Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 01-19-2018, 07:26 AM   #1
fabi
Human being with feelings

Default Multi-synchronous cut (MuSyC) Extension

Hello,
i´m searching for this function. I want to change my DAW from Sequoia to Reaper (for classical music-productions).

Is it possible, that this feature will be implemented in the future?
I´m ready to pay for this.

http://www.magix.com/gb/sequoia/clas...tions/#c735079

Multi-synchronous cut (MuSyC)
Multi-synchronous cut makes it possible to minimize the search for similar audio material and accelerated the editing process. MuSyC adds an overview project to the source destination cut by displaying takes according to musical similarity following an analysis of the source material. A multi-track recording take is represented by a single object. If a section of music has been recorded multiple times, the takes are arranged together and displayed in terms of time. This makes it possible to make sound changes and cuts, even between takes recorded with slightly different tempos. Cuts are always made at the correct position, removing the need to search for the beginnings of alternative recordings. Cuts made in the overview project are carried out in a multi-track destination project which can then be further edited.

Read more: http://www.magix.com/gb/sequoia/classical-productions/

Thank you very much!
fabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 09:02 AM   #2
fabi

Nobody whois also searching vor this function?
fabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 10:36 AM   #3
airon

It's seeems to be a very useful set of functions to have, and they're quite specialized at this time.

I'm hardly qualified to judge this and will need to read the provided materials to get a better sense of the subject.

-edit-
Ok, the description makes it sounds as if Sequoia runs a content analysis on each take in the project.

This is something Reaper does not have to this degree. The user is tasked with keeping track of recordings themselves through meta data, naming or take structure. Reaper provides a few helping hands for this, as do some scripts I imagine.

In the display department, Reaper can help too to show material of similar frequency content, by using Spectral Peak displays.

Check out the menu in Options / Peak Display Mode /.

Spectral Peaks in particular can be very useful for folks cutting instrumental performances, because it's freely configurable in so far that you could have the same colour display the same note regardless of Octave for example. Or you could stretch out the colour range over several octaves.

Peak Display Settings let's you do all this. Right-click on everything. It's the universal Reaper moto.

If you want to group similar takes by frequency content and auto-cut in takes, you're expecting too much from Reaper at this time. I wouldn't mind Reaper showing me all takes similar to one I choose for dialogue editing. That would be nice, but the cost of putting that together might exceed the benefits because of the small number of users you would need this.

Then again you can fill a time selection with source material and have it be auto-stretched/compressed to fit the space too. Material can be sorted and kept in the project bay in subfolders, grouped in to takes and cuts can be saved as comps.

Those are skills you'll have to acquire when using Reaper. The good news is, you don't have to pay a dime to try it out. The transition carries no risk for you.

Last edited by airon; 01-24-2018 at 10:55 AM.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote