Old 09-19-2022, 01:00 AM   #1
maksimvergan
Human being with feelings

Default AVID HDX and UAD plugins

Hello,
I am having a compatibility issue at work between Reaper, an Avid HDX and UAD plugins.
I am a somewhat experienced Reaper user and I am using it on my trusty Windows laptop without any problems.

Recently we have acquired a Mac production system with Pro tools, an Avid HDX interface and UAD plugins. For some reason, when I apply a couple of UAD plugins, Reaper stops playing. When I press space the transport bar says "buffering" for a split of a second and then "playing" but nothing happens. The cursor doesnt move and there is no sound coming out.

I can edit, split, delete or create tracks, save or open new projects, add or delete UAD and other plugins. Sometimes when I close reaper and open it again, it works, but stops again when I add another plugin anywhere. When this happens, I can't get it playing at all. I am running the latest version of Reaper.

I have searched the menu for UAD related settings and have the boxes ticked and it makes no difference. I have also noticed that when this happens, the Avid HDX doesn't show in the available audio interfaces list in Reaper

Pro Tools AND StudioONE work fine on the same machine.

Any info on the matter would be appreciated.
maksimvergan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 08:21 PM   #2
BrentHarmon
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimvergan View Post
Hello,
I am having a compatibility issue at work between Reaper, an Avid HDX and UAD plugins.
I am a somewhat experienced Reaper user and I am using it on my trusty Windows laptop without any problems.

Recently we have acquired a Mac production system with Pro tools, an Avid HDX interface and UAD plugins. For some reason, when I apply a couple of UAD plugins, Reaper stops playing. When I press space the transport bar says "buffering" for a split of a second and then "playing" but nothing happens. The cursor doesnt move and there is no sound coming out.

I can edit, split, delete or create tracks, save or open new projects, add or delete UAD and other plugins. Sometimes when I close reaper and open it again, it works, but stops again when I add another plugin anywhere. When this happens, I can't get it playing at all. I am running the latest version of Reaper.

I have searched the menu for UAD related settings and have the boxes ticked and it makes no difference. I have also noticed that when this happens, the Avid HDX doesn't show in the available audio interfaces list in Reaper

Pro Tools AND StudioONE work fine on the same machine.

Any info on the matter would be appreciated.
Are you using and UAD device like SAT 2 or Apollo because UAD plugin only work with those units.
BrentHarmon is offline   Reply With Quote