Old 01-14-2021, 09:05 AM   #1
Mcgiver69
Human being with feelings

Default Superfly Delay FREE

New delay plugin for Linux.

Download and Enjoy here!
https://superflydsp.com/index.php/20...elay-freeware/

They have other Linux products like Wah, Phaser, Chorus & Tremolo. For that look here!

https://superflydsp.com/
Mcgiver69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 08:23 PM   #2
Glennbo

Thanks!

I grabbed 'em all. Can't have too many native Linux plugins. The Tremolo plugin sounds nice on guitar.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 11:51 PM   #3
wastee

They UI looks like the game Monument Valley. Nice look. Thank you for sharing it.
wastee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 03:30 AM   #4
shosty

Thank you, hadn't seen these before.
shosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 11:54 AM   #5
RainyDaze

Downloaded them all to my laptop but unfortunately for me...

/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by ./FlyingPhaser.so)

..and it seems, the rest of them.

I only have GLIBC 2.27 and what I've seen about updating/upgrading that would lead me to believe I'd be better off with a more recent version of Mint or another distro.

I recently installed AVL-MXE to my desktop so as soon as I get a chance I'll try them on that.

Update - my version of AVL-MXE has GLIBC 2.28 and the plugs don't show up

Last edited by RainyDaze; 01-18-2021 at 08:42 AM. Reason: tried plugson AVL-MXE but no joy
RainyDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 10:31 PM   #6
PMan

I'm running Ubuntu 20.04 - The plugins are working great here.

I guess that's the "thing about Linux" the libraries that plugins use are different versions on different distros.

I picked Ubuntu because it's pretty standard or mainstream, but I still have some issues (I think they are hardware related).

Still happy to be running Linux native!
PMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 11:14 AM   #7
ufug

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyDaze View Post
Update - my version of AVL-MXE has GLIBC 2.28 and the plugs don't show up
I was having the same "not showing up" issue and it turned out not to be related to dependencies at all.

After downloading I had moved just the .so files into ~/.vst3 (as I am accustomed to), but turns out I had to move the entire unarchived folder there before Reaper could see them.

These are solid plugs. They sound great & look great.
ufug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 04:01 PM   #8
RainyDaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufug View Post
I was having the same "not showing up" issue and it turned out not to be related to dependencies at all.

After downloading I had moved just the .so files into ~/.vst3 (as I am accustomed to), but turns out I had to move the entire unarchived folder there before Reaper could see them.

These are solid plugs. They sound great & look great.
Thanks for the input. Tried archived, un-archived, .so in .vst and .vst3 but in my case it definitely looks like a dependency issue.

Downloaded the Fircomp vst3 from this thread https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=247942 and it shows up fine. I have that one in my .vst folder and no probs. Run the ldd command on it and there's no dependency issues, run it on the Superfly plugs and I'm coming up short.

Like PMan says its just one of those things with Linux but I'm also very happy to be using Linux and more to the point, Reaper on Linux
Old 01-21-2021, 06:28 PM   #9
JamesPeters

This is one of the reasons I'm using Manjaro. It's quite up-to-date so I'm not having issues with missing dependencies. It's also not so "bleeding edge" that I'm having any serious problems (just a couple minor bugs which were resolved fairly quickly).

Of course whatever distro you're using will probably be updated reasonably soon anyway. So you might not need to do anything to get the plugins working, if you're willing to wait a bit.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote