Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 04-24-2018, 10:19 AM   #361
Superfly76
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleyoop View Post
Hi guys, I haven't been using Faderport very long.
The Off button in Fader Mode doesn't work for me. It doesn't light up, doesn't latch and doesn't disengage the fader.
Read, Write and Touch work fine, but the fader is always active on the selected channel(s), which of course is easily bumped accidentally.
Any tips on how I can fix this?
Presonus support just points me back to this thread

The off button doesn't work like that in Reaper. It simply turns the automation mode to "off" in the track. Meaning, that it no longer reads any written automation. The off button doesn't turn the actual motorized fader off. That would be unexpected behavior for most of us. If you are worried about bumping faders, then I'd suggest unplugging the faderport when not in use.
Old 04-24-2018, 05:46 PM   #362
Superfly76

My mistake. It doesn't disable the automation lane in that track. Rather, it turns automation into Trim/Read mode. In this mode any recorded automation plays back, but the fader becomes a trim fader for that track. Good way to boost a track by say, +2db while maintaining any automation that's been written.

And yes, the off button doesn't light up in this mode with reaper.
Old 05-12-2018, 05:38 AM   #363
endorka

Default FX Mode not working with TDR Nova GE

Hello folks,

I have the TDR Nova dynamic EQ, Gentleman's Edition (GE). The Q and FREQ controls on individual bands don't respond properly to the fader when in FX Mode. The GUI controls move the fader, but the fader does not move the GUI controls properly. All controls apart from Q and FREQ work as expected.

Has anyone else tried Nova GE with FX Mode? I've contacted TDR support and they're keen to help figure this out.

Nova Standard edition works fine, by the way.

Update: TDR have been able to replicate the behaviour, and are working on a fix.

Cheers!
Jennifer

Last edited by endorka; 05-13-2018 at 04:06 AM.
endorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 04:10 PM   #364
vtr

Default Faderport 2 (2018) version

THE NEW 2018 FADERPORT 2 is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfvgQpFXBXg

Anybody else have one?

Last edited by vtr; 08-23-2018 at 03:11 PM.
vtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 01:57 PM   #365
funkle

Hey all

I just bought a Faderport Classic and now have it up and running using this driver. Very neat.

I'm rather a noob with this device and Reaper. I've worked out what most of the buttons are mapped to and had a look at the *.ini file and some of the old threads. Also mapped a few things in the ini file now.

Although I can click into automation lanes for pan, various fx parameters, etc, I can't work out how to get the Faderport to actually write automation for parameters in the selected lane.

I can use the buttons to enable the various modes - write, latch, touch, off, and the respective toggle states for these buttons - but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the fader to control the active automation lane. I've made sure to arm just that automation lane for recording, clicked into fx mode with SHIFT + BANK, chosen 'write' as the automation mode....

Can anyone help? Is there a simple 'Reaper Faderport User Manual' anywhere that I'm missing? I really only bought this so I could write fx automation lanes...

With thanks.

Pete
funkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 07:57 AM   #366
funkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judders View Post
I figured it out eventually! It was a mixture of read/write mode, envelope focus and which envelopes were set to record. It was just a bit complicated after being used to super-quick midi learn with cc faders & knobs.

Having the transport controls alone is sooooo nice! Very happy with my purchase
Hey mate. Can you enlighten us as to how you got fader control of automation lanes working?
Old 09-25-2018, 01:19 AM   #367
funkle

Anyone?
Old 09-25-2018, 01:40 AM   #368
G-Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkle View Post
Hey mate. Can you enlighten us as to how you got fader control of automation lanes working?
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...54&postcount=3
and arm for parameter.
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 11:26 AM   #369
funkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Sun View Post
Thanks. I had read that but will try it again.

In essence, though, it isn't possible to simply click on an automation lane and control it with the fader?

Pete
Old 10-02-2018, 12:12 PM   #370
funkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkle View Post
Thanks. I had read that but will try it again.

In essence, though, it isn't possible to simply click on an automation lane and control it with the fader?

Pete
I'll answer my own question. It appears not.

.................................................. .....

Can I ask if it is possible to develop the ability in the driver to click on an automation lane and have the fader map to automagically control it?
Old 10-20-2018, 02:25 PM   #371
FriscoSam

Default FaderPort2 - 2018 version - separate discussion

Hey all,

Don't mean to hijack, but I've started an active discussion about the single-fader FP2
model here:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....68#post2048068

I recently purchased One and I'm working through the integration into Reaper v4.78.

Those who are configuring the classic model should continue on with the suggestions in this thread.

Jack
FriscoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 04:48 PM   #372
PHem

Just wanted to leave a little thank you!

The Faderport was pretty much useless for me before I started using Reaper. I was seriously considering throwing that thing in the bin. You made it an invaluable mixing tool for me now, so thanks very much!
PHem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 10:24 PM   #373
Ben Zero

This driver got my Faderport Classic working so nicely with REAPER - huge thanks to the devs!

One question - is it possible to enable the "fader pan" mode that's in the original/default driver? This is where you press Output and the fader works as the pan pot (it's much nicer to use than the actual stepped pan pot).

This is the only thing missing for me in this custom driver - I can't see how to do it. Any ideas would be hugely appreciated.

Big thanks

Ben
Old 01-02-2019, 03:21 AM   #374
Equal

Does anybody know if there is (or wil be) support for Linux!?

Last edited by Equal; 01-04-2019 at 01:21 AM.
Equal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:58 AM   #375
vincentruhl

I know that there are a lot of threads, but I still can´t get my Faderport Classic to work with REAPER. Here´s the problem:

When I open up the program settings in REAPER and click on "add", the controller mode is available, but the MIDI Inputs and Outputs for the Faderport are not there. My computer also says that there is no driver for Faderport. But I have installed the Universal Control by Presonus and it shows me that I have connected the Faderport. So what do I have to do to get this thing to work?

Thanks a lot!
vincentruhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 03:00 AM   #376
Krischan81

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentruhl View Post
I know that there are a lot of threads, but I still can´t get my Faderport Classic to work with REAPER. Here´s the problem:

When I open up the program settings in REAPER and click on "add", the controller mode is available, but the MIDI Inputs and Outputs for the Faderport are not there. My computer also says that there is no driver for Faderport. But I have installed the Universal Control by Presonus and it shows me that I have connected the Faderport. So what do I have to do to get this thing to work?

Thanks a lot!
Which firmware version are you running? Have you tried updating to the latest version? (Settings -> Update Firmware)
Krischan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 05:06 PM   #377
evh1972

I have faderport working but I can't get the footswitch (m-audio sustain pedal) to do anything. Have I done something wrong?

ini file
C:\Program Files\REAPER (x64)

dll
C:\Program Files\REAPER (x64)\Plugins

Thanks In Advance
evh1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 03:00 PM   #378
b0se

Thanks for this, works a treat (FP Classic). Pan knob fixed also, wasn't expecting that.
b0se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 12:24 PM   #379
b0se

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Sun View Post
Could someone explain this to me as if I were a 5 year old? :¬)

Having difficulty getting it working (using fader on automation lanes other than track volume).

Last edited by b0se; 02-17-2019 at 12:42 PM.
b0se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 08:31 AM   #380
upside24

Quote:
Originally Posted by inertia View Post
Haha dammit, I need to remind myself that the XT thread is for the single volume Faderport.

Geoff will be adding the FP8 midi commands while the device is set in Studio One mode meaning all the buttons will be usable for future use in Reaper. Using MCU mode has a limited number of buttons. I assume to remain compatibile with the Mackie Controller.

You can test if all the buttons are assignable by going to the action list and pressing the buttons while editing an actions keypress. If you get a response from the controller it will appear in the shortcut text box. You can quickly test all your buttons and assign them to a custom action in the interim.
Wait, what? So, I should be using my FP8 in Studio One mode while using the CSI stuff that Geoff and Company have created?
upside24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 06:55 PM   #381
Noisy Chairs

Default Faderport XT not showing up in Control Surfaces

Hey, hey I've read this entire goddamn thread and can't figure out why the Faderport XT driver won't show up in my list in Prefs Control Surfaces. I've placed the .ini and .dylib files in the correct places, and updated firmware. I kept finding ppl with similar problems to mine, but the fixes that worked for them just aren't working for me. I'm on a 10.13.1 Mac running Reaper 5.971 64bit. This is driving me batty! I wanna automate some goddamn FX parameters!
Noisy Chairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 02:25 PM   #382
Noisy Chairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Nimaj View Post
Getting to and using FX Mode

First enable/add the line FADER_CONTROLS_FX=1 to your ini file.
You don't have to restart reaper either, press SHIFT+STOP+PLAY (shift latch doesn't matter here) if it worked, the three lights will flash. (This button combination reloads the ini file, updated your button mappings)

Then, press SHIFT (and hold, if shift latch isn't enabled) + BANK. The BANK button will begin to blink and if you currently have a track selected with TrackFX, the fader should jump to the value of the first plugin's first param.
Shucks, I just spent hella time getting the Reaper Preferences to recognize this driver. It does finally, but now I can't get this thing to go into FX Mode using this method. I checked my .ini file, and it is indeed written as described above. Nor will Shift+Stop+Play make it blink. Any thoughts why I can't get to FX Mode?
Noisy Chairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 01:41 PM   #383
1Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noisy Chairs View Post
Shucks, I just spent hella time getting the Reaper Preferences to recognize this driver. It does finally, but now I can't get this thing to go into FX Mode using this method. I checked my .ini file, and it is indeed written as described above. Nor will Shift+Stop+Play make it blink. Any thoughts why I can't get to FX Mode?
I have just reinstalled mine after upgrading computers, and I had to delete the "Non-XT" Control surface before the XT one would work properly. Having done that I hold shift + Bank and it indeed does start blinking. Then I open a plugin sand select a knob with my mouse and the Faderport jumps right to that parameter. When finished hit [Shift + Bank] another time.
1Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 06:02 PM   #384
Alleyoop

Default Faderport loses contact with Reaper

If I don't use Reaper for a few weeks my Faderport Classic loses contact with Reaper. It's happened two or three times before, but this time I can't seemt to reconnect it despite updating my firmware and deleting any copies in the Control Surfaces Tab.
The clue is, similar to a poster above, that the MIDI in and MIDI out drop downs are blank.
What does that suggest that I've failed to do or have done incorrectly?
Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Presonus Faderport.JPG (25.1 KB, 366 views)
Alleyoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 06:12 PM   #385
Alleyoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly76 View Post
The off button doesn't work like that in Reaper. It simply turns the automation mode to "off" in the track. Meaning, that it no longer reads any written automation. The off button doesn't turn the actual motorized fader off. That would be unexpected behavior for most of us. If you are worried about bumping faders, then I'd suggest unplugging the faderport when not in use.
Thanks for that.
My solution to accidental bumping was to make a tiny volume automation adjustment, ( a four point minus one and back to zero) at the very beginning of each Channel. That way, when Read is selected the volume is basically locked. In order to make changes you need to select Write or Touch. Sounds like a lot of trouble to go to but I mostly work off Templates, so once it's done it's done.
Alleyoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 10:50 PM   #386
klouk

Default faderport V2

any idea for the Faderport V2 in mac ?
klouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 04:54 PM   #387
poetnprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by klouk View Post
any idea for the Faderport V2 in mac ?
I wish so too! I just got a used FP2, and I also have an old FP1. The 2 is so pretty and I love the soft buttons, but it doesn't work for sh.t here.

I just stumbled on this XT thing...WOW! it's perfect, thank you to all who contributed. I couldn't even get the amazing CSI thing to work with the faderport 1 or 2, but this works very well and is a perfect companion for a vocal booth. if only it works for the FP2, but it's still perfect for my needs.
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 12:13 AM   #388
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
I couldn't even get the amazing CSI thing to work with the faderport 1 or 2,
CSI is constantly evolving and is supposed to be able to digest close to any Midi based Control Surface. Did you re-try the latest version ?

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 10:03 AM   #389
mlprod

Trying to customize my track automation modes here, using of course action IDs.

The write and touch modes seem to work fine when assigned to a button on the faderport, but trim/read and sometimes Read does not work properly. I cant select trim read at all, it just jumps to read instead, and if pressing a trim/read again, nothing happens.

Any ideas?
Old 09-14-2019, 10:05 AM   #390
karbomusic

^Not sure. I haven't touched that code since I handed it off to The_Nimaj.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:56 AM   #391
klouk

It doesn't work for me.
I did the operation correctly (I think ;-)
FaderportXT appears as driver
I choose Presonus FP2 midi in&out
nothing append.

what could be the problem ?
klouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 02:39 PM   #392
mschnell

You did not tell Reaper that the thing is to be used to control Reaper.

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 08:49 AM   #393
dimovich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equal View Post
Does anybody know if there is (or wil be) support for Linux!?
Works fine using Wine, but would be nice to have native support. Any news on this front?
dimovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 05:37 AM   #394
turntable

Default Ini file

Hi for some reason changes to the INI file do not seem to update my faderport. I can even move the ini file out of the resource folder and it still functions?

Thanks

Lea
turntable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 05:56 AM   #395
karbomusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by turntable View Post
Hi for some reason changes to the INI file do not seem to update my faderport. I can even move the ini file out of the resource folder and it still functions?

Thanks

Lea
Is it possibly loading the default faderport extension that comes with Reaper?
Old 04-17-2020, 10:36 AM   #396
turntable

Yes it must be, no idea how to change it though!

thanks again

Lea
Old 04-17-2020, 10:37 AM   #397
karbomusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by turntable View Post
Yes it must be, no idea how to change it though!

thanks again

Lea
When assigning the control surface in control surfaces (prefs), you select FaderportXT in the dropdown. If FaderportXT isn't in the drop down then reaper isn't seeing it.
Old 04-17-2020, 02:01 PM   #398
turntable

Hi yes it’ is showing in the drop down menu as an option
Old 05-22-2020, 09:00 AM   #399
DutchDoctor

Hey everyone, I've just come back to my Faderport after a few years and checked in on the development of this plugin. Someone finally figured out FX paramater automation! So happy. What a complete package now.

For those of you who are still having trouble getting the newer features to work such as FX automation, or getting the INI to even register properly... You probably made the same mistake I did.

reaper_csurf_fpxt.ini goes into the resources folder for reaper. (For me it's the root directory.)

reaper_csurf_fpxt64.dll goes into the "UserPlugins" folder.

They must be seperate.
Hope this helps.
DutchDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 01:38 AM   #400
BartR

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Nimaj View Post
There was a bug where if you used FX mode while touching automation, it would overwrite automation already in the lane. This has been fixed and touch mode should behave as expected.

A few cosmetic adjustments:
The STOP, PLAY, and SHIFT buttons will blink a few times to confirm that the ini was reloaded.
If you attempt to enter FX mode but the plugin hasn't detected any valid plugins, the Bank light will blink (rapidly) to notify you and then shut off (maybe).

Additions
The pan knob can now be assigned several different functions.
There are two new options named PAN_MODE and PAN_MODE_SHIFT in the ini. They can be set to 3 options.
0 = The Pan knob will operate as a pan knob
1 = The Pan knob will scroll through tracks
2 = The pan knob will trigger actions (that you can assign, read below)

Assigning and using custom Pan Actions
Four more options in the ini file are included:
Code:
ACTION_PAN_LEFT=40104
ACTION_PAN_RIGHT=40105
ACTION_PAN_LEFT_SHIFT=41666
ACTION_PAN_RIGHT_SHIFT=41667
These work just like the buttons, assigning PAN_MODE to '2' will trigger ACTION_PAN_LEFT/RIGHT and assigning PAN_MODE_SHIFT to '2' will trigger ACTION_PAN_LEFT/RIGHT_SHIFT while shift is down.

NOTE: The pan knob is still bound to the PAN_MIN_TURNS option!

This makes your pan pot much more powerful. I made it this way mainly because I couldn't find a reliable way to use the pan knob as a jog wheel, so the actions assigned above are SWS actions that seek 1 or 10 pixels respectively.

The download link has been updated.
Since I discovered this, I'm using it. And really a lot. I couldn't imagine this before :-)
Thank you so much for this effort
BartR is offline   Reply With Quote