Old 08-15-2017, 12:12 PM   #1
Jimmy James
Human being with feelings

Default AMAZING Free VST

https://samcycle.blogspot.com/

I could be late to the party here. But I found this on accident. I was looking for a free Hurdy Gurdy vsti. And I looked around this site and seemed interested. So I tried some of the plugins he made for free.
I normally don't try EQs or Channel Strips anymore because I have so many great ones as it is. I don't need to take up more room for something I won't use.
That said, I lean on Waves, T-Racks, for the SSL and others.

EFQ-1 Single Channel EQ VST blew my doors off and made me smack my waves momma! Influenced by the Focusrite 110. Single channel mono EQ strip influenced by the Original Focusrite 110 as used by Sir George Martin.

Now, this thing is not transparent. It colors the sound a lot. But, that can be a great thing if that color is good. And this color is amazing. When first trying something new like this. I like to take a vocal track and crank the high end. I restore it and crank the mids, and then the same with the lows. I use ribbon mics on vocals, so I need to push the eq some.

The high end cranked up was shocking. So much warmth when it is pushed. It is not extremely detailed, but it is not muddy either. It really has a perfect blend of color, blur, and detail.

I tried it on a electric guitar track. And I only made cuts with it. It really added some flavor to the track. And made the overall guitar tracks sound thicker. They were all cut with the same guitar and amp.The color of the vst made the tracks beefy.

A snare drum and a Bass guitar really shined with this thing. If a bass player only has one bass and runs direct. This plugin can really add some variation to the bass guitar. Some guys like it to sound the same on every song, some want to change it up. This helps with that.

I have spent a week with it, and I am very impressed. I would have paid a $100 bucks for this.
It is so good you will find yourself checking out some of the other free plugins as well. I am using a few of them right now. And all 3 I chose are amazing. There is also STEREO!!!!!

Check them out here:

https://samcycle.blogspot.com/search/label/EFQ-1

EFQ-S 2 Channel EQ VST FREE!
https://samcycle.blogspot.com/2012/0...el-eq-vst.html

P.S, the 3X on the bass is DA BOMB y0! I am so old......
Jimmy James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:44 PM   #2
citizenkeith

Hey, this looks interesting. Thanks for posting it! I won't get much use from it, since there isn't a Mac version. But I'll probably throw it in my Linux version of Reaper and test drive it.

PS Loved the last MMJ album.
citizenkeith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 01:01 PM   #3
pixeltarian

32 bit only? sadface.gif
pixeltarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 12:27 AM   #4
ivansc

Lots of older VST and VST1 out there that are 32bit only. Shame, as some of them were (and still are) good in 32 bit.

But unfortunately a lot of their authors are either no longer around or cant/wont do 64bit versions.
Fortunately there are still good 64bit equivalents out there.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:33 AM   #5
jico27

Thanks for posting this!
jico27 is offline   Reply With Quote