Old 01-16-2019, 03:07 PM   #1
JJames
Human being with feelings

Default Panning not working - help!!

Hello all! I'm trying to mix a project and for some reason panning is not working.

When I pan center everything is fine, however if I pan 100% in either direction I get the audio coming up the center (verified with headphones) at about half the volume as when it's panned to center. The meters (both track and master) show that the audio has been hard panned however I still get audio through both channels.

I have verified that the master track is not in mono, pan laws are set to default, and none of the individual tracks are overriding the project settings for pan law. I am using the Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 and I have verified that the monitor outputs are routed properly as well- Mix 1 (left) to output 1, Mix 1 (Right) to output 2. I have also checked past mixes and they're all experiencing the same panning issue as well.

At this point I am completely stumped. If anyone has any suggestions I would be grateful.

Justin
JJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:46 PM   #2
Philbo King

Start by bypassing all effects, see if it changes.
Old 01-17-2019, 07:59 AM   #3
toleolu

I had the same problem with my Presonus interface, turned out there was a pan setting on the output channels in the software mixer, both were centered. Panned one channel left and the other channel right and that took care of it.

Also, the past mixes you mentioned that are doing the same thing now, has anything changed in your setup from when those mixes were working OK?
toleolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 04:36 AM   #4
RobjonWood

Default Only hear Audio when Panning left

Hi I only hear audio when panning left. I have no idea why. My master is set for stereo, I tried turning off the fx on the channel...hmmm
RobjonWood is offline   Reply With Quote