, more complicated, and is completely unnecessary.

reverse_margin is my creation. I want it dead. On more than one occasion, a reverse_margin user has got really angry when I've tried to explain this. Please, please, understand that I am its creator, and I know all its tricks and strategems, and they're all bollocks. Lets kill it. Kill it dead.

Right. So. Enough of this banter. Read this:

EVERYTHING you need to know about folder indenting if you're doing it from scratch

Old 04-12-2018, 01:55 AM   #5
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
I'd need to see the code. Are there any mentions of 'folderdepth' or 'maxfolderdepth' in there?

Quote:
I want to shrink the height of the main toolbar, because I only have one row of buttons in it, but it won't go shorted than two rows. Do you know a command to set minimum width here?

Also, I want to remove the toolbar in the midi editor, or shrink it to 0. Do you know how to set this minimum height?
The height of the main toolbar reflects the height of the arrange window ruler. Its not themeable.

The width of the main toolbar reflects the width if the TCP. You can theme the hell out of that, yes, but you do it to the TCP not the toolbar itself.

The sizes of things in the MIDI editor are not themable.
Old 04-12-2018, 03:14 AM   #6
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
These poor souls, I had doomed them to confusion. In a misguided attempt to be supportive, I didn't correct them. No one likes being corrected on the internet, particularly if they're trying to help someone, that's just rude, and I didn't want to be that guy. So I let it slide, and the beast grew in strength.

Years later, it has been discovered, a secondary infection emerged. The beast gave way to its own foul spawn. Themes where the actual code for reverse_margin itself was removed but the themer still attached the (100% non-functional) command to individual elements, like some kind of superstitious invocation. OMG..
Wow- after reading this i now know why they had the pillory and stocks- by not correcting these souls-you failed them.! lol wtf m8,honestly poor form,just not cricket.!
please whip yourself with 1000 lashes.
you could always make up for it by realeasing wt v.5 asap.- only then may you be forgiven to lead a fruitfull life.
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 03:24 AM   #7
Never

Quote:
Never. Sir. Dude. Look into my eyes, Listen to the soft clicking of the clock. You're feeling drowsy. Let yourself drift into pure relaxation.

Now. When you open your eyes, you will feel refreshed, happy and you will never use reverse_margin again.

.......aaaaand you're back in the room

...and now, thanks to an enterprising user who went on an archaeological expedition through some very old themes, I can present to you...

A brief history of reverse_margin bollocks

This vile and terrible creature was birthed into the world by ...er... me. Way back in the def4 theme, mere days after the Frankel declared "let there be WALTER". I wanted to be able to tell some elements on the TCP to react to folder depth, and some not, so I wrote a variable that I could attach to the elements I didn't want to move. And I called it reverse_margin. My intentions were pure. I didn't know my creature would go on a rampage. I swear I didn't knoooowwww.

The Def4 theme was released into a world where there were no other WALTER themes. I hadn't yet finished the WALTER themers' guide. Someone else made a theme, and his theme was very popular. His graphics were good but his WALTER was, understandably, a total mess. He used ALL of my x-alignment code, without understanding why, and because he wanted to replicate the old V3 indenting behaviour, he applied reverse_margin to all his elements. The result was the same as if he had used none of my x-alignment code.

Code:
wt_code set pick everything up and put it over there >>>
set anchor <<< pick everything up and put it back over there
set thing anchor thing
set thing anchor thing
set thing anchor thing
set thing anchor thing
set thing anchor thing
set thing anchor thing
set thing anchor thing
The end result was that his theme worked fine, and it was popular, and its WALTER was about 1000% easier to understand than that of the Def4 theme. People wanted to try out this WALTER business, so they based their code on his. And so, as a wolf howled beneath a blood moon, the creature was released onto the world. reverse_margin was ...unleashed. And before you knew it, it was everywhere.

In the years that followed, at first I was unaware of the evil I had created. It grew, it festered, and it infected themer's work with its wasteful, pointless and contradictory bullshit. It stayed in the shadows of their rtconfigs, and much time passed before the outer signs of infection were visible. People would ask WALTER questions, and themers would helpfully reply. They would pass on their hard learned lessons. "This is really complicated and difficult, but if you use reverse_margin it sort-of works out OK". These poor souls, I had doomed them to confusion. In a misguided attempt to be supportive, I didn't correct them. No one likes being corrected on the internet, particularly if they're trying to help someone, that's just rude, and I didn't want to be that guy. So I let it slide, and the beast grew in strength.

Years later, it has been discovered, a secondary infection emerged. The beast gave way to its own foul spawn. Themes where the actual code for reverse_margin itself was removed but the themer still attached the (100% non-functional) command to individual elements, like some kind of superstitious invocation. OMG.

Theming is hard, and WALTER can be complicated. reverse_margin makes it harder, more complicated, and is completely unnecessary.

reverse_margin is my creation. I want it dead. On more than one occasion, a reverse_margin user has got really angry when I've tried to explain this. Please, please, understand that I am its creator, and I know all its tricks and strategems, and they're all bollocks. Lets kill it. Kill it dead.

Right. So. Enough of this banter. Read this:

EVERYTHING you need to know about folder indenting if you're doing it from scratch

well thats awesome. I am an engineer and producer and I use what works and dont
sit on the boards all day long waiting
to answer questions and pounce on people
like a cat with my claws out and all I
do on here is praise you like a God and
yet everything I say you condescend
to me like I am a peion. Thats fine and
of course it is your right, and I am
sure that there are alot of little
things that are not perfect in terms
of etiquette in my work but my stuff
works and I have helped people and
in the end thats my aim. At least I
do not upload broken themes, and the
work I do is crisp and clean and does
not look to be scaled and rendered
in PS 5. And thats good enough for me.
I have only been around lately because
I am working on something new and
watching trends. I should stick to
doing what I do.. learning in my
spare time. And since I am not almighty
I will stop posting advice unless it
pertains to recording. I wonder how
many others here have done the same
for the same reasons...pity. and I do
not even post unless I see an unanswered
thread or one where someone has not
received sufficient solution.

Ever in your debt and of course
sincerest apologies,
Never
Old 04-12-2018, 05:05 AM   #8
Pashkuli
Banned

We all make mistakes or at least take the consequences as lessons.
It is good to know that our own creation could be improved or ruined by some really talented people.
You can see it in the game industry where fan Mods sometimes are far superior than the 'vanilla' release.

Look at Windows OS. I am sure its Core original coders have had a very long breaks in the bathroom looking at themselves in the mirror thinking... "I wish I could re-write this shit in another way."

Same applies to any software ever written.

And yes, most of the times it is less painful just to start everything from scratch and let it be.
Pashkuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:30 AM   #9
Publicradio

Thanks for the replies. I'm just modifying the HiDPI version of the standard reaper v5 skin.
Old 04-12-2018, 03:34 PM   #10
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
In a misguided attempt to be supportive, I didn't correct them. No one likes being corrected on the internet, particularly if they're trying to help someone, that's just rude, and I didn't want to be that guy.
... and if you want an example why ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never View Post
dont sit on the boards all day long waiting to answer questions and pounce on people like a cat with my claws out and all I do on here is praise you like a God and yet everything I say you condescend to me like I am a peion. ...And since I am not almighty I will stop posting advice unless it pertains to recording.
Someone once told you something very wrong, and I didn't step up to correct them. I can either apologise for failing you then, or I can apologise for correcting you now. Take your pick, but its one or the other.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:57 AM   #11
Never

Quote:
... and if you want an example why ...

Someone once told you something very wrong, and I didn't step up to correct them. I can either apologise for failing you then, or I can apologise for correcting you now. Take your pick, but its one or the other.
No apologies necessary and I understand your intentions are to help people and
I find it admirable and you have helped
me a great deal through past posts, I
just felt like your wit runs to the
offensive at times and I did not take time to put myself in your shoes and
consider that it is probably a full time
job in itself disspelling false info
and educating people for free, and of
course there is a definate gap in terms
of social situations...I think it is called the Atlantic..or the 'pond'...
and in my frustration I missed the part
about correcting users being rude.
I broke the number one rule in music:
know how to take criticism. So I
apologize.
Old 04-14-2018, 02:06 AM   #12
Never

Quote:
Originally Posted by adXok View Post
We all make mistakes or at least take the consequences as lessons.
It is good to know that our own creation could be improved or ruined by some really talented people.
You can see it in the game industry where fan Mods sometimes are far superior than the 'vanilla' release.

Look at Windows OS. I am sure its Core original coders have had a very long breaks in the bathroom looking at themselves in the mirror thinking... "I wish I could re-write this shit in another way."

Same applies to any software ever written.

And yes, most of the times it is less painful just to start everything from scratch and let it be.
Very true and a million heads are better
than one and thats what this forum and
WALTER is all about..I think. And when
I said things about broken themes and
poor rendering and blatant copying
or tweeking... which I didn't add..
I was speaking in terms of users cluttering
the stash and definitely not about any work specific to WT.
I want to clarify that so thanks for that post.
Old 04-14-2018, 04:30 AM   #13
Pashkuli
Banned

No worries, Never.
The good thing is that at least to me it seems like you are very passionate about what you like to do, tweak, edit, improve. That is the best part of being creative. Mistakes along the way are inevitable sometimes even a necessity in order to step up and correct them to achive something greater.

I think I have asked about this years ago in another post but since WT and you are talking about WALTER so my big pain all those years still is:

1. Is there a way to monitor Input signal in REAPER without Rec arming the corresponding track? (Use only the Monitor icon options only)

2. If [1.] is not possible then is it possible the Rec arm icon to be switched to some other icon when I right click on it and choose "Record: disabled (input monitoring only)"

to get reflected into this

or into this

The idea is to know visually which tracks are not going to be recorded (yes, I know I can see the label in the drop down panel but on the Mixer and in ther layouts those drop down menu label are not available but the Rec arm button is). Thanks!
Old 04-15-2018, 04:35 AM   #14
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
1. Is there a way to monitor Input signal in REAPER without Rec arming the corresponding track? (Use only the Monitor icon options only)
No, having to be armed to monitor is a Reaper requirement.

Quote:
2. If [1.] is not possible then is it possible the Rec arm icon to be switched to some other icon when I right click on it and choose "Record: disabled (input monitoring only)"
No.

But wait! Yes. Sort of.

"Record: disabled (input monitoring only)" is a state of the recmon button. So, if your design puts the recmon button next to the recarm button, you could 'overlay hack' (see the power of pink) it to cover the recarm button with a graphic showing its state (appearing 'record armed, but not really).

Don't forget that if you did this you'd also need to have recmon above recarm in your 'front' command.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:08 AM   #15
Pashkuli
Banned

Quote:

"Record: disabled (input monitoring only)" is a state of the recmon button. So, if your design puts the recmon button next to the recarm button, you could 'overlay hack' (see the power of pink) it to cover the recarm button with a graphic showing its state (appearing 'record armed, but not really).

Don't forget that if you did this you'd also need to have recmon above recarm in your 'front' command.
I hope Theme creators and editors take a good note of your comment on this. It always confuses me what track is going to have record audio data and what is not. A good visual representation (icon state) would be very welcome and appreciated.

I see many wrong or misunderstood things in new Reaper Themes, mainly on the editor|creator's end.
I can show metering scale being omitted (on the Master track) being non-responsive to its settings (right click, Peak + RMS). This makes it very unpleasant for such beautiful looking new themes.

INCORRECT (the scale stays the same) the theme is Logic NeXt 1.5.5
You can see only Peak scale, no RMS, offset value is not correct. Usless to work with such meters and scales.
Now I have to use third party Metering plugins to compensate.

CORRECT (the scale reflects the settings)
You can see how the 0dBFS of the RMS scale (outside meters) has an offset of -18dBFS from the Peak scale. That is expected and how it should react!

Last edited by Pashkuli; 04-15-2018 at 06:16 AM.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:05 AM   #16
Never

Quote:
I hope Theme creators and editors take a good note of your comment on this. It always confuses me what track is going to have record audio data and what is not. A good visual representation (icon state) would be very welcome and appreciated.

I see many wrong or misunderstood things in new Reaper Themes, mainly on the editor|creator's end.
I can show metering scale being omitted (on the Master track) being non-responsive to its settings (right click, Peak + RMS). This makes it very unpleasant for such beautiful looking new themes.

INCORRECT (the scale stays the same) the theme is Logic NeXt 1.5.5
You can see only Peak scale, no RMS, offset value is not correct. Usless to work with such meters and scales.
Now I have to use third party Metering plugins to compensate.

CORRECT (the scale reflects the settings)
You can see how the 0dBFS of the RMS scale (outside meters) has an offset of -18dBFS from the Peak scale. That is expected and how it should react!
Okay the theme your dealing with is Logic Next and I believe it is by Blankfiles which is AlbertXXX and his VUs are all hand drawn
graphics, the earliest of which are very hacked, not as in hacky, but just
tricked. There has been alot of debate on the boards about his VUs . People
want them accurate, because obvs its about doing music,
and doing it right, or else we would not be using REAPER.

This VU is from my current WIP 'Quantum'. It is a global standard MCP panel VU, and I screencap the factory VU, then underlay it in
photoshop, draw the scale over it...to the pixel...then mute the factory VU layer.So it will be accurate. Also, I have layouts where the factory VU and scale is useable...in all my themes. Aesthetic value or accuracy is your choice. So that in a nutshell is my take on that. I am wondering what your question is here for me as regards the recording process or....??? Did I miss something? sorry. Lemme know.

Edit: I see what your saying now....as regards the .pdf in other words....yes well Iknow whats happening in his themes.
I have torn his stuff apart extensively, and it helped me learn how to hack, but he lets REAPER do alot of scaling.
Not so much lately, but if you do all the graphics, then someone wants a change, and you have to redimension an element,
and they are breathing down your neck 'cause they donated $ for your theme, well, sometimes you might just let REAPER
rescale an element instead of going in and redoing the whole darn thing. I always do everything Px for Px. In PS and REAPER,
and redraw and redraw, IDC how long it takes. But the reason for the discrepancy in a nutshell is this:
From a technical standpoint, anyway....REAPER requires certain dimensions on the MCP_VU, and other VU related images.
multiples of 8px, and so, when your element is out of whack, it throws everything waaaay off, especially in an 8-slice image.

Last edited by Never; 04-16-2018 at 05:16 AM.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:19 PM   #17
Pashkuli
Banned

I am not even near to a beginner level with editing\creating themes.

And it looks that WALTER could be much more optimised and simplified.

It is pretty much quite disappointing and a waste of nice looking themes if they are not suited to correct representation of audio data (metering and connections).

I think button states and backgrounds for theme elements should be based on the corresponding Options (right-click) for that specific button or element of the theme (interface). 3 or 4 maybe 5 states but that should be the most important thing.

A good example could become the 'Rec arm' button (Rec audio, Rec MIDI, Rec output), the track as a Folder, as a Last in a Folder, normal track.

Next would be the arrangements for the different layouts.

Imagine test-driving a nice polished fancy car but the speed-meter or the fuel consumption meter showing incorrect values because the designers forgot to implement the meter scale or the button symbols. Not a very useful car.

Maybe I am over-simplifying it but that is just my lame opinion.

Last edited by Pashkuli; 04-16-2018 at 01:43 PM.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:11 PM   #18
cincikat69

Default ummmm...what?

@ Never

"Blankfiles which is Albertxxxx"

This is a false statement. They are not the same person. One lives in French Canada, and the other in the Canary Islands near Spain. They don't even speak the same language!
Old 04-16-2018, 05:12 PM   #19
Never

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikat69 View Post
@ Never

"Blankfiles which is Albertxxxx"

This is a false statement. They are not the same person. One lives in French Canada, and the other in the Canary Islands near Spain. They don't even speak the same language!
Ahh I knew I should not have said that. i retract and agree to this:
they are two different accounts.
sorry for the confusion
Old 04-16-2018, 05:35 PM   #20
Never

Quote:
I am not even near to a beginner level with editing\creating themes.

And it looks that WALTER could be much more optimised and simplified.

It is pretty much quite disappointing and a waste of nice looking themes if they are not suited to correct representation of audio data (metering and connections).

I think button states and backgrounds for theme elements should be based on the corresponding Options (right-click) for that specific button or element of the theme (interface). 3 or 4 maybe 5 states but that should be the most important thing.

A good example could become the 'Rec arm' button (Rec audio, Rec MIDI, Rec output), the track as a Folder, as a Last in a Folder, normal track.

Next would be the arrangements for the different layouts.

Imagine test-driving a nice polished fancy car but the speed-meter or the fuel consumption meter showing incorrect values because the designers forgot to implement the meter scale or the button symbols. Not a very useful car.

Maybe I am over-simplifying it but that is just my lame opinion.
No opinion is lame. And this is true
for the same reason that many options are repeated across different areas of the interface, and why many themes are
fancy or drab or technical or just plain weird. In the creative process, or the
workflow process, or in the hobbyist's
process there are different tastes, habits, and other considerations that
need to be accounted for. A great piece
of software is one that gives options
for every contigency, offers customizability, and has a somewhat
neutral default interface and menuset,
so as not to alienate a demographic.
A great theme is one that offers many
options that range from drab and flat
to exciting and multidimensional, giving a user the ability to choose, alike the
software, what he wants or does not
want to see or use. Some people do not
care about accuracy, they simply want
to push buttons and hear stuff, like a
hobbyist beat maker, for example. And
without people like this, who need people like us to make a viable,
saleable product, many great talents
and works would go unnoticed and
ansculpted, and unpublished. Alienate
no one, for this is art, and the next
virtuoso is fumbling his way around
a gui right now, not knowing that
a right click context menu for every
element even exists. Many young so
called producers that I know, are ignorant to the existence of the
SWS extensions, the action list,
or even a theme or the stash. They do
not even know about shortcuts. But
they are creating relevant material,
and are ready to learn, and spend $$$,
and this is business and art in
accord, and it's beautiful that Justin
sought out to create the most custom-
izable piece of audio software I have
ever used, and I have been recording
since the late 1980's. There are scripts
to alter REAPER in any way you want,
to make it the absolute alpha and omega
of any DAW we have ever used.
And I will never turn back. These are
my humble opinions. When I see something
that gives me a nervous tick, I just
wait for an FR or script or update,
and it always comes.
Cheers, Never
Old 04-16-2018, 06:12 PM   #21
Never

There are so many knoweledgeable
people here and so many are writing
scripts or on the dev team or are tied
to the creative process of the GUI
or are campaining for FR's and I am
usually the guy who says things that
end up being a little unpopular, but
I always have been; in any case there
are many more who are qualified to
answer questions. I do the things that
I do not because I am looking for
praise or recompense, but to give back
to a community I have gained
so much from. Everything is out of
gratitude because at the expense of
much of my time, my marriage, my
heartache, I can finally pursue my
passion and work unhindered by inferior
software and system crashes and freezes.

Any way I can help I always will.
Old 04-17-2018, 12:22 PM   #22
Pashkuli
Banned

That is great, Never!
Can see you are passionate about what you do and that is great.
I am not at all familiar with this WALTER thing or theme editing but i can see what can be improved... I just have no idea how to do it, mabe just explain what I see wrong. I love the simple but functional (and working) things.

I bought throughout the years several DAWs: Studio One, Samplitude, Reaper and Reason.

The prize for Best appearance GUI goes to Reason.
The prize for Best functional GUI goes to Studio One.
The prize for Best customisable* GUI goes to Reaper.
*to the point of totally making it almost meaningless but beautiful like a prom queen's appearance and speech.
The prize for Best Old-school GUI goes to Samplitude.