Old 12-14-2019, 06:07 AM   #1
GlowTone
Human being with feelings

Default REABORN 2 THEME

Hi All

I've been using the ReaBORN 2 theme (by Nick Moritz) which has been perfect for my workflow over the last few years. It really is clean and simple to use...and easy on these ageing eyes!

I noticed that on the original ReaBORN theme, the MCP panels are coloured, just like the TCP panels, but in ReaBORN 2 this has been done away with and only the top half is colour tinted. The MCP panels have remained grey in colour.

The original ReaBORN theme post:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....hlight=REABORN

ReaBORN 2 Theme post:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=109744

I was wondering if there is a way in which I can colour the MCP panels, just as they were in the original theme? I use set colours on all of my projects, so it would be a great help if I could adjust this feature.

I have searched through many posts on here, and notice that some say changes to the Reaper Config file have to be made, or even changes to the PNG images in the actual theme folder.

Any help would be much appreciated!

I have tried other themes over the years, and even toyed with the latest theme for REAPER V6, but at them moment I still prefer ReaBORN 2.

Thanks in advance!
GlowTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 12:33 PM   #2
PelF

I'd like to advise, but I'm not sure. I would try to change the values of mcp.trackidx in rtconfig. But I think in Reaborn 2, the selected track in the mixer is better highlighted.
Anyway, the Reaborn theme outperforms any other. I've tried other themes, but after eight years of using Reaper, I have to say that this theme is still absolutely the best!
PelF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 06:39 AM   #3
Tomas Ve

Quote:
Originally Posted by PelF View Post
Anyway, the Reaborn theme outperforms any other. I've tried other themes, but after eight years of using Reaper, I have to say that this theme is still absolutely the best!
I am also still using Reaborn, although FOMO is making me to try others. A really nice one was Funktional 1.09 (available here). Still I would like someone to bring Reaborn up to date with current Reaper features... at least to bring peace to my mind ,)

Last edited by Tomas Ve; 12-15-2019 at 06:39 AM. Reason: nicer URL
Tomas Ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 11:57 AM   #4
jp65535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas Ve View Post
Still I would like someone to bring Reaborn up to date with current Reaper features... at least to bring peace to my mind ,)
Add my vote for an update of the ReaBorn 2 theme.

I can't count all the hours I've spent trying new/updated themes, only to jump right back to ReaBorn 2 (Phoenix Mod 0_9_5).
(Just looked up "FOMO" ... Yup, that's me.)

And I have to agree, for me this is the theme that is easiest on my old eyes. And it works with my workflow.

*** Although, the themes by Lucas_LCS are drawing me in.
I really like the overall look of LCS_Mahina_SE. The TCP wave form area is a bit too dark for me, but man is that a beautiful theme! ***

Hmmm, a hybrid of ReaBorn 2 and LCS_Mahina_SE...
jp65535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 11:58 AM   #5
WolfJames

I would also love to see an updated Reaborn 2 theme. This should be the default theme for Reaper.
WolfJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 03:51 AM   #6
DJLuke

Same here, I tried many other themes....Reaborn (for me) stands out. An update would be great

BR

DJL
DJLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 05:31 AM   #7
GlowTone

Default REABORN 2 THEME

Thanks for the replies!

There are some great themes out there, and the amount of work and dedication that has gone into them is amazing.

It would be great if ReaBORN 2 could be updated a little, but like I said, I'm happy with it for now - though would love to be able to colour those MCP panels!

Thanks again!
Old 12-16-2019, 11:54 AM   #8
PelF

Strange is that the MCP's Reaborn 2 theme is also colored below (Nick Moritz screen) ...

but I have them all gray

Do you have it like this?
Old 12-16-2019, 04:06 PM   #9
GlowTone

Mine is the same as your first image - the instrument names have a coloured background.
Old 12-17-2019, 12:10 AM   #10
PelF

I found it. Options - Track Control Panels - Set track label background to custom track colors. It also affects the MCP label. Which is not good for me
Old 12-18-2019, 01:06 PM   #11
Luster

For me Reaborn 2 was the entry to accept Reaper GUI-wise. It's still the best balance between contrast, brightness and colour were needed to guide the eyes.
Since the last online update of my Phoenix mod I made some minor adjustments. If there is some interest I can upload the newest version.
For now I wanted to wait for some new features regarding theme development and the whole HiDPI topic to settle a bit. Spare time is limited and the amount of time needed to get a theme together is pretty high which is very demotivating.
Luster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 03:46 PM   #12
jp65535

A new version of the Phoenix Mod?
Heck yeah, I'm interested!

I do try to ask myself if I'm just reaching for that greener patch of grass on the other side of the fence; or do I really have a need for a new version.

But, if you have something you're willing to post, I game to give it a roll.
jp65535 is offline   Reply With Quote