Old 05-19-2019, 01:51 AM   #1
Random Noise
Human being with feelings

Default Align Item Height In Track

I'm new at this so please forgive, and any assistance would be much appreciated. I'm trying to align item heights inside a track. In the example image, the item filled the track height like usual. Then for some unknown reason it shrunk to half the height and if I click above it, it changes color and sometimes doesn't play, even though the track itself is not muted. Only the item is muted.

This is probably some sort of feature that might be useful, but I would like to restore the item height to match the other items in the track So far, I haven't found a way to do that. In the example you can see that the intro item is normal size. Then the following item is only half that size. Any help on this would be much appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ItemHeigh-01at.jpg (26.9 KB, 41 views)
Random Noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 04:20 AM   #2
solger

The second Item contains 2 Takes (indicated by the 'Take 2/2' at the top). More info here: https://www.reaper.fm/videos.php#ilX2FOyu_Ts

One option is to select the second Take in the second Item and then using Take > Crop to active take (accessible via the Right-Click or Item main menu).
Old 05-19-2019, 11:30 AM   #3
Random Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by solger View Post
The second Item contains 2 Takes (indicated by the 'Take 2/2' at the top). More info here: https://www.reaper.fm/videos.php#ilX2FOyu_Ts

One option is to select the second Take in the second Item and then using Take > Crop to active take (accessible via the Right-Click or Item main menu).
Thank you solger! Done :-) I used that track to do several takes in attempt to get it more or less right, and was just assuming that when I deleted ( or didn't save ) the item ( take ), that it just made a new one and overwrote the other. Now I know how to properly use this useful feature. I wish the forum had an upvote or like feature for you because this one little thing just saved me another hour of fumbling around trying to figure it out myself.

Last edited by Random Noise; 05-19-2019 at 01:05 PM.
Random Noise is offline   Reply With Quote