Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 01-12-2019, 08:57 AM   #1
Virtuoso
Human being with feelings

Default Plugin "xxxxxxxx.dll" executed invalid operation during scanning

Hi everyone,

I am getting an error with one of the plugins (Transfuser 2) on my Windows 10 system. I installed the plugin, but when Reaper scans for new plugins it gives me the error "plugin transfuser.dll executed invalid operation during scanning". This plugin is part of a pack of several other plugins, all of which work fine apart from this one. I have many other plugins and have never had any problems with any of them. I have tried various things, for instance installing the files into various different locations and different partitions. I've tried the 32 bit and 64 bit plugins in the relevant versions of Reaper. No matter what I try it gives the same error. I've seen that a few other people have had the same issue in the past with other plugins and I haven't been able to find a definitive answer as to how to fix this. It's particularly annoying as the main reason I bought this pack was to get Transfuser 2, but it's the only one that won't work!

Any help/advice would be appreciated

Thanks
Virtuoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:07 AM   #2
ivansc

Hi and welcome to the forums! Looks like several other DAW platforms are experiencing an assortment of issues with Transfuser 2.
Might be worth asking Airwindows and seeing what they have to say.
I assume you are using the very latest version of it?
Also, it`ll be worthwhile doing a full clear/rescan in reapers VST window, as a basic rescan will not re-look at any "reported failed" plugins again unless you do a full clear/rescan.

Incidentally, just in case you are a newbie to Reaper and all this stuff, dont forget to download the free user guide and check out the excellent free Video tutorials at Reaper.fm
Old 01-12-2019, 09:50 AM   #3
Virtuoso

Hi, and thank you for the warm welcome.

I've tried doing a full clear cache/rescan and it doesn't solve the problem unfortunately. As far as I'm aware it's the latest version that I have, its the only version available for me to download from Plugin Boutique where I bought it from. I've also had a few online chats with AIR support which have so far proven unsuccessful, which is why I've now decided to ask here to see if anyone can shed more light on the subject in general. Fingers crossed!
Old 01-13-2019, 03:44 PM   #4
ivansc

Second basic "checking it out " step would be to download reaper again & reinstall it only this time check the "portable Install" button when you run the installer. This makes a shiny new reaper on your C:\ drive all within its own separate folder & leaves your original installation intact.
If you ONLY install that Plugin Boutique plug and it no longer misbehaves, you have discovered the source: Something you either deliberately or accidentally changed in your original setup that you need top find and fix.
Worth a try...
Old 01-19-2019, 08:33 AM   #5
Virtuoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Second basic "checking it out " step would be to download reaper again & reinstall it only this time check the "portable Install" button when you run the installer. This makes a shiny new reaper on your C:\ drive all within its own separate folder & leaves your original installation intact.
If you ONLY install that Plugin Boutique plug and it no longer misbehaves, you have discovered the source: Something you either deliberately or accidentally changed in your original setup that you need top find and fix.
Worth a try...
Thanks a lot for that suggestion, but unfortunately it didn't work. This is really frustrating!
Old 01-19-2019, 09:28 AM   #6
ivansc

So to be sure I understand you:
You have downloaded the latest Reaper, started the installer .exe and checked the "Portable Install" box before allowing it to actually install reaper.
You then started a new project IN THE PORTABLE version without adding your plugin paths & any customisation you already did and ran the empty project.
And then you just added the path to, and scanned for, that Plugin Boutique plugin & Reaper behaved exactly as before? Same error message?