Old 01-20-2018, 03:56 PM   #161
Arthur McArthur
Human being with feelings

Hi mpl, I have a few MIDI script requests:

-quantize selected MIDI note starts
-move edit cursor to nearest grid line (no seek)
-move edit cursor to start of midi item (no seek)
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 10:16 PM   #162
mpl

All background running script were renamed to avoid confusing of some users (so you can select them and delete when ReaPack will ask for removing obsolete scripts). In this case you will need to map them again to buttons on toolbars or custom/cycle actions. Also some not really usefull scripts were deleted from repository (probably there are still some I also need to remove as a useless shit).

@Arthur McArthur I don`t think it is related to me. "Feature Requests" in the name of topic mean requests for existing scripts of mine.
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 05:49 PM   #163
Arthur McArthur

Ok I see, thanks for considering the requests. Here is something more on-topic:

I'm getting a bug now when using "smart duplicate notes" in the MIDI editor (I think since the update):

mpl_Smart duplicate notes.lua:96: bad argument #3 to 'FNG_SetMidiNoteIntProperty' (number has no integer representation)
Old 01-30-2018, 12:17 PM   #164
Arthur McArthur

Thanks for the update. The behaviour of smart duplicate is different than it used to be, is this intentional? On my system, instead of duplicate by measure (how it used to be), it seems like it's duplicate by 1/2 note: https://imgur.com/a/ijBcD
Old 01-30-2018, 12:35 PM   #165
mpl

Not sure it will works but you probably can try to change

Code:
adjust_ppq = measure_ppq * (measures+1)
to
Code:
adjust_ppq = measure_ppq * (measures+2)
at line #57.

Actually as far as I can see the code is old (1.0 was released before december 2015) so yes it could be a bug or unintentional behaviour, seems nobody used this script.
Old 01-30-2018, 12:58 PM   #166
Arthur McArthur

That solved it. Thank you!
Old 02-06-2018, 04:48 PM   #167
hejmathias

Default Delete x characters from selected track names

Hi mpl,

I would like to customize/simplify your script "Delete x characters from selected track names", so I can have an action that just deletes the first 4 characters of selected track names without any prompts.

Can you tell me how to do that?

Many thanks in advance! :-)

EDIT: Ok, I figured it out myself. Thanks for the script!

hejmathias

Last edited by hejmathias; 02-06-2018 at 05:16 PM.
hejmathias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 11:50 AM   #168
Allspice

Hi mpl,

Loving your RS5K Manager script, but it seems to have some odd GUI issues on my system. The sample browser section always has a chunk of blank space in the bottom of the folder where I can't see the filenames (even though I can select them). Any idea what is causing this?

Mac OS X 10.12.6
REAPER 5.70 x64

Allspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 08:50 PM   #169
mpl

Yes. It is a ReaScript limitation, I will probably recode scrollbars soon to avoid this.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:54 PM   #170
skippertag

Hi M.

I'm having a question regarding your transpose scripts.

My problem is, that due to my Bass-Bariton voice I have to pitch down most of the pop cover tunes (too bad that I'm not living in the states with all these deep voiced country cowboys singer ;-))

I have to pitch down by 3-5 seminotes very often...for that reason I'm using Midi Tracks as often as I could... But my life would be much easier trying to find the right sounding Song Key if the Transpose script would automatically transpose notes only with the natural ranges of the instruments in mind. so..... if a note after transpose is outside the natural range the script puts it one octave higher..

There is a jsfx that has the complete database for that...(JS: Shows the range of an instrument in concert pitch....)

Would that be possible to create?

Many thanks in advance!
Frank
skippertag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:41 PM   #171
mpl

Do you transpose notes in MIDI editor or MIDI item in arrange, and what is a range? If I understood you correctly, you need something like "octave limiter/wrapper", working only (?) for lower pitches.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:19 AM   #172
skippertag

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
Do you transpose notes in MIDI editor or MIDI item in arrange, and what is a range? If I understood you correctly, you need something like "octave limiter/wrapper", working only (?) for lower pitches.
Hey thank you for your fast response!

My current procedure is as follows:

- as I play/record all the tracks myself with the keyboard I decided to put the "MIDI Transpose Notes" plugin before any Vst oder Midi-Send-Outboard Keyboard
- Now, when I want/need to transpose a Project I use a script that I adjusted to my needs to change the transpose of all instances of that plugin at once. (Same I did with ReaPitch and AudioItems because I got aware of your great transpose script just yesterday :/)
Instead of going into edit of all midi items and transpose within the editor (which is more flexible esp. with regards to the scaling feature but I don't need that 99% of all time)

- to leave the drumtracks outside that transposing I just don't put the MIDI Transpose plugin on these tracks.

Feature request:
- the MIDI Transpose Notes Plugin has a feature to set lowest key and highest key but that is only a filter to decide which notes are gonna be transposed and which won't ---that's something I also need when it comes to adjust e.g. these multivoices where notes in the very high or very low ranges trigger special sounds or samples (Sounds with Key Switches)

- What I need is a MIDI Transpose plugin (or script) that knows the natural range of all instruments and then, when the midi items get transposed, adjusts all notes that fall outside this natural range by 1 octace higher or lower (depending on the direction of the transposition)
- Drums/percussion of course automatically may not get transposed ;-)

There is a plugin that contains all these ranges but the transpose function is not really working to transpose the notes but to shift the notes with regards to the range...No real transposition is happening. You can find the plugin here: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=131774

The reason for that functionality is, as I mentioned, I'm using quite a lot Midi-Files for my Cover Projects instead of audio mp3 karaoke tracks because of the quite big transposing that I need to adjust to my vocal range. And it's always time consuming to check every track with regards to the note ranges of the instruments.

Optimal would be that the script/plugin gets the correct instrument range from the name (prefix/suffix) of the track instead of needing to adjust every instance of Midi Transpose manually.

Phew.... I hope I didn't confuse you more than before now ;-)

Edit: I just found another tool (that comes with Reaper?): MIDI tool - transpose, velocity, filter, router

I have to check that out...maybe that is the best template to implement the natural ranges of the instruments?...

As it seems that one comes really close...very flexible...the only thing missing is, that the notes outside the range should be played but shifted 1 Oct higher/lower as mentioned before so that they fall into the range again and not get eaten by the filter. At least one could make his own presets

Thinking about it again... we need TWO Min/Max Note Sliders..... one for the filtering as it is to avoid Key-Switches to get transposed and one for the notes that are ought to get acutally transposed, right?

Last edited by skippertag; 02-09-2018 at 02:04 AM.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:23 AM   #173
mpl

^^ I think you need to repost that in script request thread. I guess it could be probably better implemented in JS (not really what I`m good at).
Old 02-09-2018, 10:48 AM   #174
geraintluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippertag View Post
- What I need is a MIDI Transpose plugin (or script) that knows the natural range of all instruments and then, when the midi items get transposed, adjusts all notes that fall outside this natural range by 1 octace higher or lower (depending on the direction of the transposition)

[...]

Thinking about it again... we need TWO Min/Max Note Sliders..... one for the filtering as it is to avoid Key-Switches to get transposed and one for the notes that are ought to get acutally transposed, right?
It's not quite right for your purpose right now, but I have an effect called MIDI Harmony which I created for something similar.

Instead of a range, it gives you a centre note, and it transposes up/down octaves to be as close to this target note as possible. (Or, alternatively, plays all notes within a certain distance as a chord, so you get something like a Shepard Tone.) However, adding a mode that performs the minimum octave-transposition for a given instrument range would be a good addition.

(Also, the Key-Switches are a really good point! I hadn't considered that at all.)

If you're interested, give me a shout here (so we don't clutter up MPL's thread). Or, as MPL says, the script request thread.

Last edited by geraintluff; 02-09-2018 at 10:55 AM.
geraintluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 02:39 PM   #175
skippertag

Quote:
^^ I think you need to repost that in script request thread. I guess it could be probably better implemented in JS (not really what I`m good at).
hehe...you're wise man :-)

I'm getting closer to a solution.... and it seems that indeed two JS's are my friends
Old 02-09-2018, 02:42 PM   #176
skippertag

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraintluff View Post
It's not quite right for your purpose right now, but I have an effect called MIDI Harmony which I created for something similar.

Instead of a range, it gives you a centre note, and it transposes up/down octaves to be as close to this target note as possible. (Or, alternatively, plays all notes within a certain distance as a chord, so you get something like a Shepard Tone.) However, adding a mode that performs the minimum octave-transposition for a given instrument range would be a good addition.

(Also, the Key-Switches are a really good point! I hadn't considered that at all.)

If you're interested, give me a shout here (so we don't clutter up MPL's thread). Or, as MPL says, the script request thread.
I'm defenitely interested and happy that my thoughts will lead to something even more advanced..

Yes, the Key-Switches (on both outside ranges of the instrument's range) are very important these days, aren't they?

I'll contact you on the other thread
Old 02-11-2018, 07:23 AM   #177
sonicowl

Is there a way to drag/drop samples from Reaper's Media Explorer into RS5K manager?
sonicowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 12:08 PM   #178
mpl

Unfortunately no, and that was the reason why I embeded internal browser.
Old 02-11-2018, 12:18 PM   #179
deeb

Quote:
Unfortunately no, and that was the reason why I embeded internal browser.
hei mpl! what kind function would reaper api would need to have in order to achiive this? maybe we could try request it.
deeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:45 AM   #180
mpl

I requested it directly to Justin, but maybe a good idea to post it on forum.

The request is technically consist of 2 parts:
1) to have API something like
gfx.dropped_fp() which returns file path of dropped file from somewhere (from Explorer/Finder or from Media Browser), and nil if nothing dropped. Of course if should return value once at the one defer cycle going right after the mouse release under ReaScript GUI.
2) allow ReaScript GUI take focus for that sort of thing. Because currently if you drag/drop file from somethere it skip ReaScript GUI and and goes to arrangement window (Inserting this file to arrange/track/new track).

This theoretically can extend some other scripts, for example, dragndrop FXchains right to TrackInspector or drop files from arrange to AlignTakes without selecting them.

Last edited by mpl; 02-17-2018 at 12:53 AM.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:42 AM   #181
Pinknoise

Thanks for all your scripts they are quite handy ! I have a simple request for one of your scripts: Script: mpl_Rename selected tracks as first FX.lua

Is it possible to have a version of the script that renames without the company name (and without the brackets) ?

Pinknoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 08:43 AM   #182
mpl

^^ I also reduced slashes for JSFX and use first instrument name is any
Old 02-19-2018, 03:28 PM   #183
Pinknoise

It does work with JSFX. What do you mean by: use first instrument name is any
I found an X-Raym script: Script: X-Raym_Rename tracks with first VSTi and its preset name.lua but that's not really what I'm after. Is there a version of that script without the preset ? Maybe there is one script I'm missing ?
Pinknoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:44 PM   #184
mpl

Yes. If the script find instrument on the track, it renames track to instrument name, otherwise rename track as first FX in the FX chain.

In any cases, it using FX name reducer which is
  • erase any text closed in parentheses including parentheses like "(Cockos)"
  • reduce plugin format stay before colon sign like "VST:" or "DXi"
  • if the string still contains slash symbol, leave text only after last slash symbol, so it leave only JSFX name without directory like "coolstuff/jsfx_plugin_name" >> "jsfx_plugin_name"

EDIT: oops I wrongly pushed that script update to a wrong path so fix will come later

Last edited by mpl; 02-19-2018 at 10:32 PM.
Old 02-24-2018, 10:42 PM   #185
timbralzoom

Hi mpl,

is it possible to also set midi note length for:
mpl_Convert RS5k MIDI item into source based audio items (drum mode)
for example 1/32, 1/16 etc. ?
sorry if already discussed..

Thanks in advance!
Yıldırım.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 11:09 PM   #186
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
is it possible to also set midi note length for:
mpl_Convert RS5k MIDI item into source based audio items (drum mode)
I`m not sure I understand you talk about. In this script it takes current MIDI notes and push linked audio items, takes a source audio length as length for the dumped items.
Old 02-25-2018, 12:51 PM   #187
timbralzoom

Quote:
I`m not sure I understand you talk about. In this script it takes current MIDI notes and push linked audio items, takes a source audio length as length for the dumped items.
ah i see needs to be detailed a bit

since its Drum Mode,
audio (slices/dumped items) plays start to end independently from midi note lengths
so, no matter midi note lengths full or 1/4,1/8..1/32
slices plays already start to end, which is great & what i was looking for..

currently have to set note lengths manually in the midi editor
to fix overlapped notes first

then ready to go manipulate the item further..
for example:
(in Arrange view)
splitting item at note start positions,
and shuffling that splits to create some variations..

if there is a way to set also fixed note lengths in your script
it would bypass the opening midi editor, select all notes & set note lengths there..
all would be done in arrange view in this case.

i hope make sense.
Old 02-25-2018, 01:09 PM   #188
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
so, no matter midi note lengths full or 1/4,1/8..1/32

currently have to set note lengths manually in the midi editor
to fix overlapped notes first

if there is a way to set also fixed note lengths in your script
1. If note lengths dont matter why do you need to correct them?
2. Mentioned script doesn`t do anything with MIDI notes (not create, edit or something). It designed to only dump audio items from linked RS5K sources based on MIDI pitches.
Old 02-25-2018, 02:31 PM   #189
timbralzoom

Quote:
1. If note lengths dont matter why do you need to correct them?
2. Mentioned script doesn`t do anything with MIDI notes (not create, edit or something). It designed to only dump audio items from linked RS5K sources based on MIDI pitches.
1-when you split the item at note starts,
overlapped notes also get splitted and this triggers more than one slice
(triggers more than one RS5k in this case)

2-but anyway now i get your point,
going to try Script Request for separate action
something like "set selected item notes lengths" in Arrange view.

Thank you!
Old 03-07-2018, 03:49 PM   #190
mpl

I just added to my repo some pretty basic scripts, using Julian`s code examples (thanks Julian). This mostly comes for users switched from Sonar to REAPER. They used some old python stuff (I can only guess it was from Anton9, Veto, spk77, gofer, but I`m not sure), so here a bunch of lua scripts I wrote for community using new (5.32+) API:

Remove Channel Aftertouch events.py >> MPL Scripts/MIDI/Remove selected takes MIDI AfterTouch
Remove CC events.py >> MPL Scripts/MIDI/Remove selected takes MIDI CC
Remove Pitch bend events.py >> MPL Scripts/MIDI/Remove selected takes MIDI PitchWheel
Remove PC events.py >> MPL Scripts/MIDI/Remove selected takes MIDI ProgramChange
Select every n'th note.py >> MPL/MIDI Editor/Note selector (alpha)

Also I used this API for InteractiveToolbar for all MIDI related widgets.

For any interested person take a look at other JulianSader stuff:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=176878
Old 03-12-2018, 02:08 AM   #191
DarkFlameSquirrel

Hey mpl. I'm not sure, but I believe the latest update might have broken this script. Ever since I updated, this script started misbehaving in various ways. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it works but only duplicates certain notes within selection. And it misbehaves a bit more with chords.
"Scripts\MPL Scripts\MIDI editor\mpl_Duplicate selected MIDI notes.lua"

No pressure to fix it. I greatly appreciate your wonderful gifts to the world. This one is one of my most favorite scripts since I came from FL recently and this duplicate function works just like it as I learn Reaper more I find your scripts more and more useful. For the time being I will simply use a workaround.

DarkFlameSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:34 AM   #192
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFlameSquirrel View Post
Hey mpl. I'm not sure, but I believe the latest update might have broken this script
Hi, thanks for report. I digged into this isuue and unfortunately I know how to fix that, but it looks complex to me right now. So I`ll remove this script from repo temporary.
Old 03-26-2018, 08:17 AM   #193
HighVoltage

Select track of floating FX

Bug: If there are hidden tracks from the Mixer Panel before the track that has the floating FX, it won't get focused.

Script only works up until the first hidden track.
HighVoltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 03:07 PM   #194
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighVoltage View Post
Select track of floating FX

Bug: If there are hidden tracks from the Mixer Panel before the track that has the floating FX, it won't get focused.

Script only works up until the first hidden track.
Hopefully fixed.
Old 03-26-2018, 03:14 PM   #195
HighVoltage

Indeed it is. <3
HighVoltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 04:45 PM   #196
NextLevel

Hi mpl,

Regarding your script 'mpl_Set_custom parameter of custom fx to custom value.lua'. I was wondering if you could mod it to toggle between two custom values?

Also if it's not too much to ask, maybe two other scripts that could cycle between three custom values like this;
Script1 from custom values = 0.0 to 0.5 to 1.0 then back to 0.0
Script2 from custom values = 0.0 to 0.5 to 1.0 then back to 0.5 and back again to 0.0.

Cheers
NextLevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 05:29 PM   #197
Rosetree

Default Disable "Enlarge selected track, define height?

Hello.

I tried out this script and although it is neat indeed, I came up with a conclusion
that it is something I would like to disable for the time being.

Even after terminating instances that run in the background, this script is still active and
I don't know how to go about neutralizing it.

I also tried uninstalling the scripts from Reapak window.

I would appreciate it if you could show me how!

Thank you and I will be waiting for your reply/
Rosetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 08:14 PM   #198
mpl

"Terminate instance" should does the job. Probably you have "Enlarge selected track" also runned (version without custom height). Unfortunately there is no way to know which one of deferred script running. Also check your SWS project/global startup action.

Last edited by mpl; 03-31-2018 at 02:45 AM.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:06 PM   #199
NextLevel

mpl,

In regards to my previous post https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=198

I was wondering if it would be possible to do something like., Set custom parameter of custom fx of custom track of custom project to custom value[toggle] ?

I often work with multiple projects open at once so being able to toggle specific fx parameter values with a script would make things so much easier.

Thank you
NextLevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:22 PM   #200
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextLevel View Post
Regarding your script 'mpl_Set_custom parameter of custom fx to custom value.lua'. I was wondering if you could mod it to toggle between two custom values?
You need to store some external data when running script (I mean state of your switch), SetProjExtState() should does the job for you. Or you can take as a reference X-Raym template (because it is a toggle it is limited to only 2 states though). Put at main() something like
Code:
is_new_value, filename, sec, cmd, mode, resolution, val = reaper.get_action_context()
state = reaper.GetToggleCommandStateEx( sec, cmd )
if state == 1 then 
  -- (code for apply some value)
 else
  -- (code for apply another value) 
end