Old 09-09-2019, 09:52 PM   #1
Jeffsounds
Human being with feelings
 
Jeffsounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northeast Michigan
Posts: 2,968
Default Junior's Farm Cover

Did this a few years back (about 10!) and finally got around to putting real drums on it, with thanks to my friend Rami. Anybody hear anything glaring that needs fixing or tweaking?

Junior's Farm 24-bit WAV

Junior's Farm 24-bit V2.0



.
__________________
"Music is a fundamental human desire." - Mike Butera

Last edited by Jeffsounds; 09-11-2019 at 04:57 PM.
Jeffsounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:30 AM   #2
Jorgen
Human being with feelings
 
Jorgen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 5,170
Default

The arrangement is exactly how I remember it -- very well done indeed.

Wonder if Paul played the drums on this one. Sounds like his style.
Jorgen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:08 AM   #3
toleolu
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Sunshine and palm trees.
Posts: 905
Default

Excellent as usual Jeff.

Maybe bring the lead guitar level up a just a tad on the fill parts, have it stand out a little more. Of course that's probably me just being a biased guitar guy.

Rami's drum track is working out great for the cover I'm working on. Found the piano part for it online, just working on getting the piano to line up with Rami's drums.
toleolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 11:15 AM   #4
Jeffsounds
Human being with feelings
 
Jeffsounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northeast Michigan
Posts: 2,968
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgen View Post
The arrangement is exactly how I remember it -- very well done indeed.

Wonder if Paul played the drums on this one. Sounds like his style.
Thanks for the listen and the comment! According to the Wiki, Geoff Britton played drums on the studio version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toleolu View Post
Excellent as usual Jeff.

Maybe bring the lead guitar level up a just a tad on the fill parts, have it stand out a little more. Of course that's probably me just being a biased guitar guy.
Thanks! I'll give it another listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toleolu View Post
Rami's drum track is working out great for the cover I'm working on. Found the piano part for it online, just working on getting the piano to line up with Rami's drums.
Best of luck with the project!
__________________
"Music is a fundamental human desire." - Mike Butera
Jeffsounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 11:33 AM   #5
benf
Human being with feelings
 
benf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: France
Posts: 2,611
Default

Very good cover.
The guitars are not playing the good notes at 3'39 : you play G-G-G-E-D-C-D instead of G-G-G-F-E-C-D.
In my opinion, the guitars have to be more in front, except the rythm one that's need to be in the back. You should also put an EQ on all of them. I think the original guitar sound has more low medium.
__________________
Listen and download my music on https://benest.bandcamp.com/
benf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 04:15 PM   #6
Jeffsounds
Human being with feelings
 
Jeffsounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northeast Michigan
Posts: 2,968
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benf View Post
Very good cover.
The guitars are not playing the good notes at 3'39 : you play G-G-G-E-D-C-D instead of G-G-G-F-E-C-D.
Darn, I was hoping nobody would notice. Too late and too lazy to change it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benf View Post
In my opinion, the guitars have to be more in front, except the rythm one that's need to be in the back. You should also put an EQ on all of them. I think the original guitar sound has more low medium.
Thanks for the listen and the suggestions! There are actually two rhythm guitars with the fill guitar separate and they have all been EQ'd to a degree. I'm ok with it not sounding EXACTLY like the original. I kept the original arrangement but I didn't really try to copy, tone wise, everything else. And the original intro isn't twin guitars, it's a guitar and a synth played by Linda!!!!!
__________________
"Music is a fundamental human desire." - Mike Butera
Jeffsounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 03:40 AM   #7
benf
Human being with feelings
 
benf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: France
Posts: 2,611
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffsounds View Post
I kept the original arrangement but I didn't really try to copy, tone wise, everything else. And the original intro isn't twin guitars, it's a guitar and a synth played by Linda!!!!!
Well it's a cover, not a copy. Anyway, my opinion is the guitars are sounding too high eq'd, even for a cover.
I didn't know about the Linda thing on synth. Thanks.
__________________
Listen and download my music on https://benest.bandcamp.com/
benf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 04:58 PM   #8
Jeffsounds
Human being with feelings
 
Jeffsounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northeast Michigan
Posts: 2,968
Default

Ok, made a few tweaks based on a few comments from here and elsewhere it was posted. Update in OP.
__________________
"Music is a fundamental human desire." - Mike Butera
Jeffsounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 09:41 AM   #9
toleolu
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Sunshine and palm trees.
Posts: 905
Default

I think you nailed on V2.0!!

Were you using plugins or pedals for the lead guitar effect??
toleolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 10:25 AM   #10
Jeffsounds
Human being with feelings
 
Jeffsounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northeast Michigan
Posts: 2,968
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toleolu View Post
I think you nailed on V2.0!!

Were you using plugins or pedals for the lead guitar effect??
Thanks! I'm pretty sure I plugged into the Digitech GNX3 and then into the amp with a 57 for a mic.
__________________
"Music is a fundamental human desire." - Mike Butera
Jeffsounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.