Old 05-19-2019, 08:23 PM   #641
magicchord
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRMJP View Post
Looks nice overall. I'd love to see this more in-line with the Mojave Dark theme, or perhaps also a dedicated dark theme once things get sorted out.

It's already a shade darker than the 5.0 default but some areas are still painfully bright/white like the headers of the windows (transport, main window, floating FX etc) as well as the backgrounds too all the files in item properties.

See attachment.

(humongous image that stretches out the entire page)
Dude! I still do a lot of surfing with a 1024 X 768 screen! Stop with the huge images, please!!
magicchord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 08:30 PM   #642
_Stevie_

Just use the Reaper 5 HTML theme, pictures will be resized.
Old 05-20-2019, 12:53 AM   #643
Garrick

looks splendid!!
Garrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 03:39 AM   #644
+NRG

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
This is the answer! B)

Bottom left of the forum page...
Old 05-20-2019, 05:25 AM   #645
nofish

Quote:
There seems to be a lot horizontal space wasted in Reaper 5 HTML theme though compared to Reaper 3 HTML theme.
Full width screenshots:

Reaper 3 HTML theme
https://i.imgur.com/x2R0unO.jpg

Reaper 5 HTML theme:
https://i.imgur.com/qEwQeMO.jpg

edit:
OT here, sorry, but maybe this could also be addressed for Reaper 6 HTML theme (if there will be one)
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 05:45 AM   #646
MRMJP

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicchord View Post
Dude! I still do a lot of surfing with a 1024 X 768 screen! Stop with the huge images, please!!
I will refrain from providing any feedback on this forum. People on this forum are total bitches. Sorry for ruining your forum experience because you choose to use a small screen size. How inconsiderate of me. I should have checked with you first.

Can I get you a refreshment? Back massage? Need anything while I'm at the grocery store?

Is this better?

Last edited by MRMJP; 05-20-2019 at 05:56 AM.
MRMJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:02 AM   #647
_Stevie_

Sorry for OT but I'm with MRMJP. It's 2019 and screens are getting bigger. Please let's face the future a bit.

@nofish, yeah I agree. That's why I always zoom in to have the full screen width.
Maybe v6 could take care of that.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:52 AM   #648
MaXyM

It's not about display size, but about netiquette too. Even in said 2019, not every one is constantly connected to high speed network, uses high resolution device all the time. Also FUP still happens. Besides of this, there are people who are just not interested in a sub-topic the pics are related to. So why to bother them?

More sad is, that in mentioned 2019, people are lazy and/or ignorant to know that there is an easy way how to attach clickable thumbnail which would satisfy all the parties.
To achieve that, you have to combine url and img tags like this:

You have to replace {} by []
Code:
{url=url_to_original_image}{img}url_to_thumbnail{/img}{/url}
BTW Limiting text column width (like in Reaper 5 HTML theme) is a consequence of using wide monitors. Simply has been figured out that reading text arranged into narrower column is more easy to our eyes because they don't need to swipe from one side to another. Also, since more text might fit single line on a wide monitor, a lot of paragraphs turned into single line. In consequence we end up with multiple single line paragraphs, separated by space. It's obvious it doesn't look nice.

Last edited by MaXyM; Yesterday at 12:10 AM.
MaXyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:12 AM   #649
Breeder

You know what...old project colors really are crazily bright, but I think I'm starting to like it. It has that "neon feel" Cubase had for me and I really liked that. Makes you feel you're in a spaceship and I mostly do music for spaceship travel

The only thing I'm afraid is eye/mind fatigue in the long run...This is what I like about default 5, you can use it for hours without fatigue. It is quite an accomplishment when you think about how many elements there are in a general DAW program. I find that grayish hue is really easy on the eyes, but it still doesn't encompass your whole vision with one big grey color (like ableton live does).

However, track names being in track color when not record armed really doesn't help with visibility. I would personally pick white text color for track name regardless of other conditions.

Also, notes names in MIDI editor seem too dark to me, can be hard to read at times with dark background

I feel this theme will end up looking beautifully once it's production ready. White Tie, please don't get discouraged by negative feedback, it's all feedback after all, right ;D
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:48 AM   #650
JamesPeters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeder View Post
old project colors really are crazily bright, but I think I'm starting to like it.
The only thing I'm afraid is eye/mind fatigue in the long run...
I find that grayish hue is really easy on the eyes, but it still doesn't encompass your whole vision with one big grey color
Did you try the feature of the script that dims the colors for the entire project?

Also you can now choose whatever hue and lightness of color you want. If you want the tracks to be a little bit grayish, you can just set a color palette to have those colors and use them.
Old Yesterday, 07:04 AM   #651
gappie

ive been playing around with the new skin the last week. i have a problem when in the theme adjuster>mixer control panel, i choose "extend with side bar" when track armed. it will extend on armed and unarmed tracks. same is true for the other choices too, like narrow form, or when choosing "if track not armed"

gab
gappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:38 AM   #652
Reno.thestraws

Quote:
In my opinion, you could get rid of everything that's already available through a simple right-click on the Record button. That's how I do it anyway, it's faster for me. I just right-click, monitor the input, select the input and activate the Record state. It's a one-click stop.
Hell no, because. Swipe!
Reno.thestraws is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:41 AM   #653
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
Did you try the feature of the script that dims the colors for the entire project?
I did and it looks good, but the moment you switch to another theme, you have to correct it again. I can't work like that cause I switch themes all the time (got 8 of them setup to work with my templates) to keep the blood pumping. So for now, Default 6 is my neon-colors-go-to-theme
Old Yesterday, 10:47 AM   #654
magicchord

Quote:
Thank you for your HELPFUL reply.
magicchord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:51 AM   #655
JamesPeters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeder View Post
I did and it looks good, but the moment you switch to another theme, you have to correct it again. I can't work like that cause I switch themes all the time (got 8 of them setup to work with my templates) to keep the blood pumping. So for now, Default 6 is my neon-colors-go-to-theme
If I change themes, I usually have to change colors. So this is nothing new for me.
Old Yesterday, 12:28 PM   #656
ramses

Quote:

Also you can now choose whatever hue and lightness of color you want. If you want the tracks to be a little bit grayish, you can just set a color palette to have those colors and use them.
This whole procedure seems very convoluted and backwards to me. I pick colors that I want to use, I don't pick them in order to dim/change them at a later stage. We need to be able to actually use the colors we actually choose, this should be a core feature of the standard theme.
ramses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:07 PM   #657
JamesPeters

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramses View Post
This whole procedure seems very convoluted and backwards to me. I pick colors that I want to use, I don't pick them in order to dim/change them at a later stage. We need to be able to actually use the colors we actually choose, this should be a core feature of the standard theme.
I have tried to pick the colors I want to use with the Default 5 theme (and some others) but am not able to. With this Default 6 alpha theme, I can pick the colors I want to. They are actually what I pick, not a greyed-up or dimmed version of it.

The dimming function of the script has limited usefulness to me, unless I'm switching from another theme which has brighter colors chosen (which end up "washed-out" such as in the Default 5 theme). If I load a project with colors chosen for Default 5, they'll be too saturated etc. in Default 6 alpha. That's when I might want to use that feature.

The same can be said for lots of other themes. Sometimes the colors are bright, sometimes dark, sometimes saturated, sometimes less saturated.

Whenever I've edited a theme, I've made it such that I can color the tracks more accurately--such as in the Default 6 alpha theme.

I wouldn't consider the dimming function very important. But it's nice for transitioning a project that was made in Default 5 (or some other theme which has the colors more greyed-out etc.)

Last edited by JamesPeters; Yesterday at 01:51 PM.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:26 PM   #658
SubbaseDnB

personally i never liked the default themes.But for the first time i actually like working in this default theme.

really looking forward to see and work with this when its finished
SubbaseDnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:28 PM   #659
SubbaseDnB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubbaseDnB View Post
One Thought would it be possible to be able to hide some elements in the mixer unless a track is selected?just like we can in the track panels?

small bump on thoughts on this?
SubbaseDnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:41 PM   #660
ramses

Quote:
I have tried to pick the colors I want to use with the Default 5 theme (and some others) but am not able to. With this Default 6 alpha theme, I can pick the colors I want to. They are actually what I pick, not a greyed-up or dimmed version of it.
Sure. It's great that the theme retains the colors we actually pick. This is not the problem. The problem is that they are way overfeatured (IMO), covering the entirety of the track panels, making it difficult to pick out selected tracks, etc, unless you go ahead and dim them all down again.

I would wager the absolute majority of users pick bright, primary colors for their tracks, like I do, intense blue (drums), deep red (bass), whatever. Colors are a sorting mechanism first and foremost.

I wish WT would go ahead and try minimizing the areas that get colored on track panels, and turn these areas into cleverly positioned colorstrips instead. It would make the theme much more cohesive and completely negate the need to fiddle with dimming/washing out bright and distinct color choices.
ramses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM   #661
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramses View Post
I wish WT would go ahead and try minimizing the areas that get colored on track panels, and turn these areas into cleverly positioned colorstrips instead. It would make the theme much more cohesive and completely negate the need to fiddle with dimming/washing out bright and distinct color choices.

This is a good idea - playing with elements instead of the background. The less colors, the more stronger you can make them without over-saturating the senses. So the theme would keep the neon-look but it would be less "in-your face" and probably be less fatiguing