Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 01-14-2021, 03:03 PM   #12361
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleslaw View Post
Another thing: Im replanning my desk and workflow right now and want to loose my keyboard and touch the mouse as less as possible. For this im planning my actual Artist Transport + Mix + several sizes of xkeys (https://xkeys.com/xkeys/keys.html) which are unbelieveable great i think. The point is, they are also not supported by csi, right? Only OSZ, MIDI and Eucon. Would it be a big thing to add it to CSI? Im not a programmer, but the company seems commercial, but they seem to have a very open source mind: https://xkeys.com/technology.html
Here's what I use, it communicates via midi, and hopefully, will last a long time, since it's made to be beat on like drum pads -- it also has CSI colour support.

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...ostcount=10873
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 03:04 PM   #12362
Coleslaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Once it's working, and I have a better understanding of the effects, I do plan on creating a Eucon FX mapping page on the Wiki. Can't speak to whether you'll prefer the new way versus the old way, but at least the documentation will exist to explain how.

+

If you want to select multiple tracks, it works right now using another surface with a Shift modifier. So you can hold shift on your other surface, then select a track on the Artist Mix, and it will create a track range selection. Doesn't work with the shift key on the Artist mix itself though. Is that what you're expecting?
Hey Funkybot,

its cool that youll do an fx mapping page on the wiki. For now, it was very hard to see even IF Eucon will be implemented more in the future without checking all sites of this thread which is nearly impossible. Also the wiki didnt give more information (beside the blank "Eucon-Folder" was established in November ).
But it seems ive found the perfect time to jump into the thread. Im now very happy with the old EuconBeta on my StudioPC and follow the progress EuCon CSI on my laptop. Im not in a hurry at all.

Btw. I liked the old map-editor. It was easy to use and functional. I like to sort my fx parameters in folders there. Looking forward with what you come up in csi.

Of course it wouldnt be bad to have the track range selection via the surface itself for now, but in the long-term my ideal solution would be to have 4 modifiers (xkeys) to my left and my right hand (2x4). That would be a real workflow killer.
Coleslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 12:06 AM   #12363
siniarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleslaw View Post
Another thing: Im replanning my desk and workflow right now and want to loose my keyboard and touch the mouse as less as possible. For this im planning my actual Artist Transport + Mix + several sizes of xkeys (https://xkeys.com/xkeys/keys.html) which are unbelieveable great i think. The point is, they are also not supported by csi, right? Only OSZ, MIDI and Eucon. Would it be a big thing to add it to CSI? Im not a programmer, but the company seems commercial, but they seem to have a very open source mind: https://xkeys.com/technology.html
Another one to look at for keyboard is this:
https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/stream-deck-xl

I used to have a regular keyboard which worked really well:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Except for the fact that I used Modifiers for all the keys. So each key had mostly 4 functions each, and it was difficult to remember what they all did and had to print very small labels to try and remember. If I didn't use some keys for some time, then it was always a pain to remember and trying to look at the small print and decipher what each one meant.

Eventually I got the StreamDeck XL and that became easier: (here are my two profiles)

Now, I'll be honest. The Koolertron keyboard was easier to use without looking because the keys resemble a keyboard and have a better (easier) action than the streamdeck, but the flexibility of the streamdeck wins over the other keys. So, I'm keeping the StreamDeck.

Geoff's solution also looked tempting and a great one. I just wanted something smaller on my desk.

Best of luck.
siniarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 09:00 AM   #12364
Geoff Waddington

Thinking about Takeover...

It would be much easier syntactically if we can hardwire the display Action.

Given this:

Code:
    DisplayLower| TrackNameDisplay
    Fader| TrackVolume
We could do this if we hardwire:

Code:
    Takeover+DisplayLower|+Fader| TrackVolume
which would imply using TrackVolumeDisplay for the display takeover.

Similarly:

Code:
    Takeover+DisplayLower|+Pan| TrackPan
would imply TrackPanDisplay for the display takeover.

Following this pattern:

TrackWidth implies TrackWidthDisplay.
FXParam implies FXParamValueDisplay, etc.

This cuts down on the zone file verbosity and internal parsing.

I can't think of a use case where we would want something different than the obvious display counterpart to the Action.

Thoughts, suggestions welcomed.
Old 01-15-2021, 10:02 AM   #12365
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
I can't think of a use case where we would want something different than the obvious display counterpart to the Action.

This all makes sense to me I can't think of a use case where it would be something other than the value associated with the action.

To be clear, this no longer has anything to do with Touch, right? The takeover happens when the control is moved and CSI sees the value change.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 10:18 AM   #12366
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
This all makes sense to me I can't think of a use case where it would be something other than the value associated with the action.

To be clear, this no longer has anything to do with Touch, right? The takeover happens when the control is moved and CSI sees the value change.
Yes, exactly.

Takeover happens when you move the surface control -- but is not engaged when adjusted by mouse, envelope playback, etc. -- only the you physically move the surface control.

Probably will have a little timer built in so that it holds the display for a second or so after value change ceases to keep the display from jumping around too much.
Old 01-15-2021, 12:14 PM   #12367
Funkybot

Hi Geoff, I only used the takeover in very simple use cases that are already covered above, so I'm good with it. I think a 2 second hold would be perfect.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 01:26 PM   #12368
simonluca

Quote:
Originally Posted by siniarch View Post
Another one to look at for keyboard is this:
https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/stream-deck-xl

I used to have a regular keyboard which worked really well:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Except for the fact that I used Modifiers for all the keys. So each key had mostly 4 functions each, and it was difficult to remember what they all did and had to print very small labels to try and remember. If I didn't use some keys for some time, then it was always a pain to remember and trying to look at the small print and decipher what each one meant.

Eventually I got the StreamDeck XL and that became easier: (here are my two profiles)

Now, I'll be honest. The Koolertron keyboard was easier to use without looking because the keys resemble a keyboard and have a better (easier) action than the streamdeck, but the flexibility of the streamdeck wins over the other keys. So, I'm keeping the StreamDeck.

Geoff's solution also looked tempting and a great one. I just wanted something smaller on my desk.

Best of luck.
I also own a Streamdeck XL and never looked back. It speeds my workflow by AT LEAST 20% because I can configure a lot of shortcuts without the need of remember them. Reaper Action concept is perfect for it.
SL
Old 01-15-2021, 02:31 PM   #12369
Musiccreator

Default faderport8

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonluca View Post
I also own a Streamdeck XL and never looked back. It speeds my workflow by AT LEAST 20% because I can configure a lot of shortcuts without the need of remember them. Reaper Action concept is perfect for it.
SL
Please help set up the integration with Faderport 8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz9O...ature=youtu.be
Musiccreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 03:09 PM   #12370
Coleslaw

Quote:
Here's what I use, it communicates via midi, and hopefully, will last a long time, since it's made to be beat on like drum pads -- it also has CSI colour support.

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...ostcount=10873
Hey Geoff. Thanks, that looks good. But i already had a launchpad in my setup. Im also running the Web browser interface with WRB and also OSC, but for me the xkeys are looking like the final solution*. Very solid, fantastic haptic and perfomance. A good way to label the caps and you can also order high quality, custom made caps (https://xkeys.com/xkeys/accessories/...edlegends.html).

Very usefull to make the perfect custom layout. Im planning to have 80 keys to my left hand between artist transpot (left) and artist mix (right). Another 40 keys above the trackball of my right hand and a 2x20 bar above my artist mix to add fx, select fader groups, color items/tracks and toggleopen windows (routing matrix, marker manager, track io and so on).
Clean layout by leaving out keys.
With this i can have nearly every funktion in reach without using many modifiers. But modifiers also possible. If i need to access commands not very often i have them accessible via WebRemoteInterface and can change pages (hopefully) via xkeys (i have a plan b in case it doesnt work).
Ive also had a look at the streamdeck before, but thats really what i want to have.

Last edited by Coleslaw; 01-15-2021 at 03:12 PM. Reason: *never say final solution
Coleslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 03:10 PM   #12371
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musiccreator View Post
Please help set up the integration with Faderport 8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz9O...ature=youtu.be
Musiccreator, when you open the CSI preferences, click on the word Homepage to see the surfaces. Also the Faderport v2 file you selected is for the one channel Faderport not the 8 channel faderport. You may be better off trying the Faderport16 files.

And let's try to keep the discussion here:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....port16&page=14

...please, there's no need to cross-post in a bunch of different threads asking for help with same issue.
Old 01-16-2021, 04:37 AM   #12372
Cragster

Quote:
Thinking about Takeover...

It would be much easier syntactically if we can hardwire the display Action.

Given this:

Code:
    Fader| TrackVolume
We could do this if we hardwire:

Code:
    Takeover+DisplayLower|+Fader| TrackVolume
which would imply using TrackVolumeDisplay for the display takeover.

Similarly:

Code:
    Takeover+DisplayLower|+Pan| TrackPan
would imply TrackPanDisplay for the display takeover.

Following this pattern:

TrackWidth implies TrackWidthDisplay.
FXParam implies FXParamValueDisplay, etc.

This cuts down on the zone file verbosity and internal parsing.

Will this be possible?
Code:
DisplayUpper| FXParamNameDisplay
DisplayLower| FXParamValueDisplay
Takeover+DisplayLower|+Fader|FixedTextDisplay "SomeText"
Sorry Just giving this one last try.If not possible or too much of a headache it's no worry
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 04:42 AM   #12373
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragster View Post
Will this be possible?
Code:
DisplayUpper| FXParamNameDisplay
DisplayLower| FXParamValueDisplay
Takeover+DisplayLower|+Fader|FixedTextDisplay "SomeText"
Sorry Just giving this one last try.If not possible or too much of a headache it's no worry
Unfortunately, no.

Takeover relies on a control (e.g. Fader) changing a value (e.g. TrackVolume).

In the use case you show, you satisfy the first condition (Fader) but the Action FixedTextDisplay causes no value change.

Still trying to think of a way do implement your use case, but must admit, so far coming up empty...
Old 01-16-2021, 05:46 AM   #12374
Cragster

Quote:
Unfortunately, no.

In the use case you show, you satisfy the first condition (Fader) but the Action FixedTextDisplay causes no value change.

Still trying to think of a way do implement your use case, but must admit, so far coming up empty...
Thanks Geoff. Like I said no worry. CSI still everything I could ask for.
I know absolutely NOTHING about programming or what you have to do to make CSI work.but is it possible to say....CSI listens to Reaper pretty much and is tied together with Reaper. Is there a way to also tie CSI to the computer itself ? Like maybe map a button to the computer itself for more display capability. You press a button or move a control on the surface and a little window or box opens up on the computer screen itself for a few seconds or how ever long you want it to display with what ever info or text you want displayed.that would sure solve the problem of surfaces with no display at all.
Like I said I know NOTHING about this stuff. But it sure sounds cool. Even if it is just me dreaming of a feature that might be impossible.
Thanks Geoff
Old 01-16-2021, 06:01 AM   #12375
Cragster

I might have explained that wrong. I know what I mean I'm just not sure I explained that in a way it makes sense. Was just something I was thinking of. Moving on nothing to see here lol
Old 01-16-2021, 07:01 AM   #12376
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
I might have explained that wrong. I know what I mean I'm just not sure I explained that in a way it makes sense. Was just something I was thinking of. Moving on nothing to see here lol
I get what you said, and it does make sense, have considered something like that before, but it does have several challenges
Old 01-16-2021, 07:06 AM   #12377
Geoff Waddington

It turns out that auto filling the offset parameter for surfaces is more difficult than anticipated.

I still think the feature is totally worth it for things like @Funkybot did for a Midi Fighter Twister display.

And don't forget that the default offset of 0 is fine if you only have one surface.

The only time non-zero offset comes into play is if you have more than one surface.

What say you good folks ?

Last edited by Geoff Waddington; 01-16-2021 at 07:15 AM.
Old 01-16-2021, 07:43 AM   #12378
Funkybot

Quote:
It turns out that auto filling the offset parameter for surfaces is more difficult than anticipated.

I still think the feature is totally worth it for things like @Funkybot did for a Midi Fighter Twister display.

And don't forget that the default offset of 0 is fine if you only have one surface.

The only time non-zero offset comes into play is if you have more than one surface.

What say you good folks ?
I think it makes it a bit more complicated for New users but some big bold text on the wiki could help. But does it break existing multi-surface setups?

Would revisiting the idea of "default offset equals zero, use a negative offset (example: -8) to mirror" potentially help? This way nothing changes anywhere for multi surface setups unless you want mirroring.

Example: you have an 8 channel surface without displays and an iPad using the TrackNavigator trying to create displays for surface 1. How do you get the second one to show what's on the first? Subtract 8. Don't want that, everything stays at zero. It's an offset from how CSI currently assigns channels and it's just subtracting behind the scenes. I still think offset 0 subtract to mirror is more logical but I may just be thinking too differently.

My only question would be what happens if you add a third surface at the end that you wanted to start at track 9. Could it be smart enough that offset remains 0 and CSI picks up at the next available channel? Or would offset need to be -16? The latter would be ugly.

But when I think "offset" I think offset from current. Your approach feels more like an offset from start. More like a "starting channel." Starting channel for surface one is 0, starting channel for surface two is 8, starting channel for surface 3 is also 8. Maybe keep your approach and just change the term to something like that to make it more obvious.
Old 01-16-2021, 08:25 AM   #12379
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
I think it makes it a bit more complicated for New users but some big bold text on the wiki could help. But does it break existing multi-surface setups?

Would revisiting the idea of "default offset equals zero, use a negative offset (example: -8) to mirror" potentially help? This way nothing changes anywhere for multi surface setups unless you want mirroring.

Example: you have an 8 channel surface without displays and an iPad using the TrackNavigator trying to create displays for surface 1. How do you get the second one to show what's on the first? Subtract 8. Don't want that, everything stays at zero. It's an offset from how CSI currently assigns channels and it's just subtracting behind the scenes. I still think offset 0 subtract to mirror is more logical but I may just be thinking too differently.

My only question would be what happens if you add a third surface at the end that you wanted to start at track 9. Could it be smart enough that offset remains 0 and CSI picks up at the next available channel? Or would offset need to be -16? The latter would be ugly.

But when I think "offset" I think offset from current. Your approach feels more like an offset from start. More like a "starting channel." Starting channel for surface one is 0, starting channel for surface two is 8, starting channel for surface 3 is also 8. Maybe keep your approach and just change the term to something like that to make it more obvious.
I think of CSI as a large format virtual console, and the starting channel of a surface is the point on the CSI console that is the first channel on that surface.
Old 01-16-2021, 09:45 AM   #12380
siniarch

Quote:
Unfortunately, no.

Shouldn't you be able to do something like this?
Code:
    Takeover+DisplayLower|+Pan| TrackPan "text" [100]
Where the "text" overrides these TrackPan Value and the [100] indicates the duration of the takeover?
siniarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 09:55 AM   #12381
Funkybot

Quote:
I think of CSI as a large format virtual console, and the starting channel of a surface is the point on the CSI console that is the first channel on that surface.
I'm thinking more from the how do you make it simple for end users perspective. In the proposed approach, users need to add an offset of 8 or 16 for every new 8 or 16 channel surface they add to their page. Because the offset is counting the first channel from the left. My understanding is this will impact all multisurface users regardless of whether they want to mirror anything (likely breaks current setups) and creates setup complexity for all users.

In my proposed approach, the offset is always 0 unless a user wants to mirror, which willl almost certainly be less than 5% of CSI setups. This should be easier for the majority of users and requires no change to any existing multisurface setups. You only need to touch the new offset parameter in the rare instance you need it for this rare use-case and everyone else can totally ignore that part of device setup.

Don't know if my approach just can't be done or is way more difficult to code, but just trying to think of how you can make it easy to use and in my head, a default that requires no action on end users or special knowledge is going to win out on the usability front. And hopefully fewer forum posts from confused users, "all three of my surfaces are repeating the same 8 channels!"
Old 01-16-2021, 10:26 AM   #12382
MixMonkey

Quote:
Personally, I'd be fine with a system where the offset was included in the surface settings along number of channels, sends etc. So, surface#1=0, surface#2=8, surface#3=16, surface#4=24etc.

I'd rather set an offset number for each surface than have their offset determined by their position in the surface list (particularly as we can't drag them to change the arrangement) I'd probably still end up with them in order though

I don't think it'd be a problem for users, it seems to work this way on other systems.
Old 01-16-2021, 10:55 AM   #12383
Funkybot

And just to be totally clear: Geoff's approach certainly gets us there and I'd be 100% supportive of it. I just think my approach could slot into existing CSI setups better by not requiring changes, and would be easier for end-users because the default offset is always 0. But that's just my opinion and totally going to depend on the user.
Old 01-16-2021, 11:12 AM   #12384
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
And just to be totally clear: Geoff's approach certainly gets us there and I'd be 100% supportive of it. I just think my approach could slot into existing CSI setups better by not requiring changes, and would be easier for end-users because the default offset is always 0. But that's just my opinion and totally going to depend on the user.
Besides being harder to implement (i'm lazy), it has a semantics problem.

If I have surface 3 with -4 offset, and I remove surface 2, was happens ?

Does surface 3 adjust and stay where it is ?

Does surface 3 now slide into surface's 1's area ?

The absolute offset is more clear I think, even though it is a bit more cumbersome.

I think there is also another user consideration, a lot of folks will have only one surface, and the default "0" is the right answer.

But I do hear the seduction of the relative offset though
Old 01-16-2021, 11:57 AM   #12385
MixMonkey

Quote:
Besides being harder to implement (i'm lazy), it has a semantics problem.

If I have surface 3 with -4 offset, and I remove surface 2, was happens ?

Does surface 3 adjust and stay where it is ?

Does surface 3 now slide into surface's 1's area ?

The absolute offset is more clear I think, even though it is a bit more cumbersome.

I think there is also another user consideration, a lot of folks will have only one surface, and the default "0" is the right answer.

But I do hear the seduction of the relative offset though
Something that just made the short trip across my mind, surely the surfaces only need to have an index number that determines their position- CSI already knows how many channels each surface has, so any offset can be purely internal.

If you want two surfaces to mirror each other, give them the same index number (I'm assuming we're not trying to mirror surfaces with differing numbers of channels here)
Old 01-16-2021, 12:07 PM   #12386
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Something that just made the short trip across my mind, surely the surfaces only need to have an index number that determines their position- CSI already knows how many channels each surface has, so any offset can be purely internal.

If you want two surfaces to mirror each other, give them the same index number (I'm assuming we're not trying to mirror surfaces with differing numbers of channels here)
I dig that approach if feasible. Seems very easy.
Old 01-16-2021, 12:49 PM   #12387
cjewellstudios

I have a potential wrench for the offset gears.

I noticed a phone fits very well over one mf twister, it's nowhere near as tall as a tablet and I have a couple laying around.

Once the offset stuff gets implemented, I was going to try and put 4 channels on each osc phone setup and do the meter bridge that way. With Geoff's proposed implementation, I assumed I could do one phone with 0 offset and one with 4.

Even with Funkybots idea, I could just offset by -8 and -4.

While Mixmonkey's new idea does seem great and maybe it's the way to go, it doesn't allow me to do what I'm thinking here because I'd want to start in the middle of my main surface for one of the osc surfaces.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 01:17 PM   #12388
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
I have a potential wrench for the offset gears.

I noticed a phone fits very well over one mf twister, it's nowhere near as tall as a tablet and I have a couple laying around.

Once the offset stuff gets implemented, I was going to try and put 4 channels on each osc phone setup and do the meter bridge that way. With Geoff's proposed implementation, I assumed I could do one phone with 0 offset and one with 4.

Even with Funkybots idea, I could just offset by -8 and -4.

While Mixmonkey's new idea does seem great and maybe it's the way to go, it doesn't allow me to do what I'm thinking here because I'd want to start in the middle of my main surface for one of the osc surfaces.
This is because you're doing that setup where you've got the two Twisters being combined in Bome into one surface right? So in your case, you'd get more flexibility with offsets versus just mirroring the entire display, which you don't want. I think that's a good argument for more flexibility with offsets.
Old 01-16-2021, 01:24 PM   #12389
Geoff Waddington

WARNING -- SLIGHTLY BREAKING CHANGE

New build is up.

CSI v1_0.zip

Implemented the new offsets method.

You will have to go into the config and adjust the offsets if you have more than one surface.

Also the first time you save CSI.ini the track colouring stuff will disappear, since we don't use it anyway
Old 01-16-2021, 01:27 PM   #12390
cjewellstudios

Quote:
This is because you're doing that setup where you've got the two Twisters being combined in Bome into one surface right? So in your case, you'd get more flexibility with offsets versus just mirroring the entire display, which you don't want. I think that's a good argument for more flexibility with offsets.

Yeah that's correct. I really like it that way to be honest, it allows me to just use one fx zone folder while giving me flexibility in other ways if I want to get crazy later (which I do)

I went through and made a complete mst with all four banks of the twisters (had to go in the twister editors to change all of the cc's to work. I only use the one bank thus far but if I ever need either a page where I can have 32 tracks volume or more banks for large fx plugins (synths/guitar amp sims) I have the flexibility to do so. Separating them again now (even though I probably could) would make all of that harder.
Old 01-16-2021, 01:27 PM   #12391
Funkybot

Quote:

New build is up.

CSI v1_0.zip

You will have to go into the config and adjust the offsets if you have more than one surface.

Also the first time you save CSI.ini the track colouring stuff will disappear, since we don't use it anyway
Since this could be a breaking change, might I suggest advancing the version number? Just to put something up on the Wiki that says "if you're upgrading from a prior version to CSI 1.1, there is a new offsets feature, do this..."
Old 01-16-2021, 01:28 PM   #12392
Funkybot

Quote:
Yeah that's correct. I really like it that way to be honest, it allows me to just use one fx zone folder while giving me flexibility in other ways if I want to get crazy later (which I do)

I went through and made a complete mst with all four banks of the twisters (had to go in the twister editors to change all of the cc's to work. I only use the one bank thus far but if I ever need either a page where I can have 32 tracks volume or more banks for large fx plugins (synths/guitar amp sims) I have the flexibility to do so. Separating them again now (even though I probably could) would make all of that harder.
Your setup totally makes sense for your needs, totally get it! And Geoff's last post with the new update makes it a moot point anyway since the offsets are in. Check it out and post back if it works for you!
Old 01-16-2021, 01:30 PM   #12393
cjewellstudios

Quote:

New build is up.

CSI v1_0.zip

Have lots of work to do, but will report back tomorrow hopefully.

(Quick question regarding osc as it applies to what I'm going to try later)

If I have multiple devices, should they be sending and receiving on different ports?
Old 01-16-2021, 01:32 PM   #12394
Funkybot

Quote:
Have lots of work to do, but will report back tomorrow hopefully.

(Quick question regarding osc as it applies to what I'm going to try later)

If I have multiple devices, should they be sending and receiving on different ports?
I believe yes. It certainly doesn't hurt if it's not absolutely required. I have an iPad on port 8000/9000 and a phone on port 8001/9001.
Old 01-16-2021, 01:40 PM   #12395
Cragster

Quote:

New build is up.

CSI v1_0.zip

I think I'll wait for the wiki on this . Unless someone can give a quick explain ?.I have 4- 8 channel surfaces,1 surface just buttons(no channels), and a touch phone in my setup. Not interested in mirroring ,at least for now anyway. Am I correct in thinking 1st surface will be 0, 2nd will be 8, 3rd will be 16 etc. What do I put for the non channel surface ?
Thanks any help be appreciated
Old 01-16-2021, 01:42 PM   #12396
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
I think I'll wait for the wiki on this . Unless someone can give a quick explain ?.I have 4- 8 channel surfaces,1 surface just buttons(no channels), and a touch phone in my setup. Not interested in mirroring ,at least for now anyway. Am I correct in thinking 1st surface will be 0, 2nd will be 8, 3rd will be 16 etc. What do I put for the non channel surface ?
Thanks any help be appreciated
You got it !

Just leave the non channel surfaces at 0.
Old 01-16-2021, 01:46 PM   #12397
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Since this could be a breaking change, might I suggest advancing the version number? Just to put something up on the Wiki that says "if you're upgrading from a prior version to CSI 1.1, there is a new offsets feature, do this..."
Thought about this, that's why I said "slightly breaking change"

It's a minor aggravation to fix the offsets and it's extremely obvious that something needs attention.

Have to be a bit careful -- managing a lot of versions can itself get tricky real fast.

I do get your concern though.

I'll also tackle the wiki, if not today, early tomorrow.
Old 01-16-2021, 02:11 PM   #12398
Geoff Waddington

Just touched up the CSI.ini section on the wiki a bit, it's a start
Old 01-16-2021, 02:43 PM   #12399
MixMonkey

Quote:

New build is up.

CSI v1_0.zip

Working here Offsets 0(XT), 8(XT), 16(XT), 24(MCU), 0(C4), 32(XT), 48(XT).
Old 01-16-2021, 05:15 PM   #12400
Nils92

Hi guys,
First of all, thanks for all your work.
I am new to reaper, I am a blind user, so I use a screenreader to work. I use Protools too, so I have an avid s1 controller.
Is there anyone who could help me with the configuration and setup of the device and csi?
Nils92 is offline   Reply With Quote