Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 05-18-2019, 08:27 AM   #1
Dafarkias
Human being with feelings

Default Dfk Item; Time Selection; Find and Create Zero-Crosses (Multi-Track Zero-Cross)

Hi! Just wanna provide a script I've been working on in my spare time lately.

Don't use it!

...there I said it.

In any case, if you do, just know that I'm not going to be held responsible for anything; including but not limited to, your PC exploding under your desk. Or on top of you desk in my case, being that it is a laptop.

Regardless of whether you use this script or not, let me just copy paste the instructions and description included in the script itself because I hate typing and thinking and breathing and just about everything except...*

FOREWARNING: It is imperative to the success of this script that while running, no other actions, processes, edits, or selections are made in Reaper. In short, Reaper needs to remain idle until completion.

DESCRIPTION: This script is intended to do the following:
(A) Find the point/position (sample) in which multiple audio tracks conjunctively contain the lowest signal point in a time selection of audio (which will hereafter be reffered to as the "zero-cross"). The script can either end after completion of this step, or continue on to §(B).

(B) (OPTIONAL) Assign Pre-FX Volume envelope points at the zero-cross of all selected items, with two taper points. This Pre-FX Volume envelope adjusts the
tracks' "zero-cross" points to be, in fact, true zero-crosses.
INSTRUCTIONS:
(1) Select the time-selection where you want to find/create zero-cross points (This script is somewhat slow, try to choose (very) small sections of time).

(2) Select the items that you want to find & create aligning zero-crosses in.

(3) Run script.

(4) Enter amount of "fade" that you want on each side of envelope zero-cross points. Measurement is in regards to divisions of a measure (For example: entering "4" will create fades with length of 1/4th of a measure; entering "500" will create fades with length of 1/500th of a measure). Alternatively, entering "0" in the input box will bypass the envelope placement portion of this script, and will culminate by placing the edit cursor at the "zero-cross" point of the tracks.

(5) (ESSENTIAL) Make yourself a cup of tea. Ensure that it has the proper levels of honey/milk; or even lemon, if you prefer.

NOTE: This script may take a few minutes depending on the number of tracks and the length of time selected. Ideally, choose as short of a time selection as feasible and the script should run fairly quickly (100ms time selection of 10 audio tracks took my PC approx. 3 minutes to process).

------------------------------------------------------------------------
This script requires SWS/S&M 2.10.0 and js_ReaScriptAPI .987
------------------------------------------------------------------------

*extra curricular activities

Edit: 5/18/19 Instruction Clarification
Edit: 5/19/19 Title Adjustment

Update: 5/19/19 Re-worked the formulation of undo-handling after a bit of trial-and-error. Script now operates creating only 1-3 undo points, depending on activation.

Last edited by Dafarkias; 05-19-2019 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Clarity
Dafarkias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 08:52 AM   #2
vitalker

The video doesn't work.
SoundCloudFR: True Non-destructive GLUEAll the REAPER names
vitalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 08:59 AM   #3
Dafarkias

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalker View Post
The video doesn't work.
Thanks!

I was actually in the process of re-posting the video...

Should work now, I think?
Dafarkias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 09:31 AM   #4
vitalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dafarkias View Post
Should work now, I think?
Works now.
SoundCloudFR: True Non-destructive GLUEAll the REAPER names
vitalker is online now   Reply With Quote