Old 04-22-2019, 02:08 AM   #81
siniarch
Human being with feelings

Sad to see that progress for this stopped, but understandable that people have other responsibilities.
siniarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 01:16 PM   #82
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by siniarch View Post
Sad to see that progress for this stopped, but understandable that people have other responsibilities.
Hopefully its stopped, because Cockos have implemented eugen2777's editor within Reaper v6.0!?
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 02:08 PM   #83
Bri1

Quote:
because Cockos have implemented eugen2777's editor within Reaper v6.0!?

heh- well i guess at least cockos need not ask permissions for use..

r.6 would be a better powerhouse for it imo-- gathering all the most intelligeant scripts to date-making all the most effective and musically based ideas= totally native....it's a no brainer..no? =)
things like arps/slides/glides/legato etcetcetc...all native as standard higher qaulity toolbox for quick and easier mode starting points to musical pieces...
at least 1 tuned instrument for complete beginners+advancing users alike..(piano? why not? efficient ogg samples? why not?)

ohh^ seems like a whole list of requests could be made..but
who makes the requests?
and who implements them?
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 01:23 AM   #84
Dafarkias

Default Good stuff

Just tried this script out on a project and the results were great. Horizontal zoom/scroll would be nice, also the ability to enter an number-based bit value for a sample would be really cool.

I'd love to poke around the beta Waveform editor.

Sent ya a PM regarding this script and potential continuation of its development.
Dafarkias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 02:21 AM   #85
buckman

Can this do destructive editing in the Editor so we can trim up samples in there, and they reflect within Reaper?

Not sure how it works exact?
Old 05-13-2019, 08:48 AM   #86
Dafarkias

I know I'm not the OP but I think I can possibly answer a question or two: Yes it does "destructive" editing so copy the item beforehand if that's an issue. Also, for me, v. 1.2 updates all changes immediately to Reapers visuals.

I used this script to assist in the bug testing of a "multi-track zero-cross" I'm currently working on and it was a great help. I even poked around at the code to see how the OP designed the script, and well, it's an impressive machine.

He uses an actual Lua 'write' function to update the actual audio file directly, instead of using the typical Reaper functions as a middle man.

Impressive stuff. I for one would like for development to continue on this particular script.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:08 PM   #87
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dafarkias View Post
I know I'm not the OP but I think I can possibly answer a question or two: Yes it does "destructive" editing so copy the item beforehand if that's an issue. Also, for me, v. 1.2 updates all changes immediately to Reapers visuals.

I used this script to assist in the bug testing of a "multi-track zero-cross" I'm currently working on and it was a great help. I even poked around at the code to see how the OP designed the script, and well, it's an impressive machine.

He uses an actual Lua 'write' function to update the actual audio file directly, instead of using the typical Reaper functions as a middle man.

Impressive stuff. I for one would like for development to continue on this particular script.
This does re-affirm that this sounds impressive.

Sorry for not catching up on the last few posts, but whats the status of downloading this and using it from now on with Reaper?

is it available? or is it an intended v6.0 release?
Old 05-15-2019, 12:34 PM   #88
Dafarkias

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
This does re-affirm that this sounds impressive.

Sorry for not catching up on the last few posts, but whats the status of downloading this and using it from now on with Reaper?

is it available? or is it an intended v6.0 release?
Out of curiosity, do you have some kind of information that leads to an assumption that this/or a similar feature is being released with v6?

Personally I would be through the roof if this were the case, but I've been perusing these forums quite often lately, it seems, and haven't ever heard anything yet to date about a new sample editor.

It seems like OP went on a programming/scripting hiatus, but if you're asking if this code/script is still good and current; rest assured it worked quite well when I tried it out recently (Its pretty bare-bones though, doesn't have alot of the functionality that OP intended to add).
Old 05-21-2019, 07:39 AM   #89
hardrubbish

Hey all,
I was watching this thread a while back until it went quiet.
Sample editing has been something I've been hoping would be overlooked by the non-destructive side of the Reaper project for years...
I've just noticed some new posts here, so figured it wouldn't be necroposting.
I thought that it might be some incompatibility with newer Reaper versions, but sounds like it's still working for others. I haven't had any luck getting the script to work.

I've tried both the lua file and creating a lua file in textedit (I'm on a mac) from the source code provided, but always get this spitting out when I run the action:

gen_SampleEditor.lua:7: unexpected symbol near '<'

I hope someone might be able to shed some light on this.

Thanks in advance...
hardrubbish is offline   Reply With Quote