Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 03-07-2023, 08:07 AM   #1201
fotisandstuff
Human being with feelings

Hello, Saike! Dusk verb is awesome but I noticed an error: both Brightness and Mix are listed as Verb Y.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2023-03-07 170625.png (3.9 KB, 109 views)
fotisandstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 01:51 PM   #1202
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Glass Audio View Post
I have dusk verb in heavy use on the most recent ReaMixed tune, really liking the results so far! Thanks for yet another awesome plug Sai'ke!!
Can I listen to it anywhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotisandstuff View Post
Hello, Saike! Dusk verb is awesome but I noticed an error: both Brightness and Mix are listed as Verb Y.
Fixed. Thanks for the report!
Old 03-08-2023, 10:44 AM   #1203
Vagelis

HI Saike Dusk verb is amazing thank you. Love the features, sound and GUI!

Also took the courage to come and suggest something for a future creation because I thought that's been missing in Reaper. We don't have many modulators and I thought that an event/cc step sequencer to modulate fx/synth parameters would be very useful to have.

Not sure if one exists already but haven't find anything yet in jsfx. In case you're interested, here's something similar with nice features to take a look at. And also free: https://www.codefn42.com/ccstepper/index.html

Cheers!
Vagelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 01:44 AM   #1204
Reflected

Hey Saike the king of the JSFX

I was wondering if you can update the band splitter to have different kind of crossovers settings like meldaproduction's mxxx?

Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 08:38 AM   #1205
Broken Glass Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai'ke View Post
Can I listen to it anywhere?
I will post the mix here when completed!
Broken Glass Audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 11:24 PM   #1206
rafa1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflected View Post

I was wondering if you can update the band splitter to have different kind of crossovers settings like meldaproduction's mxxx?

Something dedicated for the task is probably simpler to understand, but meanwhile provided that you use Windows or Linux you can do the linkwitz-riley, linear-phase, tonal and MS thing on Mixmaxtrix.
rafa1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 06:17 AM   #1207
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagelis View Post
HI Saike Dusk verb is amazing thank you. Love the features, sound and GUI!

Also took the courage to come and suggest something for a future creation because I thought that's been missing in Reaper. We don't have many modulators and I thought that an event/cc step sequencer to modulate fx/synth parameters would be very useful to have.

Not sure if one exists already but haven't find anything yet in jsfx. In case you're interested, here's something similar with nice features to take a look at. And also free: https://www.codefn42.com/ccstepper/index.html

Cheers!
Thanks

You can do some cc step sequencing with the midi arp. I could probably make a pass-through mode on it that doesn't affect note data if that'd be helpful.

Quote:

*snip*
The bandsplitter supports linear phase and 2p/4p LR already. Mid/Side you can already do with different plugins in REAPER. No idea what those stranger settings are supposed to be doing. Tonal, panorama etc don't really sound like crossovers to me.

Last edited by sai'ke; 03-11-2023 at 06:23 AM.
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 07:09 AM   #1208
Reflected

Quote:
The bandsplitter supports linear phase and 2p/4p LR already. Mid/Side you can already do with different plugins in REAPER. No idea what those stranger settings are supposed to be doing. Tonal, panorama etc don't really sound like crossovers to me.
here are some vids about these...
note:
Spectrum crossover & Tonal/Transient crossover I like the most

Multiband processing #2 - Level crossover

Multiband processing #3 - Panorama and M/S crossovers

Multiband processing #4 - Parallel crossover

Multiband processing #5 - Spectrum crossover (really love this crossover]

Multiband processing #6 - Tonal/Transient crossover (also love this one)

Last edited by Reflected; 03-11-2023 at 07:27 AM.
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 03:04 PM   #1209
Vagelis

Quote:
Thanks

You can do some cc step sequencing with the midi arp. I could probably make a pass-through mode on it that doesn't affect note data if that'd be helpful.
Thanks, actually didn't notice previously that it's possible to add more than one cc lanes. Great plugin btw

Yes that could be useful as well. Is it possible to minimize the notes view and show only the cc lanes and maybe have up to 8 lanes?
Old 03-14-2023, 06:24 AM   #1210
Zeno

Hey Saike,
would it be possible to give the 4-pole phase matcher a link feature?
So that it looks for the 4-pole BandSplitter in the FX chain and synchronizes its filter slopes and crossover points with it?

Greetings
Zeno
Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 11:19 PM   #1211
rafa1981

I think a separate phase matching phase is not required. The phase matching for reconstruction of a LR crossover can be applied when splitting so the only thing that's left to be done is summing. At least that's how I did.

The reasoning I had was that if what one places on the chain afterwards is LTI order doesn't matter. If it is nonlinear the results weren't going to be predictable anyways.

Probably I'm wrong. It was long ago and I don't remember the details.
Old 03-15-2023, 02:58 AM   #1212
sai'ke

Quote:
Thanks, actually didn't notice previously that it's possible to add more than one cc lanes. Great plugin btw

Yes that could be useful as well. Is it possible to minimize the notes view and show only the cc lanes and maybe have up to 8 lanes?
I think so. I'll have a look next time I work on the arp. I'll post here when I have another update out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
Hey Saike,
So that it looks for the 4-pole BandSplitter in the FX chain and synchronizes its filter slopes and crossover points with it?

Greetings
Zeno
AFAIK, JSFX are unaware of which chain they are in. However, it may be possible to add some sort of functionality for the user to just set a "sync" slot and have them send updates to eachother over gmem. I can look into it. I would expect there to be some latency between the plugin updates them though (but it might still be a nice convenience feature nonetheless). I know about the `reg` variables as well, but I'd rather not use those, since there is no nice mechanism to make sure different plugins using reg functionality don't interact in funny ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafa1981 View Post
I think a separate phase matching phase is not required. The phase matching for reconstruction of a LR crossover can be applied when splitting so the only thing that's left to be done is summing. At least that's how I did.

The reasoning I had was that if what one places on the chain afterwards is LTI order doesn't matter. If it is nonlinear the results weren't going to be predictable anyways.

Probably I'm wrong. It was long ago and I don't remember the details.
The phase matcher is intended to keep tracks which don't have a bandsplitter on them to stay in phase with tracks that do. It's not meant for within track phase matching, but between track.
Old 03-17-2023, 05:19 AM   #1213
Vagelis

Quote:
I think so. I'll have a look next time I work on the arp. I'll post here when I have another update out.
Great thanks for considering
Old 03-17-2023, 04:37 PM   #1214
sai'ke

Quote:
Great thanks for considering
I pushed an update to the midi arp (version 0.30). If you click the host button with the right mouse button, you can select "MIDI passthrough". This will hide all the MIDI related stuff from the UI and pass through incoming MIDI notes unimpeded. I've also bumped the number of CC lanes to 8.
Old 03-17-2023, 05:48 PM   #1215
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
Hey Saike,

Greetings
Zeno
Alright, I've added some functionality for this. Hopefully it's useful.

You have 16 groups to communicate over. Basically, the phase matchers will be listening for a bandsplitter transmitting on a particular group. Be careful not to have two bandsplitters send on the same group. No guarantees as to what happens then. Also note that the communication is one-way only. Bandsplitter -> Phase matcher. Not the other way around.

Old 03-18-2023, 05:06 AM   #1216
Zeno

Quote:
Alright, I've added some functionality for this. Hopefully it's useful.
Thank you so much saike! <3
This is really going to be a great workflow enhancement.
Can't wait to use it
Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 06:47 AM   #1217
Vagelis

Quote:
I pushed an update to the midi arp (version 0.30). If you click the host button with the right mouse button, you can select "MIDI passthrough". This will hide all the MIDI related stuff from the UI and pass through incoming MIDI notes unimpeded. I've also bumped the number of CC lanes to 8.
Awesome! looks great and finally we have this modulator in Reaper (there are also the sequencers from LBX stripper, but I prefer this as I'm not using much the stripper script)

Thank you so much, it will get a lot of use from me
Old 03-18-2023, 02:46 PM   #1218
rafa1981

Quote:
The phase matcher is intended to keep tracks which don't have a bandsplitter on them to stay in phase with tracks that do. It's not meant for within track phase matching, but between track.
Now I remember, so you can apply dry-wet for example without passing the dry signal by another crossover, as emulating the phase response with allpasses requires half the amount of filters.

I'll have to look at my code, I know I also did implement this but I don't remember what for... Or probably I didn't? Whatever, excuse my ramblings

EDIT: well, probably half the filters only if the crossover is naive, as I also vaguely remember that the crossover could be done more clevely with multimode filters and allpasses... I remember a kvr thread on that...

EDIT2: A sometimes interesting feature for crossovers is having a (single) control to vary the cutoff between the left and right channel. It makes for some nice stereo stuff.

Last edited by rafa1981; 03-18-2023 at 03:00 PM.
Old 03-26-2023, 06:53 AM   #1219
sai'ke

Just pushed a significant update to Partials.

New features:
- Round robin sample mode. In sampling mode, drag impulse samples onto one of the four pads and play with your samples. Enable sampling mode by setting the play-mode (leftmost knob) to the right.
- Better MIDI note press to string handling allowing sounds to more naturally ring out rather than cut off (still only up to 5 string polyphony though).
- Allow having the decay parameters respond to note release. Look on the bottom right of the plugin to see how to hook this up. This allows faster decay upon release.
- Stereo spinning/vibrato effect (note that this effect is not very mono compatible).
- Filter envelopes.
- Adaptively scale the used partial count in TD mode. This reduces the CPU cost a bit when playing in the higher registers.
- Tons of bug fixes and small quality of life improvements.
- More presets (you may have to import these manually if you installed previously, sorry about that).

Tip: Partials pairs well with DuskVerb... It's almost as if they were made for each-other.
Tip 2: Partials plays well with impulse responses to smear out the phase coherence a bit.
Tip 3: While I did not include many presets that demonstrate the sample mode (to keep the file size down), I would recommend trying it out. It can give pretty surprising results.

Here are some tiny audio clips to give you some impression on the new features:
Model: Pan, Mode: Audio Impulses, Verb: Dusk Verb
Model: Custom, Mode: Audio Impulses, Verb: Dusk Verb
Model: Various, Mode: Spike impulse, Verb: Dusk Verb
Model: Various, Mode: Noise burst impulse, Verb: Guitar impulse response

I will likely do a YouTube tutorial or demo for this thing at some point, but that is still pending ...

Last edited by sai'ke; 03-26-2023 at 07:37 AM.
Old 03-27-2023, 11:04 AM   #1220
juan_r

Partials is getting even better. Hard to improve on something that was already so good, but yes there are quite a few new features and some polishing. Thanks Sai'ke, I've always been partial to Partials - my favorite among your creations!

Quote:
- More presets (you may have to import these manually if you installed previously, sorry about that).
How do we know if we need to import the new ones, and how do we go about that in case we need to?
Old 03-28-2023, 03:33 PM   #1221
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan_r View Post
Partials is getting even better. Hard to improve on something that was already so good, but yes there are quite a few new features and some polishing. Thanks Sai'ke, I've always been partial to Partials - my favorite among your creations!
I'm glad you like it.

I'm getting the feeling it's probably less popular than the regular effects plugins. I should really make some time to do a demo of it sometime.

Quote:
How do we know if we need to import the new ones, and how do we go about that in case we need to?
If it didn't do so automatically already, import the rpl file in the folder. You'll notice that the new ones have [MIDI] and [AUDIO] suffixed.

Just added a new feature. A secondary mode for the time domain mode. It can be activated by the little toggle on the top right of the feedback button (when time domain mode is active). It is a lot brighter than regular TD mode.

Very short demo here: A little arp
And here: Grandfather clock

(Just partials -> dusk verb, nothing else)
Old 03-30-2023, 01:50 AM   #1222
Tapio

Saike, your band splitter (FXD Saike Band Splitter) - was never able to use any of your splitters, their only output is the lowest frequency band. The others emit no sound. If I solo them there is silence. Maybe something I do not understand? Reaper on Win10.
And thanks so much for Partials - such an incredible instrument/effect. Great that you included meaningful Reaper presets!

Last edited by Tapio; 03-30-2023 at 03:02 AM.
Tapio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 03:41 PM   #1223
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapio View Post
Saike, your band splitter (FXD Saike Band Splitter) - was never able to use any of your splitters, their only output is the lowest frequency band. The others emit no sound. If I solo them there is silence. Maybe something I do not understand? Reaper on Win10.
Are you setting up the routing correctly? Band 1 is sent on channel 1/2. 2 on 3/4 and so forth. On the band splitter, you have to add those channels in the pin menu.

If you want to be able to hear all the channel on the same track, then you also need to make sure that you join them back with the bandjoiner so you can hear them.
Old 03-31-2023, 11:26 AM   #1224
Tapio

Quote:
Are you setting up the routing correctly?.
Oops, thank you that solved it, that's what I didn't do...
Tapio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 05:59 PM   #1225
TonE

Dear saike, just played a bit with your latest presets in partials, noice. Thanks a lot. Is partials more for plucked like metallic sounds? Those kind of sounds I like most if you want to play some instrument live, manually, thus no mouse clicking or tracker line entering just playing.
Will experiment more, behind it I put DuskVerb. Nice, who knows what million sounds are possible with those.
What are others using partials for, what kind of sounds are your favourites? I need to read all the text and play more to understand it, for now only a bit preset juggling. Thanks again for sharing your great results, ideas, wisdom, coding, humanity, thanks friend.
Not sure what makes this type of sound possible, but just great, as if you have lots of bell, mallet, metallic instruments in your home. As a layer together with Yutani probably also nice. Here a quick and cheap sales phrase: If you want metals you needs partials.
As if you are from some Amazonas forrest. Wonderful. Thanks a lot.

Last edited by TonE; 03-31-2023 at 06:08 PM.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 06:13 PM   #1226
TonE

Quote:
Kaiser.
Old 04-01-2023, 07:36 AM   #1227
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapio View Post
Oops, thank you that solved it, that's what I didn't do...
Glad you managed to find a solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
Dear saike, just played a bit with your latest presets in partials, noice. Thanks a lot. Is partials more for plucked like metallic sounds? Those kind of sounds I like most if you want to play some instrument live, manually, thus no mouse clicking or tracker line entering just playing.
Will experiment more, behind it I put DuskVerb. Nice, who knows what million sounds are possible with those.
What are others using partials for, what kind of sounds are your favourites? I need to read all the text and play more to understand it, for now only a bit preset juggling. Thanks again for sharing your great results, ideas, wisdom, coding, humanity, thanks friend.
Not sure what makes this type of sound possible, but just great, as if you have lots of bell, mallet, metallic instruments in your home. As a layer together with Yutani probably also nice. Here a quick and cheap sales phrase: If you want metals you needs partials.
As if you are from some Amazonas forrest. Wonderful. Thanks a lot.
Ghehe, I think partials is indeed more for "impulsive" type sounds. So sounds of hitting a block of wood, a pan, something metallic. It kinda comes with the territory as it is basically a resonator. It just simulates decay. You can get slightly longer sounds by feeding it noise, or bumping the feedback, but you don't get away from its more impulsive character. I think it sounds best paired with some reverb (either a plate or something with some resonant quality) as by itself it can sound a bit dry.

It can also be interesting to set up Yutani (or some other synth) and Partials in series and have Partials run in audio mode with short decays. Then you're using it almost like a vocoder.
Old 04-01-2023, 01:56 PM   #1228
foxAsteria

Quote:
Very short demo here: A little arp
And here: Grandfather clock

(Just partials -> dusk verb, nothing else)
Those sound great! Are they presets? I didn't play with it too long but I could only get some funky metallic tones; nothing so realistic. I guess that probably just means you know what you're doing though.
Old 04-01-2023, 02:36 PM   #1229
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
Those sound great! Are they presets? I didn't play with it too long but I could only get some funky metallic tones; nothing so realistic. I guess that probably just means you know what you're doing though.
Yeah. Grandfather clock is "For whom the bell tolls" (near the end of the list) and the other one is "Bright Fields" if I recall correctly. Bright fields relies on having Dusk Verb behind Partials. Partials really needs a diffuser or a verb behind it to help it fill the space. Maybe one day I'll ship one inside it. With the latter, you might have to open up the filter a tad. I may have lowpassed it a tiny bit too aggressive. It's the knob two to the left from the left envelope.

Last edited by sai'ke; 04-01-2023 at 03:57 PM.
Old 04-02-2023, 01:23 AM   #1230
TonE

Does partials contain the Yutani pitchbend mechanism, which was added later? So microtonal audio to midi conversions would sound same via partials, pitch wise.
Old 04-13-2023, 08:42 AM   #1231
XIAOXI

How to preserve the order of the note from low to high. It seem to be random.
XIAOXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 01:09 PM   #1232
sai'ke

Quote:
Does partials contain the Yutani pitchbend mechanism, which was added later? So microtonal audio to midi conversions would sound same via partials, pitch wise.
Not yet, but it's on my backlog! Life's been very busy as of late, so progress has slowed a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIAOXI View Post
How to preserve the order of the note from low to high. It seem to be random.
It is not random.

The order is the order in which the notes are presented to the plugin. If you want them in particular ordering, create them in that order in the MIDI item (or make some start slightly later).

I did some limited testing, but it seems that for notes that start at exactly the same timestamp, REAPER presents them ordered in the order in which they were created. So if you create them in the order C3, C4, G3, G4, then that is the order in which they will appear in the plugin.

That said, I have just added a toggle for sorting the active notes in the buffer. It is the little upwards arrow next to the arp modes.
Old 04-15-2023, 02:47 AM   #1233
TonE

Good idea with sorting addition, having a fixed system, from low to high notes as mentioned here for example.
ReaBee is also nice, thanks for sharing it.
changed bzzz parameter to 71.75, then, right mouse click on interface, sounded nice on a one bar note playing first Synth1 patch.
Is ReaBee something like an advanced dj scratch algorithm, multiplied with as many bees together, or ReaDeejays, kind of.
Old 04-15-2023, 02:51 AM   #1234
TonE

Quote:
Not yet, but it's on my backlog! Life's been very busy as of late, so progress has slowed a bit
No problem, thanks for informing us.
Good health, success and luck in your more important life's side, thanks my friend.
Old 04-16-2023, 08:07 AM   #1235
sai'ke

Quote:
No problem, thanks for informing us.
Good health, success and luck in your more important life's side, thanks my friend.
No worries. Things are fine

I added a bunch of new stuff to Partials.
- You can now set the pitch bend range (this one is for you TonE). Right mouse on the playback knob (leftmost one) shows a menu that has it in there.
- There is an option now to have samples loaded in the sample boxes to follow the played pitch.
- For STFT mode, there are two partial multiplication modes added. One splits the lower partials, which gives a chorusey effect. The other doubles the high partials, which gives like a bright unison-like effect. Note that both of these will add significant CPU cost, but sometimes that's worth it.
- Added a bunch of new presets.

With it, comes a new small demo of it in use:
https://github.com/JoepVanlier/Audio...artialtest.mp3
Partialtest // Presets: Play in high registers 2 followed by Noisy Synth

https://github.com/JoepVanlier/Audio...yback_test.mp3
Sample playbacktest

The chain used here is Partials => DuskVerb. Nothing else. The sample used in the sample playback test was a one shot produced by Yutani pitched slightly out of tune with the resonator.

I do have to admit that Partials can be very hit or miss. It's definitely a more difficult beast to tame than Yutani. In my limited use of it so far, I think it's good for fragile sounds. Not so good at powerful ones. I'm curious, for the people who are using partials, how are you using it?

Running the same arp through Yutani and Partials gives very different results
Yutani leaning heavily into the filter saturation: https://github.com/JoepVanlier/Audio..._darksynth.mp3
Partials: https://github.com/JoepVanlier/Audio...ame_melody.mp3

Last edited by sai'ke; 04-16-2023 at 08:22 AM.
Old 04-16-2023, 09:14 AM   #1236
Fergler

Quote:
I do have to admit that Partials can be very hit or miss. It's definitely a more difficult beast to tame than Yutani. In my limited use of it so far, I think it's good for fragile sounds. Not so good at powerful ones. I'm curious, for the people who are using partials, how are you using it?
I do find it's often a case of playing with stuff until it sounds good. I don't really understand what Stiffness does for example, and it's warning about loud sounds seems to apply more to when stiffness is to the left than to the right.

It also seems to react better to louder input?

I would definitely benefit from watching someone use it properly. But I've already got some cool stuff from it.

This is partials into nostalgizer and Valhalla supermassive, I think:
Attached Files
File Type: zip Saike Render.mp3.zip (814.6 KB, 47 views)
Fergler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 02:27 PM   #1237
juan_r

Quote:
I'm curious, for the people who are using partials, how are you using it?
The most unique use I have for Partials is like a soft vocoder, letting it resonate mith mic input. A little midi input helps, although it doesn't force the pitch like a real autotune/vocoder effect.

Also as a synth it has lots of potential for physical modeled like stuff.

I love Partials :-)
Old 04-17-2023, 03:16 PM   #1238
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan_r View Post
The most unique use I have for Partials is like a soft vocoder, letting it resonate mith mic input. A little midi input helps, although it doesn't force the pitch like a real autotune/vocoder effect.

Also as a synth it has lots of potential for physical modeled like stuff.

I love Partials :-)
Ah nice
Yeah... it still needs some more TLC from me code-wise. I do like some of the sounds I've been getting from it. But it's a tricky beast to tame. I use it most with input audio or the round robin sample mode myself. I feel it gives more "realism" than just impulse spikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergler View Post
I do find it's often a case of playing with stuff until it sounds good. I don't really understand what Stiffness does for example, and it's warning about loud sounds seems to apply more to when stiffness is to the left than to the right.

It also seems to react better to louder input?

I would definitely benefit from watching someone use it properly. But I've already got some cool stuff from it.

This is partials into nostalgizer and Valhalla supermassive, I think:
Cool sound. Reminds me a little bit of Aphex Twin.

I was gonna write an explanation of what stiffness does, but as I was doing so, I realized that there is a pretty bad bug in partials. I don't think the stiffness is needed as a parameter anymore. It is a vestigial parameter of how I used to have it set up and right now, all it technically does is a weird mix of dial in more feedback and control the volume for impulses (the latter because of a bug).

I need some time to come up with a fix that can salvage everyone's old presets, but once I figure that out, I think I can get rid of the stiffness button entirely (you should be able to get the same effect with the feedback button and some output gain) and just provide a more sane volume control.

For those interested:

Stiffness currently only does something in time domain mode. It's basically nothing more than an input gain that gets compensated again at the output.

Code:
Input -(+)->[Positive NL Func]->[*K]->[Resonator]->[1/K]->You
Audio  /\                            ^           ||
       ||________________________________________||
       -------[Saturation]------FEEDBACK-----------
- Here, Positive NL Func is some nonlinear function that is always positive. Basically:
Code:
(in > 0) * abs(in)^nonlinearity)
- K is a gain set by the stiffness
- And saturation is just a saturation block (tanh).

If you consider that the resonator part is essentially a stack of linear models, you can quickly see that the multiplication by K and division by K at the output just cancel. That is, if you consider only very slow movements of the stiffness parameter. If you move the stiffness parameter too quickly, then the decay in the resonator bank will still be going on, while you're already driving the amplitude up at the output to compensate for reducing the input volume.

In its current state, it controls awkwardly how hard the feedback loop is hit. The reason it does so much now, is because of a stupid bug. While the audio comes in as in the diagram, the impulses currently come in _after_ the multiplication with K (because I wanted them per-string). This position is denoted with ^ in the diagram. Because of this, they are not appropriately affected by the gain prior to the resonator bank. They are however affected by the gain compensation at the output. A stupid mistake on my part.

My apologies for the bug. I will try and get a fix out sometime this week.

Last edited by sai'ke; 04-17-2023 at 03:25 PM.
Old 04-18-2023, 03:23 AM   #1239
TonE

Quote:
- You can now set the pitch bend range (this one is for you TonE). Right mouse on the playback knob (leftmost one) shows a menu that has it in there.
Dear saike, thanks a lot for the pitchbend addition for microtonal usage, will test it very soonish.
Need to understand the story with samples, so if I load 4 samples, will I hear those samples being transformed through partials, so are those like audio inputs, only coming from those samples, or something else? What will happen if I load one kick sample, one snare sample, one hihat sample, one clap sample for example? Garbage out?

UPDATE: Saved pitch bend = 02 as default preset for Partials, thanks dear saike. Add before partials MIDI pitch follower jsfx. Take any monophonic audio from youtube, and let partials play along with it. No matter if Indian, Oriental ... scales. Try Pandit Bhimsen Joshi.
I guess the old presets do not take account this the new pitch bend setting. If I change a preset it still shows 02, but sounding still as 00, so I need to select again this pitch bend value. I guess this is normal for newly added parameters and using old presets.

Last edited by TonE; 04-18-2023 at 08:52 AM.
Old 04-19-2023, 03:50 AM   #1240
TonE

The inharmonicity visualization of partials is phenomenal! You made the background layers still visible. Great. Not sure which trick allows this. Maybe some human eye-brain hacking trick?