Old 05-04-2019, 10:59 AM   #41
EvilDragon
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalker View Post
In this cae the first note is the longest one
Ah, but it's an open question either way, since we don't see where the note ENDS are
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 12:16 PM   #42
robgb

Love the new CC lanes. Much better than the previous attempt at envelopes. The drawing is very smooth and intuitive.

I would, however, like to see them behave a little more like envelopes by allowing reduction of points and automation items. Not sure if that's even possible.
robgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 12:26 PM   #43
EvilDragon

Reduction of points is possible with a script (juliansader wrote one, IIRC), and automation items... that's probably asking for trouble.
Old 05-04-2019, 12:38 PM   #44
robgb

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Reduction of points is possible with a script (juliansader wrote one, IIRC), and automation items... that's probably asking for trouble.
I believe the reduction of points script is only available in the main editor not the midi editor. I can't seem to find it in there.
Old 05-04-2019, 12:39 PM   #45
EvilDragon

As I said it's a script. You can find it via ReaPack.
Old 05-04-2019, 12:41 PM   #46
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
Your're mostly right ED, however if you click just ahead of the longest it will still select the one before it. However, it appears that if you click beyond the velocity to the right it will then select the longest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalker View Post
In this cae the first note is the longest one
Whaaaaat???????????????
Old 05-04-2019, 01:26 PM   #47
Commala

What do people think of having the velocity lollipops become bolder when selected, in addition to changing colour? As it is, I'm having a bit of trouble seeing the selected lollipops, because the theme I use prioritizes the constancy of note colour, meaning that it does not use a change in the brightness of the colour of the note or the lollipop to denote selection. Instead, it changes the interior of the note to black and the note outline becomes coloured. Because the lollipops do not follow this convention of interior/outline, it makes it difficult to see whether they are selected or not.

Therefore, what I suggest is to have the way the lollipops are currently displayed (with a double thickness stem) instead apply only when they are selected, and when they are unselected to have the lollipops with a single thickness stem.

Any takers?
Commala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 01:35 PM   #48
EvilDragon

Hmmm, potentially as an option only.
Old 05-04-2019, 01:41 PM   #49
Commala

Quote:
Hmmm, potentially as an option only.
Is this because with high resolution displays, a single thickness stem is becoming too thin to see properly?
Old 05-04-2019, 01:51 PM   #50
EvilDragon

No I don't care much about HiDPI, I care about shapes not changing in the way you care about color not changing.
Old 05-04-2019, 02:35 PM   #51
Commala

Ahh, interesting point of view I had not previously considered

Other implementations I would suggest that could work for the velocity lollipops:

Shape-changing:
- have the heads of selected lollipops expand in size

Non-shape-changing:
- have the lollipops correspond to the midi note colour map in a different way, whereby the head and the stick portion are coloured according to the interior/outline of the midi colour map respectively when unselected, and when selected having both head and stick correspond to the interior only. This would allow the entire lollipop to be coloured when selected, while only the head would be coloured when unselected.

There is definitely alot of flexibility in the midi note colour map, and I would implore the devs and other users to pause here to consider whether it's possible to find a way that works for both the default paradigm (where notes/lollipops which are unselected are dimmer, and brighter when selected) as well as the "Lamda/black interior when selected" paradigm that I am advocating on behalf of. It is found in Lamda themes as well as my Default Commala theme mods, and perhaps others, and I personally find it very attractive and effective, and I hope that the implementation of colouring for these lollipops will afford the flexibility required to allow consistent themeing for a variety of approaches such as these. I believe there must be a way for this to work for both.
Old 05-04-2019, 02:54 PM   #52
vitalker

Quote:
Whaaaaat???????????????
What I said! It takes the first note.
SoundCloudFR: True Non-destructive GLUEAll the REAPER names
vitalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 03:47 AM   #53
xpander

Quote:
when selecting adjacent velocities that have the same velocity, it should select the closest preceding velocity, not the first.
That could be better than how it behaves now. Right now, when clicking on velocity line with the same velocity value for multiple notes, the note at the current cursor position which has the earliest starting point will get selected.

So like shown in your image, there could be several notes/velocities which cannot be selected from the velocity line. User must first either select the note or do a marquee selection on the lollipop.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 06:24 AM   #54
robgb

Quote:
As I said it's a script. You can find it via ReaPack.
Not finding it in ReaPack... Will keep looking
Old 05-05-2019, 09:21 AM   #55
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post

So like shown in your image, there could be several notes/velocities which cannot be selected from the velocity line. User must first either select the note or do a marquee selection on the lollipop.
I think when you click on the bar, the closest previous velocity should be selected.