Old 11-03-2018, 03:02 AM   #481
mrlimbic
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
Cool. Another building block for post production. Lightworks had a free version of their editor a few years ago. That probably does not include Reaper exporting, right ?
Yes. The free version doesn't allow exports of XML, EDL, RPP etc. That's why I need to get another NFR license from them to test. They gave me one before but it's expired.
Old 01-28-2019, 04:49 PM   #482
Swi

Default better sync options for synchronizing 2 Reaper DAWs

I am a film and TV composer who has used a second "Slave" DAW for picture for many years. This way I can cut cues from reel 2 to reel 5 very quickly and audition ideas all over the film without having to open up the writing DAW session.

I have been using the JS: vVIMTC Generator plug to send MTC from my writing DAW to my Picture DAW over ethernet using rtp midi. And this "sort of" works.

One of my issues is that I wish my picture DAW sync settings could be set to "sync to incoming time code" so it would behave normally when there was no incoming time code. Presently I have to turn sync off every time I try to play something from the picture DAW and then put it back into sync to continue writing with my writing DAW.

Also, as many of us know, MTC is not quite as solid as LTC. But using the SMPTE time code generator item that you have to set the start time in is simply unusable because if I need to sync something at bar 32 to an event in the video I then have to shift this time code item or open source properties and at that point there just is not point. I wish it would just match what is in the "Big Clock" automatically.

If I can see timecode in the "Big Clock" then I should be able to deliver this time code via MTC or LTC without a plugin. This should be an option to have on or off so when I change the time at bar 32 it simply shifts the timecode of the whole session to match. If there is an option for the smpte time code gen item to be automatically updated when I "Set timecode at cursor (frames) please let me know.

This is a crucial issue for working with synchronized systems.

I also wish that when I have my picture DAW in sync with my writing DAW, and I click to a spot with my writing DAW, the picture DAW would go to the same frame. This sort of works sometimes with the JS plug but not perfectly and not always. All the information is there in my writing DAW but it will not transfer to the other connected "Slave" DAW.
Swi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 05:09 PM   #483
Swi

Default Sync to Incoming time code

The other issue is that when I scroll around with my writing DAW my "Slave" picture DAW jumps back to the edit cursor location so I have to frame hunt on the "Slave" picture DAW.
Old 01-28-2019, 11:11 PM   #484
airon

That sounds bad.

If nobody shows up to help here, you may want to post this in the General forum. There are some other folks who use Reaper this way. I'm just not one of them. :\

Anyone else know how to sync two machines when editing ?

Justin, Schwa, can this be fixed ? You guys could do something custom to network multiple machines that works over the local network, if you haven't already, and we just haven't found it yet . Right ?

Sidenote, the new 5.966 pre1 has the new colossal video optimizations. Worth a look.
( + Video: add experimental option to aggressively update video when updating the arrange view )
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 10:16 AM   #485
Swi

Default Thank you

Many thanks airon.
I will do as you recommend.
Cheers,
Old 01-31-2019, 05:21 PM   #486
svijayrathinam

Quote:
That sounds bad.

If nobody shows up to help here, you may want to post this in the General forum. There are some other folks who use Reaper this way. I'm just not one of them. :\

Anyone else know how to sync two machines when editing ?

Justin, Schwa, can this be fixed ? You guys could do something custom to network multiple machines that works over the local network, if you haven't already, and we just haven't found it yet . Right ?

Sidenote, the new 5.966 pre1 has the new colossal video optimizations. Worth a look.
( + Video: add experimental option to aggressively update video when updating the arrange view )

Definitely some way of syncing up two reapers over network will be very helpful. Perhaps something like Avid's Video Satellite.
svijayrathinam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 12:09 PM   #487
Swi

Default Solved

Steve solved this for me here.
Thanks again to Steve.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=208220
Old 02-15-2019, 07:02 AM   #488
jalfk

just posted a post production feature request which I would be extremely trivial to implement but would make a TON of sense: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=217266

Ability to hide children in the region render matrix

I'm a professional mastering engineer BTW
jalfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 05:45 AM   #489
airon

And you got it in the latest pre-release.

5.972pre1 and up has that.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 02:54 PM   #490
plush2

And it is super useful. Thanks for the request.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:17 AM   #491
jayrope

Quote:
You can actualy copy/paste entire tracks from one session to another.

Open another instance of Reaper(File/ menu), load the session from which you'd like to copy tracks, select the tracks by (SHIFT+ or CTRL+ for multiple) clicking, hit CTRL+C(or whatever you set up as the copy function), change to the target session and hit CTRL+V to paste the tracks.

That's it realy and it works well.
Thanks a lot for this tip, @airon
jayrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 05:12 PM   #492
brostevens

Default Reatune

Allow users to be able to have control over how tuned each vocal part is, for instance, if one part of the vocal is worse than others, fix reatune where I can adjust reatune stronger for that part of a vocal, in the manual mode and for the rest of the vocal i can adjust the tuning to be lest affected
brostevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:09 AM   #493
jalfk

Firstly, the implementation of hiding children in the render matrix is absolutely fantastic, I am legitimately thrilled that that was implemented.

My ONLY OTHER feature request which I think is actually meaningful enough to be nagging about is fixing the release stage of ReaGate. I say "fix" because, if you read the threat I created on this feature request over 7 years ago, and scroll down to the pictures another user posted, you can see that ReaGate is almost unique among gates in that the release stage is very unnatural and linear sounding. Almost all other gates have a more exponential curvature to the release stage and the only gate which we ascertained having such a linear release is a specific setting on a gate which otherwise is exponential. This is a plugin I use a lot when I am mixing and it is other wise perfect. People complain about reacomp and other plugins but I use most of them frequently and they are good fantastic. But ReaGate is objectively broken and needs this trivial fix which I've been moaning about for 7 years. Would be nice if that was implemented, then I'm all out of feature requests for this decade because reaper rocks.

ReaGate thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=96904
jalfk is offline   Reply With Quote